Conte's catenaccio beat Tottenham at Wembley - Ruud Gullit

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Conte's catenaccio beat Tottenham at Wembley - Ruud Gull

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

learn this
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

oloye wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The Chelsea that I saw earn a dramatic 2-1 victory against Tottenham at Wembley was not the Chelsea that I usually see, and not the Chelsea that I saw so often on their way to winning the title last season.

This was a Chelsea that employed a 'catenaccio' tactical system - a counter-attacking style which became popular in Italian football where teams dig deep, hope for one or two chances to score, take them and then close the game down again.

It worked perfectly against Tottenham as Marcos Alonso converted both of their shots on target.

Chelsea's Italian manager Antonio Conte was forced into playing catenaccio because of the Blues' problems with personne
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40994946

after watching the 2nd half vs Burnley , that was when i said to myself, Conte is a pretty top class manager. ( I hope he improves on his man management skills) but the game yesterday wa stop class ( tactically) it will be interesting to watch Conte's Chelsea in Europe this season
You could see from the moment the Chelsea team was announced what Conte was trying to do.

He decided to play 3-5-2 with Alvaro Morata up top and Willian just behind, as opposed to the 3-4-3 formation they usually play, and he used centre-back David Luiz as a holding midfielder.

N'Golo Kante and Tiemoue Bakayoko - who was making his debut after signing from Monaco this summer - were in alongside him, meaning they were playing with three defensively minded players in central midfield.

Rubbish....if Jose does it,he is parking molue bus madr in Ajegunle filled with Oshodi oke touts. But Conte does it he is credited with driving a luxurious marco polo bus made in Italy.

Bus is bus bolekaja, danfo, molue luxurious....bus is bus abeg!
You nor lie o. That was like 3 defensive midfielders. lol! :D
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote:
oloye wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The Chelsea that I saw earn a dramatic 2-1 victory against Tottenham at Wembley was not the Chelsea that I usually see, and not the Chelsea that I saw so often on their way to winning the title last season.

This was a Chelsea that employed a 'catenaccio' tactical system - a counter-attacking style which became popular in Italian football where teams dig deep, hope for one or two chances to score, take them and then close the game down again.

It worked perfectly against Tottenham as Marcos Alonso converted both of their shots on target.

Chelsea's Italian manager Antonio Conte was forced into playing catenaccio because of the Blues' problems with personne
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40994946

after watching the 2nd half vs Burnley , that was when i said to myself, Conte is a pretty top class manager. ( I hope he improves on his man management skills) but the game yesterday wa stop class ( tactically) it will be interesting to watch Conte's Chelsea in Europe this season
You could see from the moment the Chelsea team was announced what Conte was trying to do.

He decided to play 3-5-2 with Alvaro Morata up top and Willian just behind, as opposed to the 3-4-3 formation they usually play, and he used centre-back David Luiz as a holding midfielder.

N'Golo Kante and Tiemoue Bakayoko - who was making his debut after signing from Monaco this summer - were in alongside him, meaning they were playing with three defensively minded players in central midfield.

Rubbish....if Jose does it,he is parking molue bus madr in Ajegunle filled with Oshodi oke touts. But Conte does it he is credited with driving a luxurious marco polo bus made in Italy.

Bus is bus bolekaja, danfo, molue luxurious....bus is bus abeg!
You nor lie o. That was like 3 defensive midfielders. lol! :D

WHen Diego Costa called him a coward, you guys thought he was joking. The fooooking coward played 8 defenders. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?