Looks like the official list is out

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Looks like the official list is out

Post by bamenda boy »

miky wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Odas wrote:
Cmoke wrote:Oyinbo went for physicality and current form! Nice to know that if you are doing well, you will be called.

Pray that Joel Obi no wound again.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Unlike in the past where - supposedly - a "brown envelop" decided the players to be invited while the nation and fans suffers

Any list with Aaron "pay to play" Samuel involves the "brown envelope". Rohr has gone fraudulent
aaron samuel? you got to be kidding me that guy saved our asses on two dire occations. he is like emenike with more maneuverability
That was then. Be honest, when was the last time you saw him play?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

hypejob awaziem and osimehn take credibility away from this list
osimen it seems is getting more game time from nigeria call ups than his actual club
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

smartbrother wrote:hypejob awaziem and osimehn take credibility away from this list
osimen it seems is getting more game time from nigeria call ups than his actual club
Where is the hype on the only Nigerian CD that starts in a top league?
I am happy
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

At least we know Tyronne Ebuehi is on the list.

https://adodenhaag.nl/nieuws/laatste-ni ... ans-elftal
yes o
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Stop lying.
This report says "die"
We just pray it's not Tyrone or Salisu Yussuf
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:
smartbrother wrote:hypejob awaziem and osimehn take credibility away from this list
Where is the hype on the only Nigerian CD that starts in a top league?
Don't forget, he starts at Right or Left Back... :huh:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

You guys are looking for a right back while Victor Moses is there and a perfect fit.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

bamenda boy wrote:You guys are looking for a right back while Victor Moses is there and a perfect fit.
Would make sense and I am sure the coaches have thought about it too but unfortunately, he is our best attacking player at the moment.
yes o
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

bamenda boy wrote:You guys are looking for a right back while Victor Moses is there and a perfect fit.
He doesn't play right back and has never played right back. So why is he an option there?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

papilo wrote:
Would make sense and I am sure the coaches have thought about it too but unfortunately, he is our best attacking player at the moment.
so in your own head, you've seen Moses play Right Back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote:
truetalk wrote: I admit that not all the problems can be solved at once, but it seems no attempt was made to solve the glaring Echiejile problem. Joel Obi plays in a more forward role these days and it would have been good to test one of the Bundesliga boys in that position.
Like what?
Is he expected to clone a Sofoluwe or a Babayaro?
If dem no dey or are not ready what can he do?
I deleted my comment after Obong's post that this list is not confirmed. No point fighting and banging heads on a list that is not verified, especially since the source has denied it.

Having said that, Dr. Damunk, the solution to this problem is not medical or scientific, even if that is your comfort zone.

We have discussed the LB issue several times in the recent past, including on the thread linked and excerpted below.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281096&p=5044642&hi ... e#p5044642

See me hoping that a new left back will pop up from the league then I see Chima Akas' name on the list.

We don't have a leftback problem. We just need to drop Echiejile.

I was hoping to see Suraj Ayeleso of Nasarawa United on the list. We've seen all the other guys (except Nwabulu) before. Hopefully someone can raise their game to become a credible No. 3 option for the main team.

We do o

I'm doing a review of the team at the moment. I insist that we don't.

On the left, there are several alternatives to Echiejile, & it is either a coaching or administrative failure that makes it seem like we are optionless. Madu, Amuzie, Aina, Uduokhai and Ambrose are viable (and I think better) options. There is also the newly invited Maroof. I understand the need to avoid too many changes before competitive games, but weaknesses need to be addressed.

You may need to review your review if you are going to add Ambrose as a leftback option. Also, saying we have a left back problem does not mean we do not have people who play leftback for their clubs or have played the position before. It just simply means all the options we have at the moment are either not good enough or ready.
Spain had left back problems for years after Sergi Barjuan left the national team. They tried all sorts of leftbacks (Raul Bravo, Capdevilla, Fernando Navarro), all of whom played for top clubs at the time also but they were simply not good enough for the role. Hence they the problem was not solved until Jordi Alba, who was a left winger for Valencia at the time was converted to leftback for Spain and the rest is history.
Uduokhai could be a good option but I don't know if he wants to play for Nigeria or not so until there are discussion there, no point adding him to a list. We may need to convert some of the left footed midfielders we have.

It is tough for any team to be World class at every position, but there is no excuse for settling for Echiejile. We have all seen Amuzie and he is miles ahead of Echiejile, at least for the Eagles. I won't let the fact that he is yet to break into Sampdoria cloud my judgment of that situation.

Ambrose has played that position better than Echijile for the Eagles and I have seen it with my eyes. I will also pick him ahead of Shehu on the left. If he is an upgrade on 2 starters (and he is), what is ridiculous about that?

Let us not Seara this CHAN thread abeg.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Cito wrote:
He doesn't play right back and has never played right back. So why is he an option there?
Where has he been playing lately for Chelsea?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

bamenda boy wrote:
Cito wrote:
Where has he been playing lately for Chelsea?
What formation has Chelsea been playing?

NB: Wing back != Right back
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
papilo wrote:
so in your own head, you've seen Moses play Right Back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is it that you can't read or you need sense?
yes o