VINCENT ENYEAMA WILL RETURN TO SE - ROHR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: VINCENT ENYEAMA WILL RETURN TO SE - ROHR

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:Vince has been a loyal servant of Nigeria, and I will be happy if he is part of the team if we qualify for Russia as I genuinely believe he is one of the best 3 keepers available to Nigeria at this time.

It will also be good for him as he generally seems to be a good guy who has stood up to the FA for the benefit of the team..

However, his departure from the team mostly his fault. You cannot openly challenge the authority of your boss in front of teammates, no matter how young he is.
So who is the baboon that will do all the work? So that monkey-vince will eat and you can be "happy?"
The reports indicate that Vince is not match fit, so it is not a case of him staying away and letting someone else do the job.

We still have a whole season of football under us, and Vince will actually need to find a place to play football regularly.

However, based on last season, Enyeama is one of the top 3 Nigerian keepers available and should make the squad. No body should be guaranteed a starting spot.
This is your comment:
I will be happy if he is part of the team if we qualify for Russia
It is as clear as day, what you said. I dont know what you are trying to explain. Your happiness will be met IF Vince is part of the team IF we qualify. Not before we qualify, but IF we qualify. those were your words.

I ask again, who is the baboon that will make Vince the monkey, and make you happy?
Your name suits you well! Why are you looking for a fight where there is none?

Okay maybe you will be happy if I put it this way - It will be a good outcome if Vince makes the World Cup squad (if we qualify), given his long service and contributions to the Eagles. But for his injury, I think he is one of the top 3 keepers available for the Eagles today, but you never know what can happen over the next 12 months.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Well his club career is ailing so it's a perfect opportunity to put himself in the shop window goalkeepers although known for having longer careers don't get much chances once they lose the number 1 shirt!
The good thing is Coach Rohr said Vince will come back after he heals and after he finds another Club. I hope we will have found a REAL good goalkeeper before then. To me, Vince should remain RETIRED from the Super Eagles.
My guy, be honest. Dem nor dey find 'real keeper' like say dem dey find real pounded yam. They are not cooked on demand.

All the keepers on the horizon we know already - and we are all rightly in panic mode. The young keepers are not ready and the established keepers are not good enough.

Where you wan find 'real' keeper again? Na beans? :idea:
Chief Damunk; I agree with you in general, but perhaps - just perhaps - a young keeper might emerge from somewhere or nowhere and take over the position. Like people already stated, Vince wasn't known until Chief Onigbinde gave him a chance in our World Cup game against England.

Thus, let's wait and see, but I don't see how Vince will make it back to the team. First he has to recover from his injury and second, he has to find a team before he can be invited back to the SE. It looks like an impossible task to accomplish on-time for Vince to make the WC team to Russia if we qualify. Even at that, who will Vince displace (talk about a clear case of "Monkey work Baboon chops".)
If you are talking long term, then we are in agreement. But short term, I think Vince is the only real solution. Even a clubless Vince is still better than a fuly fit and primed Akpeyi. Its just a matter of fitness.

I am really disappointed that Alampasu has not stepped up because he was outstanding at the U17 level some years ago.

I guess the key thing with goalkeepers is simply judgement. It must be that he has not acquired the wisdom aka 'experience' to deploy good judgement. Because that boy at the U17 level showed some awesome reflexes and agility. So it must be a matter of judgement (crosses, positioning etc.).

I see no reason why Nigeria can not identify 300 poor kids around the country with the potential to become 6footers and over. Give them a special scholarship and nurture them through school specifically as future goalkeepers. Apart from Okala and Alampasu, I cannot recall any Nigerian goalkeeper at any level over 6 ft tall. Surely we should be able to produce a clutch of top level goalkeepers in 15 years. Or maybe the current NFF U13 programme should have a special unit strictly for goalkeepers using the same criteria.

For now though, without Vince, we are truly fkked if he doesn't come back.
Forget pride. He is a Nigerian. If na beg we get to beg (which isn't the case) make we beg.
Dodo Mayana is over 6 ft.

I'll keep quiet on Alampasu so it won't be like I have an agenda, but I don't think people watched a lot of the matches in the UAE U-17 Cup.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:Vince has been a loyal servant of Nigeria, and I will be happy if he is part of the team if we qualify for Russia as I genuinely believe he is one of the best 3 keepers available to Nigeria at this time.

It will also be good for him as he generally seems to be a good guy who has stood up to the FA for the benefit of the team..

However, his departure from the team mostly his fault. You cannot openly challenge the authority of your boss in front of teammates, no matter how young he is.
So who is the baboon that will do all the work? So that monkey-vince will eat and you can be "happy?"
The reports indicate that Vince is not match fit, so it is not a case of him staying away and letting someone else do the job.

We still have a whole season of football under us, and Vince will actually need to find a place to play football regularly.

However, based on last season, Enyeama is one of the top 3 Nigerian keepers available and should make the squad. No body should be guaranteed a starting spot.
This is your comment:
It is as clear as day, what you said. I dont know what you are trying to explain. Your happiness will be met IF Vince is part of the team IF we qualify. Not before we qualify, but IF we qualify. those were your words.

I ask again, who is the baboon that will make Vince the monkey, and make you happy?
The nature of team football is that you always have those on the bench. I had said since before the 2014 that I felt Ikeme was the deserved starter for the Eagles, but the question was if Vince will be willing to stay on the bench. (He was on the bench during Vogts, but was much younger). An undercurrent not considered by most during the Oliseh bust up was that it was the first time (I think) that Ikeme and Vince were in camp together.

I am not the coach but Rohr seems to have settled on Akpeyi as the starter in the absence of Vince and Ikeme, so that may be your answer.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

truetalk wrote:
Dodo Mayana is over 6 ft.

I'll keep quiet on Alampasu so it won't be like I have an agenda, but I don't think people watched a lot of the matches in the UAE U-17 Cup.
:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Peter Rufai France 98............................... Nigeria can never ever move forward!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Oloye has already moved on from the SE, emotionally.. I suggest you do too. Nigeria has a problem, we are sick in the head and cursed. This is a fact. I sad the same thing about Tottenham and I am saying it about Nigeria. This is a cursed country with fans who are also cursed. Never have I seen a country that makes the wrong turn, fails and proceeds to make the same wrong turn over and over again. A sick nation with sick fans.
...unfortunately, we are who we are.
If it is a curse so be it, who will overturn the curse, we don't know.
Everything is scatter scatter.
Lawmakers fighting in the halls of their assemblies, robbers, gangs shooting people, president abscond to foreign land, thieves taking advantage to do what they like.
We are now at a period of sleep wake up sleep again wake up again, no fixes just hoping on hope. A rudderless country.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Goalkeepers are like wine, sometimes the older the better.
But then, this is what happens when there is no planning for the future,
we always revert to old hands. We should have started preparing to replace
Enyeama right after Brazil 2014.
Anyway, I like Enyeama's addition to the SE. At least he will bring experience
and help encourage and develop the younger keepers.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The latest on Alampasu.
Don't ask me WTH the article is talking about.
That's Google Translate for you.
ALAMPASU REGISTERED TO BE AN OPTION IN MOREIRA DE CÓNEGOS FEIRENSE 08-08-2017 23:34
By
Pedro Cadima

With an unusual oversight in the preparation of the squad, Fernandez made his debut in the league with a single goalkeeper available to be used by Nuno Manta. An embarrassing situation, already resolved yesterday in view of the next round, in which the firefighters are moving to the Moreirense stronghold. The Nigerian Alampasu was regularized yesterday in the administrative services of the League, after the impasse surrounding his situation and the former junior Ivo - this will be ceded - because the club did not intend to spend an inscription, not knowing exactly what could Caio Secco, Meanwhile contracted, and Murilo Prates, already dispensed. The two Brazilians went through the experimental period and Feirense delayed their options for the goal, with only Caio Secco, who showed qualities in the debut to be the real successor of his friend Vaná, Who made a point of attending his test of fire. Despite the positive indications of the Brazilian, the managers of the Feirense study the market and position themselves for another hiring for the goal.

https://www.abola.pt/Nnh/Noticias/Ver/686492
Feirense without substitute goalkeeper in front of Tondela
Feirense had no substitute goalkeeper in the opening day of the First League.
In the reception to the Tondela, of Monday, the technician Nuno Manta had no alternative to the holder Caio Secco, one of the figures of the
Nigerian player Dele Alampasu participated in the warm-up period before the match but was not included in the game.
"What I was told was that Alampasu would not be available. Of course, during the week there are one or two players who are working and we are prepared," Feirense coach Nuno Manta said after the match.

http://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga/fei ... 91179.html
I am hoping the young Alampasu isn't going through the subtle mistreatment that many African players go through in Europe.
The stories are many and it was only a few years ago that John Ogu was being frustrated out of his mind before he was able to wriggle free and find a decent home in Israel.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

This is your comment:

Okay maybe you will be happy if I put it this way - It will be a good outcome if Vince makes the World Cup squad (if we qualify), given his long service and contributions to the Eagles. But for his injury, I think he is one of the top 3 keepers available for the Eagles today, but you never know what can happen over the next 12 months.
I ask again, who is the baboon that will make Vince the Monkey and Make you happy. You simply dont get it, do you? Why should Vincent make the squad for the world cup after 3 other goalkeepers have suffered to get us there? What will you tell the goalkeeper you are dropping? "Oh! You are not good enough, but we needed you to be a baboon for Vincent to be a monkey so that truetalk can be happy?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Tbite wrote:I would take a clubless Enyeama with Malaria and craw-craw over Akpeyi.
The only problem here is that if a craw craw riddled Enyeama fumbles same fans would be asking why a craw crawless Akpeyi was not put in goal.

I dont want to call Enyeama selfish,but if this report is true...i see selfishness written all over this, suddenly someone needs a podium to use as a shopping window. Good luck to both parties as both seems to need each other right now.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

This is your comment:

I ask again, who is the baboon that will make Vince the Monkey and Make you happy. You simply dont get it, do you? Why should Vincent make the squad for the world cup after 3 other goalkeepers have suffered to get us there? What will you tell the goalkeeper you are dropping? "Oh! You are not good enough, but we needed you to be a baboon for Vincent to be a monkey so that truetalk can be happy?
Hold on a minute. You've never struck me as one to hold on to sentiment and tend to straight talk, even if your point of view is not universally shared or even plain wrong. So which one is "after3 other keepers have suffered"?
'Suffered' like how? :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a game and a highly competitive one. It has been described as 'War by other means' and you only go to battle with your best men - in this case, best hands - and nothing less.

We've had this sentimental argument countless times before where the 'monkey dey work, baboon dey chop' argument has been brought in, but it doesn't and shouldn't apply.

Those that play the game know the score: if someone clearly better than you comes along, even at the last minute, he displaces you from the team. Finish.

When the so-called 'suffering' goalkeepers start letting in goals left, right and centre, the fans, fickle as they are will be the first to blame the coach for poor selection.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:
Tbite wrote:I would take a clubless Enyeama with Malaria and craw-craw over Akpeyi.
The only problem here is that if a craw craw riddled Enyeama fumbles same fans would be asking why a craw crawless Akpeyi was not put in goal.

I dont want to call Enyeama selfish,but if this report is true...i see selfishness written all over this, suddenly someone needs a podium to use as a shopping window. Good luck to both parties as both seems to need each other right now.
Yep, that's when our players seem to perform the best for SE when they are looking for a contract, from JJ to Kanu to all the rest. I just see it as part of the game, its not like the NFF would do jack for them if they got hurt on national duty anyway.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:

Yep, that's when our players seem to perform the best for SE when they are looking for a contract, from JJ to Kanu to all the rest. I just see it as part of the game, its not like the NFF would do jack for them if they got hurt on national duty anyway.

But bros, read the story well again. All of this is from Rohr's side. Rohr reached out to enyeama from the story, and Enyeama said he is injured. Rohr has also put as a condition for Enyeama's return, that he find another club and get fit
“So he cannot play at the moment at his club, he must be fit first and also find another club then hopefully he will be motivated to come back to the national team”, Rohr said
It doesn't sound like Enyeama is using the national team as a podium to me.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

(Wondering Aloud). What if Enyeama is fit, but still does not yet have a club?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This country and these fans deserve each other. a cursed people! absolutely never learn their lesson. repulsive, to say the least
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:

But bros, read the story well again. All of this is from Rohr's side. Rohr reached out to enyeama from the story, and Enyeama said he is injured. Rohr has also put as a condition for Enyeama's return, that he find another club and get fit
“So he cannot play at the moment at his club, he must be fit first and also find another club then hopefully he will be motivated to come back to the national team”, Rohr said
My broda the only thing i need to verify from this story os to be sure it is authentic and not some cooked up story to generate clicks.
Like someone asked what would have been if our man was fit and.still numero uno for Lille? We may never have the true answer...the only kudos here goes to an unrelenting Rohr who saw an opportunity to capitalise upon. All players need a window to put themselves on the shopping window!

The story sounds like a cock and bull story anyway, starting from the headline...this is a click generating story!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

This is your comment:

Hold on a minute. You've never struck me as one to hold on to sentiment and tend to straight talk, even if your point of view is not universally shared or even plain wrong. So which one is "after3 other keepers have suffered"?

This is a game and a highly competitive one. It has been described as 'War by other means' and you only go to battle with your best men - in this case, best hands - and nothing less.

We've had this sentimental argument countless times before where the 'monkey dey work, baboon dey chop' argument has been brought in, but it doesn't and shouldn't apply.

Those that play the game know the score: if someone clearly better than you comes along, even at the last minute, he displaces you from the team. Finish.

When the so-called 'suffering' goalkeepers start letting in goals left, right and centre, the fans, fickle as they are will be the first to blame the coach for poor selection.
This is not sentiments. And perhaps you misunderstand me. Let me make it clear. If Enyeama makes himself available TODAY And he is not selected for whatever reason (Lack of form, injury, by choice). However, AFTER WE HAVE QUALIFIED, the coach realizes and determines that Enyeama is the best and should be taken, I'd be the first to stand up and applaud! I have ZERO problems with that.

However, the notion that Enyeama should make himself AVAILABLE AFTER we have qualified or IF we qualify, is an insult! An insult to those who made themselves available before we qualified, an insult to sane people who live a sane life and an insult to everything that has to do with fairness.

Like Oloye said, Enyeama is a selfish piece of sh111t (Well I added the end) and as far as I am concerned, it doesnt surprise me. His behavior over the years, clearly shows someone with poor character and Nigerians deserve this This is a cursed country with cursed fans!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

This is your comment:

Bros, I rezembu Lastma di lastma officer wey seize ya bus?

I am hopeful that we can wrap up qualification by September 4. Vince is not available for the 2 matches that weekend, so he might not be involved in the qualifying matches that actually matter. If that is the case, we should test out youngsters like Nwolokor and Uzoho and a couple from the NPFL in the last qualifying matches.

If/when qualification is secure & the coach is ready to select the team to Russia, he should choose the best 3 keepers available to the country.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

IF MATCH FITNESS IS ALL VINCE NEEDS...

...why not find him a temporary Nigerian club?
Bell
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:

My broda the only thing i need to verify from this story os to be sure it is authentic and not some cooked up story to generate clicks.
Like someone asked what would have been if our man was fit and.still numero uno for Lille? We may never have the true answer...the only kudos here goes to an unrelenting Rohr who saw an opportunity to capitalise upon. All players need a window to put themselves on the shopping window!

The story sounds like a cock and bull story anyway, starting from the headline...this is a click generating story!

Thats my take away from the story too.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
This is your comment:

This is not sentiments. And perhaps you misunderstand me. Let me make it clear. If Enyeama makes himself available TODAY And he is not selected for whatever reason (Lack of form, injury, by choice). However, AFTER WE HAVE QUALIFIED, the coach realizes and determines that Enyeama is the best and should be taken, I'd be the first to stand up and applaud! I have ZERO problems with that.

However, the notion that Enyeama should make himself AVAILABLE AFTER we have qualified or IF we qualify, is an insult! An insult to those who made themselves available before we qualified, an insult to sane people who live a sane life and an insult to everything that has to do with fairness.

Like Oloye said, Enyeama is a selfish piece of sh111t (Well I added the end) and as far as I am concerned, it doesnt surprise me. His behavior over the years, clearly shows someone with poor character and Nigerians deserve this This is a cursed country with cursed fans!
Okay your point is now a little clearer but I still feel that sentiment still dey inside small :taunt:

I feel you fully if you are suggesting Enyeama should not be chosen if he refuses to be part of the qualification phase, only to make himself available after its done and dusted. For me, that's the football equivalent of treason.

However, 'refusal' does not apply if he is injured or not match fit due to clublessness. In such a case, he has every right to be chosen if the qualis have been successfully navigated without him but is now good enough to make the final tournament squad.

Its football and it happens every day. Players 'suffer' to gain promotion or to qualify their team for the Champions League, only for the manager to go out and spend a fortune on new players in the close season that stroll in and displace those who have done all the hard work.

Like the late Keshi would say, "Daazz fu'boll" :idea: