Maikaba May Coach FE......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Maikaba May Coach FE......

Post by Enugu II »

Journalists setting out a trial balloon.
Maikaba favoured to lead Flying Eagles, Ilechukwu, Biffo tipped for Golden Eaglets
By admin - August 22, 201789 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/08/22/m ... n-eaglets/

Abdu Maikaba of Akwa United – He looks set to take over the flying Eagles on the back of what he has achieved in the NPFL in the last two seasons
SCORENigeria understands that Akwa United coach Abdu Maikaba is the front runner to lead the new Flying Eagles, while MFM FC coach Fidelis Ilechukwu and Abdullahi Biffo are highly favoured for the Golden Eagles top post.

Maikaba has proved himself at Wikki Tourists and now Akwa United, while Ilechukwu’s work at MFM FC shows he is at home working with exciting young players.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) will today in Abuja begin interviewing of the 59 applicants they short listed for vacant national team coaching positions.

For other national team posts, Rivers Angels coach Edwin Okon looks set to return as Super Falcons boss, while former Enyimba coach Paul Aigbogun, former Super Eagles World Cup Finidi George and ex-Kano Pillars coach Mohammed Baba Ganaru will be considered for the Olympic team, who were last guided by Samson Siasia.

Former Falcons star Perpetua Nkwocha and Bala Nikyu are favoured to be in charge of the country’s female U17s, the Flamingoes.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Maikaba May Coach FE......

Post by Damunk »

So what did they do with Amuneke and Manu?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

The conveyor-belt of coaches at NIS gone kaput..?

Maikaba is not a young coach; personally I'd prefer FEagles coaching job as a rite of passage for promising young coaches...

Fidelis Ilechukwu as candidate for GEaglets is spot-on...

The less said about SFalcons coaching appointment the better...Okon again?
Whatever happened with Flo Omagbemi? Unless she voluntarily stepped down, her contract ought to be long-term.
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Damunk wrote:So what did they do with Amuneke and Manu?
That's what I'm wondering myself.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

FATHER TIKO wrote:The conveyor-belt of coaches at NIS gone kaput..?

Maikaba is not a young coach; personally I'd prefer FEagles coaching job as a rite of passage for promising young coaches...

Whatever happened with Flo Omagbemi? Unless she voluntarily stepped down, her contract ought to be long-term.
I taya o....
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Boss Talk! Emmanuel Amuneke over-qualified for U17, U20 Coaching jobs
By Brila - August 9, 20170

Emmanuel Amuneke
Credit: Getty Images
Emmanuel Amuneke believes he has outgrown the junior national team coaching jobs and so his name will not feature in the over 60 applicants for the Boys U17 and U20 and other national teams.

Amuneke who won the U17 World Cup with the Eaglets and also managed the U20 Flying Eagles, told scorenigeria.com “I am not supposed to be handling either”.

Despite that decision to stay away, the former African player of the year is open to the idea of returning in the future, “one could still be available to help his country not minding if it’s on a bigger level.”

The Nigeria FA announced Coaching vacancies in several men and women national teams and the Technical Committee Boss, Chris Green suggests they’ve been overwhelmed with applications h/t The Vanguard.

“I won’t be able to tell categorically the number of coaches who have applied for each of the team, but in all, we have received over 60 applications as at this morning.”

Green disclosed the pruning process of the over 60 applications will start in the second week of August.

“We will commence the screening next week,” he said.
http://www.brila.net/boss-talk-emmanuel ... hing-jobs/
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Truth be told, Amuneke should be managing a full side by now.
Maybe he felt the national youth teams were a springboard for greater things and tbh he achieved everything he needed to. He's ambitious and should take the leap.
Same with Manu.
"Govt work' can only get you so far.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

FATHER TIKO wrote:The conveyor-belt of coaches at NIS gone kaput..?

I believe this is a balloon being flown by someone in the NFF or by the journalist because I do not believe interviews have even begun. In any case, Maikaba and Ilechukwu will not be poor choices, they have both achieved and it isn't a single season success.

On Omagbemi? She applied but was not shortlisted for the job for political reasons. By this, I refer to some NFF guys who believe she was responsible for the Falcons' uprising after winning the AWC championship in Cameroon. Thus, this is pay back time in their mind.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote:
I believe this is a balloon being flown by someone in the NFF or by the journalist because I do not believe interviews have even begun. In any case, Maikaba and Ilechukwu will not be poor choices, they have both achieved and it isn't a single season success.

On Omagbemi? She applied but was not shortlisted for the job for political reasons. By this, I refer to some NFF guys who believe she was responsible for the Falcons' uprising after winning the AWC championship in Cameroon. Thus, this is pay back time in their mind.
Just say Pinnick!!!

What they did to Florence, is what they did to Keshi and Amodu (to a lesser extent) That's Pinnick. The worst NFF chairman Nigeria in living memory.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Just say Pinnick!!!

What they did to Florence, is what they did to Keshi and Amodu (to a lesser extent) That's Pinnick. The worst NFF chairman Nigeria in living memory.
NFF officials should not be allowed to bring personal prejudices to public jobs.
About time someone or group file charges against these leeching fools who cannot
differentiate between personal and public jobs.
Omagbemi is quite fitting for the Falcons job. Coach Okon does not radiate confidence or capability,
last time out with the ladies. He should move to club coaching.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges