Awazie was red carded

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Awazie was red carded

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sent off today..that guy is so rookie
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Obong
Egg
Egg
Re: Awazie was red carded

Post by Obong »

Bigpokey, you missed the "m" in his name. He is Awaziem.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

While Awaziem gets sent off, Balogun is left on the bench for Mainz. Omeruo is training with Chelsea U18, only Troost Ekong plays 90 minutes out of our CDs. This is a worrying trend ahead of the WCQs against Cameroon.
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Sent off today..that guy is so rookie
VERY POOR OFFICIATING... :oops:

Awaziem was playing at LB (in a Back-4 formation) in this game. The RB for Nantes had just committed a foul that left a Troyes attacker sprawling on the deck (the Nantes RB actually got to the ball first but the Troyes player tumbled over him) around the 32-33d minute, which led to some considerable uproar on the Troyes bench - in fact, the ref had to personally go to the sidelines to calm down the Troyes manager. Not much more than a minute thereafter, the Troyes right-sided forwarded/winger cut inwards against Awaziem who swung for the ball, with no apparent malice, missed the ball and instead caught the legs of the attacker. It was neither intentional nor even dangerous, but admittedly a yellow card offence by the rules of the game. Shockingly, the ref (I would guess with the stinging rebuke of the Troyes manager from the earlier challenge - which was not even called for a foul - still ringing in his eyes) instead flashed a red card, frankly to the shock and disbelief of much of the crowd and the other players.

Awaziem was beginning to get into a confident stride at Nantes (and was playing well in this game, even in the unfamiliar LB role), and one can only hope that the suspension and international break will not conspire to deprive him of his recently-secured starter's role at the club and knock him off his stride.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Sent off today..that guy is so rookie
VERY POOR OFFICIATING... :oops:

Awaziem was playing at LB (in a Back-4 formation) in this game. The RB for Nantes had just committed a foul that left a Troyes attacker sprawling on the deck (the Nantes RB actually got to the ball first but the Troyes player tumbled over him) around the 32-33d minute, which led to some considerable uproar on the Troyes bench - in fact, the ref had to personally go to the sidelines to calm down the Troyes manager. Not much more than a minute thereafter, the Troyes right-sided forwarded/winger cut inwards against Awaziem who swung for the ball, with no apparent malice, missed the ball and instead caught the legs of the attacker. It was neither intentional nor even dangerous, but admittedly a yellow card offence by the rules of the game. Shockingly, the ref (I would guess with the stinging rebuke of the Troyes manager from the earlier challenge - which was not even called for a foul - still ringing in his eyes) instead flashed a red card, frankly to the shock and disbelief of much of the crowd and the other players.

Awaziem was beginning to get into a confident stride at Nantes (and was playing well in this game, even in the unfamiliar LB role), and one can only hope that the suspension and international break will not conspire to deprive him of his recently-secured starter's role at the club and knock him off his stride.
Thanks for the summary, I hope his club appeals the red card.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

He lacks dicipline and have no clue how to defend a cross..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Very harsh. They should appeal.
yes o