Stoke Vs Arsenal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Stoke Vs Arsenal

Post by anikulapo »

A six foot plus player gets outjumped by a short Japanese guy for a goal.

A give away under minimal pressure leads to a break away goal.

A misplaced pass again under minimal pressure leads to another goal.

That's three out of four goals conceded directly caused by Xhacrap ... but nah make I no talk so I don't have to deal with a Waffi Stat barrage :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"I just worry about his reaction and body language - when the ball is turned over he offers his team-mates zero. Away from home he's a liability - he just doesn't do enough.

"It's clear to see that out of possession he doesn't want to know - he only wants to be on the ball, trying to create and making things happen.

"But world class players do both - when they lose possession they put a shift in for their team-mates and it was clear that didn't happen.
Steven Gerrard
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"

“Arsenal can’t afford to carry someone like Ozil," Keown said on BT Sport of the Germany international.

"Today he wants to have a good look at himself. He’s not kidding us watching the game. It’s not real.

"It looked like he was going through the motions today.

"Their goal shows that, if he has a quick reaction he could have helped Xhaka, but he doesn’t react quick enough.

“Wenger has talked about this casual approach he has, that it’s his body language.

"But only he really knows if he’s giving everything and I don’t believe that he really is.

"Today Ozil should be doing more for his team, he needs to have a good look at himself.

"If he wants to get away from this football club, he’s not going to this month.

"Wenger’s going to make him sit it out for the rest of the season, so while he’s here, he needs to apply himself in the right way."
Martin known

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Arsenal was robbed!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:Arsenal was robbed!

By their coach, Ozil and Xhacrap

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:Arsenal was robbed!

By their coach, Ozil and Xhacrap

Not by Ox or your claimed son Bellerin :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What arrant nonsense
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"Ozil - 4 - Shamefully went missing and he can do way, way better than this."

Daly mirror player ratings :lol:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 8 - His pace against Pieters was a weapon and one superb pass set up Welbeck for a great chance.

Hector Bellerin 6.5 - Busy down the right, especially in the first half, and came close to picking the Stoke defence on more than one occasion with his crossing.

Mesut Ozil 5.5 - Started brightly, like his team, but became increasingly anonymous as Stoke began to take control. Needed more from him.

Daily mail :rotf:

MLK.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Who still loves Arense Wenger in 2017??
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 8 - His pace against Pieters was a weapon and one superb pass set up Welbeck for a great chance.

Hector Bellerin 6.5 - Busy down the right, especially in the first half, and came close to picking the Stoke defence on more than one occasion with his crossing.

Mesut Ozil 5.5 - Started brightly, like his team, but became increasingly anonymous as Stoke began to take control. Needed more from him.

Daily mail :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Laughable. On the Stoke goal, after Xhaka gave the ball away, only ONE Arsenal player did anything of note in the whole defensive sequence....that was Ozil who chased back his man fiercely (you could argue he should have tackled the man and drawn a card but that's a push), everyone else was abject, especially Monreal and Xhaka which is exactly what Arsene said post game. The CM Ramsey was in the #9 position out of place, the FB's were at Bar Beach looking for isi ewu. But yes, Ozil was the worst player. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:Who still loves Arense Wenger in 2017??
the usuals.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

And Wenger is blaming the loss of the referees and on his central defense. He didn't see that Ozil could have actually helped Xhaka, when the ball was lost in midfield. Monreal and Cech look really poor, but good defense starts in midfield.

Below is an extract from espnfc.com.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger slammed his makeshift defense for being "too sluggish" and complained his side had been denied a goal and a penalty by incorrect decisions in the Gunners' 1-0 loss to Stoke on Saturday. We knew it was important in this type of game not to make a defensive mistake, and after halftime straight away we come out and we are too sluggish on defending and pay for it," Wenger told BT Sport.
First of all we lose the ball in the middle of the park and after that I believe we gave him too much freedom at the back through the middle and basically gave them a goal. "You need always to improve the connections between the players, but I was not convinced by our central defense today."

I honestly don't believe that the talent on the team is the issue. It is the leadership of the team that is poor. The complete lack of "Look in the Mirror"-type accountability. From all the chances we created today, our #10 created ZERO of them. NONE. In 20 minutes, Giroud did more than Ozil.

Bepanda
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:And Wenger is blaming the loss of the referees and on his central defense. He didn't see that Ozil could have actually helped Xhaka, when the ball was lost in midfield. Monreal and Cech look really poor, but good defense starts in midfield.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger slammed his makeshift defense for being "too sluggish" and complained his side had been denied a goal and a penalty by incorrect decisions in the Gunners' 1-0 loss to Stoke on Saturday. We knew it was important in this type of game not to make a defensive mistake, and after halftime straight away we come out and we are too sluggish on defending and pay for it," Wenger told BT Sport.
First of all we lose the ball in the middle of the park and after that I believe we gave him too much freedom at the back through the middle and basically gave them a goal. "You need always to improve the connections between the players, but I was not convinced by our central defense today."

I honestly don't believe that the talent on the team is the issue. It is the leadership of the team that is poor. The complete lack of "Look in the Mirror"-type accountability. From all the chances we created today, our #10 created ZERO of them. NONE. In 20 minutes, Giroud did more than Ozil.

Bepanda

I'm not gonna blame Ozil for the goal ... he is just a worthless parasite ... if Wenger even dares suggest this loser should get a contract extension then they should demand his resignation or get fired publicly ... The man is an absolute hopeless lout.

My biggest gripe is with this lumbering Oaf we bought from Switzerland via Germany .... ahhhhh never mind whatever.

And yes talent is the issue .... we need a bloody #6. No one on this team can fill the void ... the closest we have right now is El Neny and Wenger won't play him there

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I forgot the outcome of this match. Did ARSEnal win? What was the score? The thread title ought to reflect the outcome.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:And Wenger is blaming the loss of the referees and on his central defense. He didn't see that Ozil could have actually helped Xhaka, when the ball was lost in midfield. Monreal and Cech look really poor, but good defense starts in midfield.

Bepanda

I'm not gonna blame Ozil for the goal ... he is just a worthless parasite ... if Wenger even dares suggest this loser should get a contract extension then they should demand his resignation or get fired publicly ... The man is an absolute hopeless lout.

My biggest gripe is with this lumbering Oaf we bought from Switzerland via Germany .... ahhhhh never mind whatever.

And yes talent is the issue .... we need a bloody #6. No one on this team can fill the void ... the closest we have right now is El Neny and Wenger won't play him there
Uncle Aniks you know the problem of this team,relax i stop shaking and just enjoy the game.I have decided not to look surprise when we open yash.I know we can't win the league under Wenger again.
I hope fans will not be upset when Sanchez dont care and move on
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...common Stoke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

Different season same arsene Wenger hence same arsenal.wake me up when arsenal sack wenger
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ozil, bad versus Stoke.

From www.arseblog.com
93 – Özil completed an astonishing 91 of 98 passes, 93%! Ozil also had 4 key passes on the day. All better than Ramsey.

0 – Turnovers by Özil.

Ramsey, Bellerin and Ox all lost possession 5 times each (worst by Arsenal and tied with Shaqiri)
Xhaka – 4 turnovers.

Ozil, the worst player according to CE's geniuses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If this was Ozil at his worst, pay him 400k :lol:

Arsenal 77.3% possession.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Plat, those stats can be read in any way you want. A player with no turnovers means he wasn't willing to take chances, it is also supported by the high accuracy of his passes because it means he was only willing to play it safe. He would only be considered effective with those stats if the stats show the number of tackles he put in, number of tackles won, average distance of passes completed and number of chances created.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Its a Goal wrote:Plat, those stats can be read in any way you want. A player with no turnovers means he wasn't willing to take chances, it is also supported by the high accuracy of his passes because it means he was only willing to play it safe. He would only be considered effective with those stats if the stats show the number of tackles he put in, number of tackles won, average distance of passes completed and number of chances created.
Sure. Except key passes tells a lot of stories. That stat isn't one you gloss over.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

16yr old lad throws some wise words

[/video]
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

It's exactly one year now that Leicester's Ahmed Musa was denied a glaring penalty against Arsenal. The anniversary was marked yesterday at Stoke
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Stoke Police ✔ @policingstoke
apologies for the delay in replying. We've been busy looking for a missing person, surname Ozil. Have you seen him? #Banter
1:45 AM - Aug 20, 2017
167 167 Replies 5,811 5,811 Retweets 6,722 6,722 likes

Jesu even Stoke police dey Troll Mezut Ozil :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: what a bloody loser :rotf:

MLK.