VINCENT ENYEAMA WILL RETURN TO SE - ROHR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
VINCENT ENYEAMA WILL RETURN TO SE - ROHR

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: VINCENT ENYEAMA WILL RETURN TO SE - ROHR

Post by anointed »

Exclusive : Lille Outcast Enyeama Will Return To Super Eagles – Rohr Reveals
August 15, 2017012

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria ‎Gernot Rohr has sensationally confirmed the return of former Super Eagles captain and goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama to the team as soon as he regains full fitness.

Rohr confirmed he has a near perfect relationship with the goalkeeper who is currently not in the good books of new coach of French Ligue 1 side Lille Marcelo Bielsa, who axed him from the first team.

The Franco-German coach of the Super Eagles in an exclusive chat with Owngoalnigeria.com revealed, once Enyeama returns to full fitness and also sort out the issues of finding a new club, he is confident he will return to the team.

“The true position is that I have a good relationship with Enyeama and he has a problem with the Federation (NFF) before I came on board as coach, and when I called him and he said there’s a problem with the Federation, I cannot come at the moment” Rohr told Owngoalnigeria.com

“I tried to call him again and now I call him again,‎ he asked to take some leave for his injury. I think the situation is a little bit different, some players who don’t want to play for their national team can change their mind.

“But unfortunately the injury of Vincent means he cannot come for this game against Cameroon, not only that he also has to find another club because his club bought two other goalkeepers.

“So he cannot play at the moment at his club, he must be fit first and also find another club then hopefully he will be motivated to come back to the national team”, Rohr said.

Osas Mahawi
Last edited by anointed on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Owngoal
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:
What is your reason for these claps? That Vince is coming back to the team after we might have qualified for the World Cup?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Well his club career is ailing so it's a perfect opportunity to put himself in the shop window goalkeepers although known for having longer careers don't get much chances once they lose the number 1 shirt!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Well his club career is ailing so it's a perfect opportunity to put himself in the shop window goalkeepers although known for having longer careers don't get much chances once they lose the number 1 shirt!
The good thing is Coach Rohr said Vince will come back after he heals and after he finds another Club. I hope we will have found a REAL good goalkeeper before then. To me, Vince should remain RETIRED from the Super Eagles.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Peter Rufai France 98............................... Nigeria can never ever move forward!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Vince has been a loyal servant of Nigeria, and I will be happy if he is part of the team if we qualify for Russia as I genuinely believe he is one of the best 3 keepers available to Nigeria at this time.

It will also be good for him as he generally seems to be a good guy who has stood up to the FA for the benefit of the team..

However, his departure from the team mostly his fault. You cannot openly challenge the authority of your boss in front of teammates, no matter how young he is.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Undertaker wrote:Peter Rufai France 98............................... Nigeria can never ever move forward!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Oloye has already moved on from the SE, emotionally.. I suggest you do too. Nigeria has a problem, we are sick in the head and cursed. This is a fact. I sad the same thing about Tottenham and I am saying it about Nigeria. This is a cursed country with fans who are also cursed. Never have I seen a country that makes the wrong turn, fails and proceeds to make the same wrong turn over and over again. A sick nation with sick fans.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:Vince has been a loyal servant of Nigeria, and I will be happy if he is part of the team if we qualify for Russia as I genuinely believe he is one of the best 3 keepers available to Nigeria at this time.

It will also be good for him as he generally seems to be a good guy who has stood up to the FA for the benefit of the team..

However, his departure from the team mostly his fault. You cannot openly challenge the authority of your boss in front of teammates, no matter how young he is.
So who is the baboon that will do all the work? So that monkey-vince will eat and you can be "happy?"
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

It would be great to see Vince back in the side. Howwver, this article is saying nothing really. If true, all it says is Rohr has a good relationship with him and once he is healthy, he "can change his mind" and Vince still needs to be "motivated" to return "hopefully"

So back to square 1
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:Vince has been a loyal servant of Nigeria, and I will be happy if he is part of the team if we qualify for Russia as I genuinely believe he is one of the best 3 keepers available to Nigeria at this time.

So who is the baboon that will do all the work? So that monkey-vince will eat and you can be "happy?"
The reports indicate that Vince is not match fit, so it is not a case of him staying away and letting someone else do the job.

We still have a whole season of football under us, and Vince will actually need to find a place to play football regularly.

However, based on last season, Enyeama is one of the top 3 Nigerian keepers available and should make the squad. No body should be guaranteed a starting spot.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

The reports indicate that Vince is not match fit, so it is not a case of him staying away and letting someone else do the job.

We still have a whole season of football under us, and Vince will actually need to find a place to play football regularly.

However, based on last season, Enyeama is one of the top 3 Nigerian keepers available and should make the squad. No body should be guaranteed a starting spot.
This is your comment:
I will be happy if he is part of the team if we qualify for Russia
It is as clear as day, what you said. I dont know what you are trying to explain. Your happiness will be met IF Vince is part of the team IF we qualify. Not before we qualify, but IF we qualify. those were your words.

I ask again, who is the baboon that will make Vince the monkey, and make you happy?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Well his club career is ailing so it's a perfect opportunity to put himself in the shop window goalkeepers although known for having longer careers don't get much chances once they lose the number 1 shirt!
The good thing is Coach Rohr said Vince will come back after he heals and after he finds another Club. I hope we will have found a REAL good goalkeeper before then. To me, Vince should remain RETIRED from the Super Eagles.
My guy, be honest. Dem nor dey find 'real keeper' like say dem dey find real pounded yam. They are not cooked on demand.

All the keepers on the horizon we know already - and we are all rightly in panic mode. The young keepers are not ready and the established keepers are not good enough.

Where you wan find 'real' keeper again? Na beans? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

For me it's simple.
1. Is he one of our best keepers currently? Yes.
2. Would he push for a starting place it in camp? Yes

Any other thing na jara to the discussion.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Good news but we mist understand this is a temporary fix to a problem that still exists. If we can't find a young Vince then we are proper fawked
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Odas wrote:
I totally agree,it's sad that a country that loves football with the population of Nigeria doesn't invest in NFF academy that uses former legends as standard bearers and roll models for up and coming footballers!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
My guy, be honest. Dem nor dey find 'real keeper' like say dem dey find real pounded yam. They are not cooked on demand.

All the keepers on the horizon we know already - and we are all rightly in panic mode. The young keepers are not ready and the established keepers are not good enough.

Chief Damunk; I agree with you in general, but perhaps - just perhaps - a young keeper might emerge from somewhere or nowhere and take over the position. Like people already stated, Vince wasn't known until Chief Onigbinde gave him a chance in our World Cup game against England.

Thus, let's wait and see, but I don't see how Vince will make it back to the team. First he has to recover from his injury and second, he has to find a team before he can be invited back to the SE. It looks like an impossible task to accomplish on-time for Vince to make the WC team to Russia if we qualify. Even at that, who will Vince displace (talk about a clear case of "Monkey work Baboon chops".)
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:

Chief Damunk; I agree with you in general, but perhaps - just perhaps - a young keeper might emerge from somewhere or nowhere and take over the position. Like people already stated, Vince wasn't known until Chief Onigbinde gave him a chance in our World Cup game against England.

Thus, let's wait and see, but I don't see how Vince will make it back to the team. First he has to recover from his injury and second, he has to find a team before he can be invited back to the SE. It looks like an impossible task to accomplish on-time for Vince to make the WC team to Russia if we qualify. Even at that, who will Vince displace (talk about a clear case of "Monkey work Baboon chops".)
If you are talking long term, then we are in agreement. But short term, I think Vince is the only real solution. Even a clubless Vince is still better than a fuly fit and primed Akpeyi. Its just a matter of fitness.

I am really disappointed that Alampasu has not stepped up because he was outstanding at the U17 level some years ago.

I guess the key thing with goalkeepers is simply judgement. It must be that he has not acquired the wisdom aka 'experience' to deploy good judgement. Because that boy at the U17 level showed some awesome reflexes and agility. So it must be a matter of judgement (crosses, positioning etc.).

I see no reason why Nigeria can not identify 300 poor kids around the country with the potential to become 6footers and over. Give them a special scholarship and nurture them through school specifically as future goalkeepers. Apart from Okala and Alampasu, I cannot recall any Nigerian goalkeeper at any level over 6 ft tall. Surely we should be able to produce a clutch of top level goalkeepers in 15 years. Or maybe the current NFF U13 programme should have a special unit strictly for goalkeepers using the same criteria.

For now though, without Vince, we are truly fkked if he doesn't come back.
Forget pride. He is a Nigerian. If na beg we get to beg (which isn't the case) make we beg.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:

Again i ask, wasn't Vince an integral part of an Enyimba team that won the league three times in a row and would go on to win back to back champions league? He was the third choice keeper who played in the final dead rubber game and did a decent job. He wasn't just thrown into the thick of things, he played in a friendly pre-world cup against Kenya and was involved in camp.
Last edited by metalalloy on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I would take a clubless Enyeama with Malaria and craw-craw over Akpeyi.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:

Which people stated it?

This is like saying Mungo Park discovered the source of the River Niger or that Carl Ikeme was not known until someone gave him a national team chance.

I knew Enyeama b4 AO gave him a chance. The first time I saw him live at the Akure Stadium, I wondered why he was not a national team player? Was I surprised when AO invited him? NO. Was I surprised when he made that Paul Scholes save? NO.

Any goalkeeper that should or would man our goal in the WC should be known by now. Rohr knows all these which is why he's not thinking of Akpeyi and co especially in the wake of the illness to Ikeme.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...