Common sense says the Algeria game should be all new faces

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Common sense says the Algeria game should be all new faces

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

**************************************Onyekuru***********************************

***********************Beeze******************Iheanacho (C)********************

*****************************************Nwakali**********************************

******************************Etebo****************Ajagun************************

***Torunarigha*************Uduokhai*************Awazien************Aina***

*****************************************Uzoho************************************

[1] Nothing else makes sense at this point in time
[2] We are short of about five starters and have a weak bench
[3] Here we have a competitive match that is a dead rubber and will not get a better chance to blood new faces
[4] I also like the fact that the game is away, meaning the players will be thrown in at the deep end, playing in a hostile atmosphere
[5] With the amount of new talent coming through, this is the time to try them out
[6] Anyone who plays will also have participated in the qualifiers, which should keep some people here quiet
[7] I would have Iheanacho in there to captain the team. he had not played for the Eagles much lately and I would like to see his form
[8] These boys will know they are playing for their place in Russia, so I expect them to go out full blast and win this game
[9] Hopefully, after this match, Rohr will have a huge selection headache
[10] If you ask me, I expect about four or five of these boys to make the starting line-up come our World Cup opening game
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: Common sense says the Algeria game should be all new fac

Post by Otitokoro »

Fortunately, your defination of 'common sense' is not espoused to by the majority of football minded folk, including Rohr.
That said, it will be incredibly stupid of anyone to go with all new faces against the Algerians for any number of reasons.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:**************************************Onyekuru***********************************

***********************Beeze******************Iheanacho (C)********************

*****************************************Nwakali**********************************

******************************Etebo****************Ajagun************************

***Torunarigha*************Uduokhai*************Awazien************Aina***

*****************************************Uzoho************************************

[1] Nothing else makes sense at this point in time
[2] We are short of about five starters and have a weak bench
[3] Here we have a competitive match that is a dead rubber and will not get a better chance to blood new faces
[4] I also like the fact that the game is away, meaning the players will be thrown in at the deep end, playing in a hostile atmosphere
[5] With the amount of new talent coming through, this is the time to try them out
[6] Anyone who plays will also have participated in the qualifiers, which should keep some people here quiet
[7] I would have Iheanacho in there to captain the team. he had not played for the Eagles much lately and I would like to see his form
[8] These boys will know they are playing for their place in Russia, so I expect them to go out full blast and win this game
[9] Hopefully, after this match, Rohr will have a huge selection headache
[10] If you ask me, I expect about four or five of these boys to make the starting line-up come our World Cup opening game
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Are you going to be opening the same thread every time a new Nigerian is "discovered?" You know you can just update your old thread with "Uzoho?" Right?

Happy Sunday.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Common sense according to Ayo. Don't second guess the manager. The bed thing is to put out a normal team with few changes in areas we need cover and see how they cope with some of the regulars. An understudy to Mikel needs to be tried, God forbid our Mikel gets injured

Wholesale changes should be reserved for behind closed doors friendly or non sanctioned FIFA game
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am not bothered by the banter on this site. I am certain Rohr will be thinking like me.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am not bothered by the banter on this site. I am certain Rohr will be thinking like me.
ok :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am not bothered by the banter on this site. I am certain Rohr will be thinking like me.

I await the team list for the Algeria game. Then we will talk again.
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

I await the team list for the Algeria game. Then we will talk again.
...and you will run away as usual.. :laugh: :laugh:
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

............................Ezenwa

Shehu....... Balogun..... Ekong......... Echiejile/Aina

.................Onazi/Ogu........Ndidi/Etebo

Simon...................Iwobi.....................Bazee

.....................Iheanacho/Nwakaeme

There will be a friendly after this game to try out the other fringe players.
Last edited by Robotnik on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Think like you of the Friday Onyeku and 3-5-2 fame? God forbid bad thing!!
Look, you really need to stop flattering yourself. After more than a decade on this site, you still have failed to realize you know nothing about football management.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Nigeria needs a new HC, STAT!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Otitokoro wrote:Think like you of the Friday Onyeku and 3-5-2 fame? God forbid bad thing!!
Look, you really need to stop flattering yourself. After more than a decade on this site, you still have failed to realize you know nothing about football management.
Na 'agency' business. It booms around this time. The post count will be used to bamboozle the coach. Enemies of Naija football.

His knowledge of football can be found in the Osaze thread :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

:rotf: :rotf:
Ayo Akinfe na real piece of work...we go through this song and dance every time with him after Nigeria qualifies for the WC. Never fails.
Its like, he waits until we qualify and then starts posting all manner of things that are simply ridiculous.
I guess he really feels the need to be relevant now, after being MIA since the 2014 WC in Brazil :laugh:

Anyway, it makes for interesting thread debates and discussions during the WC period.
wanaj0 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Think like you of the Friday Onyeku and 3-5-2 fame? God forbid bad thing!!
Na 'agency' business. It booms around this time. The post count will be used to bamboozle the coach. Enemies of Naija football.

His knowledge of football can be found in the Osaze thread :taunt:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

dude you're getting out of control.
You've posted this twice already in the last few days: here and here
please calm down
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

smartbrother wrote:dude you're getting out of control.
You've posted this twice already in the last few days: here and here
please calm down
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

To a certain point, I agree with Ayo, though. Why do we want to use many of our regulars in playing a game which has little value to us? By the time the game is played, the FIFA (LAST) ranking to be used for the world cup is already out; therefore, a loss will not hurt us too much.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Odas wrote:
To a certain point, I agree with Ayo, though. Why do we want to use many of our regulars in playing a game which has little value to us? By the time the game is played, the FIFA (LAST) ranking to be used for the world cup is already out; therefore, a loss will not hurt us too much.
Whatever Rohr does will be the right thing to to do because he knows best. Until then we'll enjoy reading Ayo's wishlist for entertainment purposes.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Odas wrote:
Whatever Rohr does will be the right that no to do because he knows best. Until then we'll enjoy reading Ayo's wishlist for entertainment purposes.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, my friend, I hear you. Chief Ayo, please over to you - Sir!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Why would it make sense to throw fresh faces in the deep end? That's not the way to develop or encourage anybody. Dead rubber or not, we need this game to ensure our Fifa ranking is at the highest it can be before the draw for group stages on Dec 1st. Thankfully Rohr listed this as the next target. We need to play to win that game.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

felarey wrote:Why would it make sense to throw fresh faces in the deep end? That's not the way to develop or encourage anybody. Dead rubber or not, we need this game to ensure our Fifa ranking is at the highest it can be before the draw for group stages on Dec 1st. Thankfully Rohr listed this as the next target. We need to play to win that game.
Fifa will rank teams based on the October table. The result of they match will not affect the rankings.

I put it to you that this fresh team is capable of doing better than the one that beat Zambia 1-0. Some of you cannot just get it into your skulls that our team is simply not good enough!

It is either you are being carried away by the results or you have set the bar so low, you do not care if we lose three games in Russia. Our current team is way too limited to participate in the World Cup.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I agree play Uzoho and Alampasu against Algeria. Lets see what we have in the friendly. Hopefully we also play Morocco.

Uzoho
Shehu, Awaziem, Eze, Aina
Agu, Etebo, Ogu
Bassey, Iheanacho, Onyekuru

Beating Algeria won't affect our rankings significantly. Algeria is ranked lower than Nigeria. The ranking system is obviously rigged to favor UEFA teams. The UEFA teams also play more games than CAF.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ohenhen1 wrote:I agree play Uzoho and Alampasu against Algeria. Lets see what we have in the friendly. Hopefully we also play Morocco.

Uzoho
Agu, Etebo, Ogu

Beating Algeria won't affect our rankings significantly. Algeria is ranked lower than Nigeria. The ranking system is obviously rigged to favor UEFA teams. The UEFA teams also play more games than CAF.
who the flipping feck is Bassey? goodness gracious the way you guys throw names around here is comical.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tobi17 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I agree play Uzoho and Alampasu against Algeria. Lets see what we have in the friendly. Hopefully we also play Morocco.

Uzoho
Agu, Etebo, Ogu

who the flipping feck is Bassey? goodness gracious the way you guys throw names around here is comical.
I meant Bazee. Friendlies are mean't to test new players. The first 11 is almost set, maybe one or two new faces. Just need to add depth and gel.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx