UYO TO HOST ALL SUPER EAGLES WORLD CUP MATCHES - Pinnick

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
UYO TO HOST ALL SUPER EAGLES WORLD CUP MATCHES - Pinnick

Post by Obong »

"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UYO TO HOST ALL SUPER EAGLES WORLD CUP MATCHES - Pinnick

Post by jette1 »

Would the Biafran flags be legally justifiably banned from the stadium because we already know some fans would enter the stadium with it :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It should be banned. There are kids that attend the game. Don't want trouble at the stadium.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...who cares, if dem thieves like make dem go host am for boko mofos hideout.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Always follow the money. It will lead you to the reason why Uyo was chosen
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

They still can't build a brand new stadium in Lagos...Lagos should be the center of the National team football...that is where the largest market is...largest fan based...teams use to come to Surulere and Naija never loses. Since 2000 or 2003 SE have never been back.

Spend the money destroy the old national stadium build a bird nest type stadium with 80k people and see the stadium packed!
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

No be just 2 remain?
yes o
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Benedict Iroha wrote:They still can't build a brand new stadium in Lagos...Lagos should be the center of the National team football...that is where the largest market is...largest fan based...teams use to come to Surulere and Naija never loses. Since 2000 or 2003 SE have never been back.

Spend the money destroy the old national stadium build a bird nest type stadium with 80k people and see the stadium packed!
Stadiums cost money no one wants to spent that money that will hardly generate any revenue. You also know that it would become dilapidated within years like Abuja.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Benedict Iroha wrote:They still can't build a brand new stadium in Lagos...Lagos should be the center of the National team football...that is where the largest market is...largest fan based...teams use to come to Surulere and Naija never loses. Since 2000 or 2003 SE have never been back.

Packed with fairweather fans!
Lagos is my base but the fans are not loyal!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kalani JR wrote:

Stadiums cost money no one wants to spent that money that will hardly generate any revenue. You also know that it would become dilapidated within years like Abuja.
It's because the NPL for one isn't a marketable League and 99% of the clubs are inherited by governors most of which have no pride in their local club,if the league was a success our cause better stadiums would be built to accommodate the fans.Even in a slow developing nation like Nigeria such logic may be applied!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

That place has no soul. It is like the SE is playing an away match. Pinnick must reconsider this decision.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

ohenhen1 wrote:That place has no soul. It is like the SE is playing an away match. Pinnick must reconsider this decision.
Like I said before, SE can count on docile support from very docile Uyo people!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:Would the Biafran flags be legally justifiably banned from the stadium because we already know some fans would enter the stadium with it :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
The Flag should be banned. We do not have a country called "Biafra" anywhere on earth, so such a Flag is a "terrorist" Flag and should not be allowed anywhere near the Stadium
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:

please can we stop this defunct tired narrative about Lagos fans; why are we projecting an archaic 20yrs old events & mindset (of ohesse/1naija time danfo/molue fare paying mugus) on a much younger, more educated, richer, Mall shopping, well informed modern Lagosians armed with cell phone, Ipad, laptops, internet, facebook, sports cars, and global connectedness. Loyalty is generational and there can be no more evidence of abundance of such loyalty than the shopping mall patronage of this generation. The same very narrative of patronage was being peddled when the shopping malls started to sprang around. They said no one would shop there. You create loyalty by providing something appealing. We have middle class with extra money to spend if you give them reasons to do so. A posh new stadium in Lagos would be a center of attraction.
And by the way some of you here should get your arsseesee of the net and take the streets, the banks, the oil corporations and raise the funds privately and erect the stadium yourself instead of waiting on the politicians to do so.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

well said jette
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

please can we stop this defunct tired narrative about Lagos fans; why are we projecting an archaic 20yrs old events & mindset (of ohesse/1naija time danfo/molue fare paying mugus) on a much younger, more educated, richer, Mall shopping, well informed modern Lagosians armed with cell phone, Ipad, laptops, internet, facebook, sports cars, and global connectedness. Loyalty is generational and there can be no more evidence of abundance of such loyalty than the shopping mall patronage of this generation. The same very narrative of patronage was being peddled when the shopping malls started to sprang around. They said no one would shop there. You create loyalty by providing something appealing. We have middle class with extra money to spend if you give them reasons to do so. A posh new stadium in Lagos would be a center of attraction.
And by the way some of you here should get your arsseesee of the net and take the streets, the banks, the oil corporations and raise the funds privately and erect the stadium yourself instead of waiting on the politicians to do so.
Chai. You this man.
You really think you know what you are talking about, don't you?
Trendy shopping mall patronage and football crowds? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

U need to wake up, haul your arse over to Lagos from wherever you are and smell the coffee.

If however you were being sarcastic, then brilliant. :thumb:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Chai. You this man.
You really think you know what you are talking about, don't you?
Trendy shopping mall patronage and football crowds? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

U need to wake up, haul your arse over to Lagos from wherever you are and smell the coffee.

If however you were being sarcastic, then brilliant. :thumb:
haul my arse over ? I dont roll that way bro.
about Lagos; that was my base too for 3yrs so you cant tell me nothing about Lagos, And you in fact make my case in agreeing they are fair weather fans; meaning they are malleable and never regid. that is in fact the true nature of typical diverse big city fleeting trans behaviors once in mass assemble. And it is utterly wrong to mistake that as something permanent. and yes shopping mall patronage in current dispensation is transferable to stadium patronage. By the way since the games departed lagos has anyone died because the game left. again it reinforces the stance that Lagos fans' so called emotional attachment to the games is an over-stretched narrative especially in today's lagos

greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

If we can't change the location, then the crowd must be edited. We need the presence of a vocal, bulala-singing, missile-throwing supporters club column of people. NFSC hasn't been their old self of late. Abi austerity they follow catch them? I know for one their best trumpeters defected to Canada :laugh: .
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I believe once the SE start winning consistently and start playing with visible aplomb and confidence, the undaunted support will come. The much - vaunted Lagos support of yore came in the days when our team was truly feared on the continent - The 80s with Odegbami, Chukwu, Muda,Atuegbue, Owo-Blow, and post-1993 with the Keshi, Yekini, Siasia, Finidi, Okocha set.
A bigger problem I identified is that today, the average Nigerian football fan owes primary allegiance to EPL teams like Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, and to a lesser extent, Spurs and Man City. The national team unfortunately comes a distant second in the reckoning of those fans.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Obong wrote:I believe once the SE start winning consistently and start playing with visible aplomb and confidence, the undaunted support will come. The much - vaunted Lagos support of yore came in the days when our team was truly feared on the continent - The 80s with Odegbami, Chukwu, Muda,Atuegbue, Owo-Blow, and post-1993 with the Keshi, Yekini, Siasia, Finidi, Okocha set.
A bigger problem I identified is that today, the average Nigerian football fan owes primary allegiance to EPL teams like Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, and to a lesser extent, Spurs and Man City. The national team unfortunately comes a distant second in the reckoning of those fans.
An example of the craziness for EPL.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/8/h ... state.html
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Obong wrote:
Obong wrote:I believe once the SE start winning consistently and start playing with visible aplomb and confidence, the undaunted support will come. The much - vaunted Lagos support of yore came in the days when our team was truly feared on the continent - The 80s with Odegbami, Chukwu, Muda,Atuegbue, Owo-Blow, and post-1993 with the Keshi, Yekini, Siasia, Finidi, Okocha set.
An example of the craziness for EPL.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/8/h ... state.html
Wow.
RIP Dominic.
About 10yrs ago a similar tragedy happened to a Nigerian guy here in London.
Again an Arsenal fan.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

^^^^^^Nigerians need to cut this crap. Yea EPL and Euro football is exciting but stop emotionally investing in these clubs who don't give a crap about your existence. After the mudslide in Serria Leone, how many EPL and European clubs had a 1 minute silence for the victims??? Has the likes of Man Utd, Assanall, Chelski, Barca, Real Madrid, Liverfool etc ever toured Africa during the off season?? aside from the odd trip to South Africa? They would rather go to America or Asia.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

bret- hart wrote:^^^^^^Nigerians need to cut this crap. Yea EPL and Euro football is exciting but stop emotionally investing in these clubs who don't give a crap about your existence. After the mudslide in Serria Leone, how many EPL and European clubs had a 1 minute silence for the victims??? Has the likes of Man Utd, Assanall, Chelski, Barca, Real Madrid, Liverfool etc ever toured Africa during the off season?? aside from the odd trip to South Africa? They would rather go to America or Asia.
[/video]

[/video]