Our people don cray: Why do Nigerians love the EPL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kawawa
Egg
Egg
Our people don cray: Why do Nigerians love the EPL

Post by kawawa »

Apologies if posted. Did not see anywhere.
Crazy stuff. More Chelsea shirts sold in Lagos than any other place except London! Wow.
These shirts cost a pretty penny and I send thousands home a year to people because they all say they a suffering. Then i get home and my cousins don already buy new Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Madrid and Barcelona kits. Home and away. If only we had this sort of passion for our local teams!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/19/africa/ni ... index.html
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Our people don cray: Why do Nigerians love the EPL

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It's the only sort of sports entertainment in NIGERIA and it fits our groupie tendancies. Most of the people who bought kits do so because other people have them, not because they actually support the team. There's not enough electricity in NIGERIA to support the epl fan base
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Nigerians love epl because the Nigerian hierarchy directed them to, the hospital visits, the gloated for oyinbo club in london, and the money miss road who wan buy oyinbo club.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

you could replace Nigeria in that article with several countries, even outside the continent

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It's the only sort of sports entertainment in NIGERIA and it fits our groupie tendancies. Most of the people who bought kits do so because other people have them, not because they actually support the team. There's not enough electricity in NIGERIA to support the epl fan base
You hit the nail on the head. :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

tfco wrote:you could replace Nigeria in that article with several countries, even outside the continent
Really 5 local govt area in one State holding a 2 day rally for Arsenal. They don't even do that in North London!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Who no like better thing!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kawawa wrote:
tfco wrote:you could replace Nigeria in that article with several countries, even outside the continent
Really 5 local govt area in one State holding a 2 day rally for Arsenal. They don't even do that in North London!
Post picture to support this..
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

mcal wrote:...Nigerians love epl because the Nigerian hierarchy directed them to, the hospital visits, the gloated for oyinbo club in london, and the money miss road who wan buy oyinbo club.
You are a big fool..It is all about entertainment. Tell me what is exciting to watch on Nigerian TVs?
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

On a slightly different tangent I landed back in London after a week in Zimbabwe. I saw plenty of Arsenal tops. The only thing is I have never seen any of these tops in the armoury. Silent Stan would surely be outraged on all the revenue he is being cheated out of.
I would imagine the majority of all these Chelsea fans in Nigeria do not have the official Chelsea top
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

kajifu wrote:
kawawa wrote:
Post picture to support this..
Oga, click on the link provided in the first post. It's all there. Better than a picture. It is a video.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kawawa wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
mcal wrote:...Nigerians love epl because the Nigerian hierarchy directed them to, the hospital visits, the gloated for oyinbo club in london, and the money miss road who wan buy oyinbo club.
You are a big fool..It is all about entertainment. Tell me what is exciting to watch on Nigerian TVs?
...a gaunt leader home coming in a rowdy motorcade :biggrin:
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Most of those shirts are not original shirts.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Nobody beats Nigerians when it comes to copying the stupidity of others. We never learn from the English about keeping records, about organisation, about providing free healthcare and education, about constant electricity supply. No, we adopt an English club, copy their brain dead programmes like Big Brother, etc.
http://www.naijiant.com/
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

nemi2002 wrote:Most of those shirts are not original shirts.
The price of the originals is beyond the average local Naija footie fan. Even the ticket prices is beyond the capacity of the vast majority, hence if and when the EPL clubs visit, few fans can afford to watch as seen in Abuja. Watching at local bars and viewing centres, buying fakes & knock offs is what is affordable to many.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kawawa wrote:Apologies if posted. Did not see anywhere.
Crazy stuff. More Chelsea shirts sold in Lagos than any other place except London! Wow.
These shirts cost a pretty penny and I send thousands home a year to people because they all say they a suffering. Then i get home and my cousins don already buy new Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Madrid and Barcelona kits. Home and away. If only we had this sort of passion for our local teams!

I am making the same mistake(s) and is beginning to learn the hard way by saying "no." Please and to all, STOP sending money home. They are richer than we are.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kawawa wrote:
Wow :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
Absolutely. :thumb:
Escapism.
If na just for 90mins, its still worth getting away from the minute-to-minute stress that is daily Nigerian life. Even out here, I have found myself focussing on an upcoming EPL game (or a Super Eagles game, even sometimes a Golden Eaglets game) to help carry me through a stressful period.
It is no coincidence that the Nigerian entertainment industry is said to be the only sector unaffected by the recession.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Even our FA president is a self professed Arsenal fan who goes to the Emirates regularly to watch games donning the Arsenal Jersey. We have even had people conduct the Nigeria FA cup draws recently donning a Chelsea jersey. Little things like these matter.
yes o
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:On a slightly different tangent I landed back in London after a week in Zimbabwe. I saw plenty of Arsenal tops. The only thing is I have never seen any of these tops in the armoury. Silent Stan would surely be outraged on all the revenue he is being cheated out of.
I would imagine the majority of all these Chelsea fans in Nigeria do not have the official Chelsea top
Put am for shop. Dem go buy.
Meanwhile I know of many who don the real thing, ordered directly from the EPL clubs, many of them personalized wrt names on them.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Odas wrote:
kawawa wrote:Apologies if posted. Did not see anywhere.

I am making the same mistake(s) and is beginning to learn the hard way by saying "no." Please and to all, STOP sending money home. They are richer than we are.

You know for a fact, you are not going to stop. And you personally look for any excuse to enter WU offiz. :mrgreen:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

papilo wrote:Even our FA president is a self professed Arsenal fan who goes to the Emirates regularly to watch games donning the Arsenal Jersey. We have even had people conduct the Nigeria FA cup draws recently donning a Chelsea jersey. Little things like these matter.
...but the know-it-all Nigerians don't care because it is all about entertainment