Eniola Aluko: Bullying & Racism (Update: Sampson Sacked)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Eniola Aluko: Bullying and Racism Allegations

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Regardless I support Aluko. Thunder scatter anybody wey Yab my naija people ..come dey talk say ebola. ...oh by the way Eni is kina hot... :shyluv:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

cic old boy wrote:Of course she is telling the truth. This is not about "being inclined" to believe. Her statement has to be accepted as fact unless it is highly improbable, self-contradictory or her demeanour doesn't inspire confidence. None of which applies. Besides, it is more difficult to imagine she just made up a story about ebola and arrests. Why those two issues in particular?
I say "inclined" simply to hedge my bets. I'm certain she's telling the truth.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

cic old boy wrote:Of course she is telling the truth. This is not about "being inclined" to believe. Her statement has to be accepted as fact unless it is highly improbable, self-contradictory or her demeanour doesn't inspire confidence. None of which applies. Besides, it is more difficult to imagine she just made up a story about ebola and arrests. Why those two issues in particular?
The funny thing is that she never went to report the issue, the FA asked her to provide a report which she did but they werent expecting the report to go that far.

The are now scrambling to defent Mark Sampson, they used a black female barrister to investigate the case because they realised the Aluko is a credible witness

She is a Lawyer, She was highest goal scorrer in the league, why would she lie?
Oya back to the matter
open and close
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Prince wrote:
The funny thing is that she never went to report the issue, the FA asked her to provide a report which she did but they werent expecting the report to go that far.

The are now scrambling to defent Mark Sampson, they used a black female barrister to investigate the case because they realised the Aluko is a credible witness

She is a Lawyer, She was highest goal scorrer in the league, why would she lie?
It smells of a cover up and it's mainly because Sampson has been 'successfully' with the team.

This also shows how the FA deal with women who face harassment, bullying and discrimination etc. Remember, the Chelsea doctor under Jose. Jose was cleared without the doctor or her representatives giving evidence during the FA 'hearing' that cleared Jose.

Something, didn't look, right when she was dropped.
Aluko said in an Evening Standard interview last week that “the most difficult thing has been not being able to explain to people why it ended so abruptly”.

Her exclusion is all the more striking given Aluko, sister of Fulham forward Sone Aluko, finished as top scorer in the 2016 Women’s Super League with nine goals in 13 starts.

Sampson has not been oblivious to that form, and insists he would not exclude anyone from his future plans.

Asked about Aluko’s impressive goal return, Sampson said: “I think those kind of statistics and that kind of form definitely puts players on the map.

“Always in football or any team sport you’ve got to look at the dynamic of the group and you’ve got to look at how do our team play compared to the qualities of individual players, and when you put all the squad pegs together you want to make sure that puzzle is nice and complete.

“That’s our challenge, to look at the quality of the players and all the other areas that are important to our level of performance, and we’ve got to look at that right blend and balance in the group to put out effective winning teams, and that’s what we’re always trying to do.”
http://sport.bt.com/football/eni-aluko- ... 4163993982

Aluko should sadly consider her England career over, but she has helped eradicate bullying etc from the game.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Lianne Sanderson has tweeted suport for her and kick it out has asked the FA to look into the issue again. Sampson Dan meet ekiti woman he should go and ask what fayose is doing to buhari
Oya back to the matter
open and close
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

I saw the interview on TV and personally found her version of events plausible.

I fear though that she will pay the price with her media career which was just taking off likely grinding to a halt.

She had appeared as a pundit on a number of football programmes but as is often with these cases behind the scenes the establishment will tag her a "troublemaker" and suddenly calls start going unanswered and messages unreturned.

I am sure she is aware of this and this is another reason why I think she is likely telling the truth as she has a lot.to lose.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

I heard her interview with the BBC a couple of days ago but reading the guardian article gives more flesh to the issue. There is a definite closing of ranks on this issue. Seems these people haven't learnt their lesson.

The most shocking part to me was this
You subsequently had a meeting with a senior FA executive and the HR official who was overseeing the internal review. What happened next?

I was in Barcelona, on a weekend away, visiting a friend, when I got an email from the FA – within 24 hours of that meeting – saying the anti-corruption unit was investigating my work as a sports lawyer. I worked as a lawyer for a football agency and the FA rules state that, if you’re a footballer, you can’t represent other players. But I wasn’t representing players as an agent. I was working as a lawyer, which I had been doing for five years and there had never been a problem.

As part of that investigation I had to deliver submissions explaining what my role was with the agency and what my role was with Chelsea. To suggest I had any influence at Chelsea when it came to signings was ludicrous. I had met [the Chelsea chairman] Bruce Buck once in my life. I put that in a letter to the FA but they told me that, based on my submissions, I was breaking the rules.

People don’t know this: I lost that job. I had to give it up, which hurt me a lot. I’d been a sports lawyer for five years and it wasn’t a secret to the FA. If anything, the FA had celebrated it. Yet all of a sudden, they decided it warranted an investigation
The clearest form of intimidation which gives huge credence to her claims in my opinion.

A huge mistake on her part was taking the settlement. If as she says she had a "strong case" and would be due the same amount after a court decision then why not let everything come out in the open. That would have served her and the issues she is fighting for better.
YNWA
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

heavyd, the amount she received was reported to be twice the amount she may have been awarded had she won her case in court.
Last edited by The YeyeMan on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

It [the settlement] was on the basis of what I would have achieved had I been successful. And I believe the FA knew it was a strong case, too.
I was going by her quote above.
YNWA
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

FA might re-open case the girl that was called a prisoner or something has submitted a written evidence, Oyibo team mates should be ashamed of themselves......
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

He actually admitted in his testimony that he said Ebola saying he didnt hear Eniola properly
Oya back to the matter
open and close
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Prince wrote:FA might re-open case the girl that was called a prisoner or something has submitted a written evidence, Oyibo team mates should be ashamed of themselves......
Omo it's not easy when you are the victim, always look behind you to see if there are people behind you. In many Instances, the victim can be made to look like the perpetrator.

When the politics plays out in events such as this, truth goes out the window and it simply becomes a popularity contest.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

aruako1 wrote:Might be Drew Spence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Spence
It was Drew Spence.
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

Prince wrote:FA might re-open case the girl that was called a prisoner or something has submitted a written evidence, Oyibo team mates should be ashamed of themselves......
I just cannot see how Mark Sampson survives this. We have perfected the art of 'getting on with it' in the UK, and it is not always an enviable trait.
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Like I said, "of course she is telling the truth"...
http://www.naijiant.com/
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Dr. Wazobia wrote:
I just cannot see how Mark Sampson survives this. We have perfected the art of 'getting on with it' in the UK, and it is not always an enviable trait.
Hear hear! When the victim complain they say...oh you make too much noise.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Eni Aluko 'disrespected' by England team celebrations

Mark Sampson's off-field issues continued to overshadow the England women’s team after their 6-0 World Cup qualifying win against Russia descended into a row between former and current players.

All 11 outfield players sprinted over and mobbed the England manager after Nikita Parris scored the opening goal on 11 minutes, but Chelsea forward Eni Aluko tweeted that she felt ‘disrespected’ by their actions.

Aluko’s accusations of bullying, harassment and racism, first revealed by Sportsmail, have cast a dark cloud over Sampson and the squad in the build-up to this match

Following the exuberant celebration, Aluko tweeted: ’For the most together team in the world tonight's "message" only shows a level of disrespect that represents division and selfish action,’ while she also pointed out the same players voted for her to represent them in discussions with the Football Association about central contracts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4tDZIdbiG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
YNWA
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Sampson will lose his job over this. Things are in motion.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Nikita paris behaving like a "good igbo" :mad: :mad: Why would she lie? She didnt even report the incident they asked her to provide a report, and she did and they did not like what was in her report.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

The YeyeMan wrote:Sampson will lose his job over this. Things are in motion.
mate you called it o, How you take know
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

Prince wrote:Nikita paris behaving like a "good igbo" :mad: :mad: Why would she lie? She didnt even report the incident they asked her to provide a report, and she did and they did not like what was in her report.
Welcome to Great Britain.....
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Prince wrote:Nikita paris behaving like a "good igbo" :mad: :mad: Why would she lie? She didnt even report the incident they asked her to provide a report, and she did and they did not like what was in her report.
What report?
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

aruako1 wrote:
What report?
Aluko says she made her complaint of "bullying, harassment and discrimination" in May 2016 having been asked to participate in a cultural review of all England teams by the FA's technical director Dan Ashworth.
Oya back to the matter
open and close