AITEO CUP 2017

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ukwala
Egg
Egg
Re: AITEO CUP 2017

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
ukwala wrote:1st leg Quarter finals played today

Tornadoes 2 vs 0 Plateau United
Osun United 1 vs 0 Sunshine Stars
FCIU 3 vs 0 ABS
Akwa United vs Katsina Feeders/Ekiti United????
I am hoping Akwa United go all the way to win the Cup.
Why? You don't want a double? Boboye is one of your favourite coaches, no?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ukwala wrote:1st leg Quarter finals played today

Tornadoes 2 vs 0 Plateau United
Osun United 1 vs 0 Sunshine Stars
FCIU 3 vs 0 ABS
Akwa United vs Katsina Feeders/Ekiti United????
I am hoping Akwa United go all the way to win the Cup.
Why? You don't want a double? Boboye is one of your favourite coaches, no?
Yea, I like results produced by Boboye but I also like Maikaba. From what I read and some highlights (I wish I could watch full games), Akwa appears one of the best teams at the top tier and perhaps play better than Plateau. I want Akwa to be in Africa next year and the Aiteo Cup is the only opportunity as they finished out of the top 3 in the league. My top coaches are Imama, Boboye, Ogunbote, and Maikaba in no particular order.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

What the heck is AITEO :?: :?: :?:

Cheers.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:What the heck is AITEO :?: :?: :?:

Cheers.
Where have you been? The venerable Challenge (FA/Federation) Cup has been renamed the I-Eat-You Cup. The sponsoring company also has naming rights to the Women's Federation Cup .... and is also paying the salaries of national team managers (replacing Ifeanyi Ubah's company, with Ubah apparently preparing to sponsor a candidate against Pinnick).

Vanguard claims to have spoken to an unnamed source within the company who said the company may "review their relationship" with the NFF, because they don't believe they are getting the visibility and publicity they thought they would get. The unnamed source complained about the low media profile of this year's I-Eat-You Cup, and the lack of "planning".

PS: I will continue calling it Federation Cup. I wouldn't mind so much if it was named the Aiteo Federation Cup .... but to just be calling it I-Eat-You Cup, I no fit.

PPS: Why are they creating fixture congestion with this two-legged system for the quarters and semis?
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Tomorrow
Akwa v Katsina Feeders -1st leg
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala,

Thanks. I hope Maikaba can take Akwa United to the trophy this year. That 7-0 was without five key players who were representing Nigeria at WAFU!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:ukwala,

Thanks. I hope Maikaba can take Akwa United to the trophy this year. That 7-0 was without five key players who were representing Nigeria at WAFU!!
EII, it is looking likely. They seem a well funded and stable club. Wish them the best, for your sake :biggrin: :biggrin:
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

[/video]
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Sunshine Stars currently lead Akwa United 1-0...approaching the hour at Ijebu Ode.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

And FCIU lead 2-0 at Tornadoes but it's now 2-2
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Tornadoes 3-2 FCIU
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Tornadoes 4 FCIU 2
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

FT

Sunshine Stars 1-0 Akwa United
Tornadoes 4-2 FCIU
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

anointed wrote:FT

Sunshine Stars 1-0 Akwa United
Tornadoes 4-2 FCIU
What a come-back by Tornadoes, from 0-2 down to win 4-2!!
The 4 teams have it all to play for in the return legs on Wednesday 4th Oct.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Akwa ifeanyi ubah final loading....
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

nemi2002 wrote:Akwa ifeanyi ubah final loading....
KPOM. That is exactly my own thought. I think both teams win second legs 2-0 FCIU and 3-0 Akwa.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:Akwa ifeanyi ubah final loading....
KPOM. That is exactly my own thought. I think both teams win second legs 2-0 FCIU and 3-0 Akwa.
Ifeanyi Ubah is out!