Rohr names Mikel Obi and 22 others for Cam - NFF

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jdizzy
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr names Mikel Obi and 22 others for Cam - NFF

Post by jdizzy »

I'd like to see Onyekuru ahead of Musa until he sorts out his club issues. Good list otherwise
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Synopsis wrote:We need to stop with this physical nonsense. Chile, Mexico, Brazil, Croatia did not need to out-physical Cameroon to beat them. Being smart and clinical is the key.
But they weren't playing with African refs that let a lot more of the rough play go. But we should be good enough to get a result at home at the least.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

jdizzy wrote:I'd like to see Onyekuru ahead of Musa until he sorts out his club issues. Good list otherwise
Una don come with this onyekuru again. Didn't he play against South Africa? What did he do to show he is better than Musa?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Bigpokey24 wrote:owngoal was so wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:

glad to see Ola Aina
I knew about Aina days before the list was out.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

1naija wrote:
jdizzy wrote:I'd like to see Onyekuru ahead of Musa until he sorts out his club issues. Good list otherwise
Una don come with this onyekuru again. Didn't he play against South Africa? What did he do to show he is better than Musa?
True. We love to hail.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

1naija wrote:
It is not good to be posting under the influence of Johnny Walker . For your information he was not even on the bench for South African match.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
john12 wrote:He hasn't played in 3 years. Also, his not an exceptional talent that should be an exception. The match against Cameroon is very important this is not a game to try out players or reintegrate older players. If Joel keep his form he can be recalled for a friendly then we would pursue the remaining

So why on earth was Nwakaeme from Israel called up ?

Absolute nonsense.

Rohr messed up here.
Maybe he's more satisfied with his midfield than his striking options?

hes satisfied with a midfield that could not create any chances against South AFrica and that gave the defence no help.

hes satisfied with a midfield that is utterly clueless without Mikel.

Give me a break.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:
Uncle, Was this on your playstation or is this Johnny Walker speaking through you again? Onyekuru against South Africa!!!

The subs were Osihmen, Kayode and Musa.

The starters were
Daniel Akpeyi (GK); Shehu Abdullahi, Elderson Echiejile, William Troost-Ekong, Chidozie Awaziem; Oghenekaro Etebo, Ogenyi Onazi, Wilfred Ndidi; Moses Simon, Alex Iwobi, Kelechi Iheanacho.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sir V wrote:

glad to see Ola Aina
Has FIFA cleared Aina for Nigeria?
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sir V wrote:

glad to see Ola Aina
Is he cleared to play for us yet? We don't want to get thrown out for fielding him because the nff staff didn't have enough credit on their data plan to call FIFA and confirm. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cally wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Cally wrote:No one can satisfy Nigerian internet coaches, no matter who is invited. The most important thing is for coach Rohr to execute an effective game plan and win. Nigerians are generally insatiable noise makers that know it all all the time.
Do you know that Cybereagles is a discussion forum? I doubt it otherwise you would not have displayed such ignorance with your comments.
You definitely know more than I do. That explains my displaying my ignorance by stating my opinion of you and your fellow internet coaches on Cybereagles, a discussion forum.
I do not know more than you and CE is a discussion forum and that is what we are doing with this topic.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bully12 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
john12 wrote:He hasn't played in 3 years. Also, his not an exceptional talent that should be an exception. The match against Cameroon is very important this is not a game to try out players or reintegrate older players. If Joel keep his form he can be recalled for a friendly then we would pursue the remaining

Absolute nonsense.

Rohr messed up here.
You are absolutely right . I was watching the guy yesterday he could not successfully complete one dribbling and surely lacks football sense. It doesn't make an iota of sense the guy is preferred to Onyekuru, Kayode and Bonaventure. I'm chagrined with Rohr selection. It is looking very likely the feckless buffoon will mess up this qualification .
Rohr is really beginning to piss me off.

This is a guy who says he will not call up ANY NEW PLAYERS for such a crucial qualifier.

But he has axed former SE invitees in Kayode, Ideye, Onyekuru, Success all for some no name 27 year old Israeli based striker because he scored some wondergoal.

This same Rohr will ignore Joel Obi who is free scoring for Torino and playing week in week out in the Italian league.

Yet he is happy with an old and slow John Ogu from the same Israel, and an overhyped Etebo who was a passenger against South aFrica.

HIs logic and reasoning stinks.

Also his continued reliance on Ahmed Musa is worrying. It seems he has deemed Musa as untouchable no matter how little time he is playing for his club or how ineffective he has been for SE.

Any sane coach would have dropped Musa for either or both of Onyekuru or Bonaventure.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Synopsis wrote:We need to stop with this physical nonsense. Chile, Mexico, Brazil, Croatia did not need to out-physical Cameroon to beat them. Being smart and clinical is the key.
It matters a bit in Africa where the refs hold on to their whistles a little longer before blowing. Their is a reason Cameroon are a magnet for red cards on the global level, but get away with wrestling and rugby without cards on the continent.
Last edited by truetalk on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

kpom.

In fact this whole physical nonsense is actually playing into Cameroon's hand.

Are we there to pass around them and score with our buildup play , or are we there to wrestle them.

They will want us to wrestle them, because they will win in that regard. If we get drawn into this gameplan we will likely lose.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

vancity eagle wrote:
bully12 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Absolute nonsense.

Rohr messed up here.
You are absolutely right . I was watching the guy yesterday he could not successfully complete one dribbling and surely lacks football sense. It doesn't make an iota of sense the guy is preferred to Onyekuru, Kayode and Bonaventure. I'm chagrined with Rohr selection. It is looking very likely the feckless buffoon will mess up this qualification .
Rohr is really beginning to piss me off.

This is a guy who says he will not call up ANY NEW PLAYERS for such a crucial qualifier.

But he has axed former SE invitees in Kayode, Ideye, Onyekuru, Success all for some no name 27 year old Israeli based striker because he scored some wondergoal.

This same Rohr will ignore Joel Obi who is free scoring for Torino and playing week in week out in the Italian league.

Yet he is happy with an old and slow John Ogu from the same Israel, and an overhyped Etebo who was a passenger against South aFrica.

HIs logic and reasoning stinks.

Also his continued reliance on Ahmed Musa is worrying. It seems he has deemed Musa as untouchable no matter how little time he is playing for his club or how ineffective he has been for SE.

Any sane coach would have dropped Musa for either or both of Onyekuru or Bonaventure.
I know I really shouldn't be typing this because you're not interested in listening, but there is some logic in not inviting too many new players for a crucial WC game. Team chemistry counts for something. You have 3 starters coming back to the team. Awaziem has not played with any of these 3 before. Aina may start. That may effectively make it 5 'new' players.

You have to think about this objectively and not only with emotions.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

bully12 wrote:
Odas wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:
john12 wrote:This is definitely the best squad we can possibly call. It's sad to see most of our defenders and midfielders playing at backwater leagues. at certain point, players has to be held accountable for their actions
This is definitely not the best squad. Remove one of the keepers (preferably Dan Akpeyi) and replace with Dele Aiyenugbu who is still better and more experienced than those listed. Remove Shehu (though good but SE should under no circumstance be fielding a player playing in Cyprus) and replace with Ambrose Efe who is still doing wonderfully well in Scotland. Remove Ogenyi Onazi (who, as far as I am concerned has not played any meaningful game due to his botched transfer) and replace with Joel Obi, who, in my estimation is better than most of the players in that middle, more experienced and playing in a better league. Why should we have Simon, Musa in this team when we have Kayode who is a born hustler. We do not need sissies playing against Cameroon and this is why I fear having Simon, Musa, Iheanacho (who does not know what it means to fight) and Iwobi (who gets bullied off the ball every time we play physical opponents). We must not allow Cameroon torment and bully us to submission the way the South Africans did.
I mostly agree with you, but Rohr has chosen to go with the familiar. We should be better than we were against Bafana due to the return of key players and as long as we can get a decent shift out of the Keeper, we should all be smiling come September 4. Ola Aina's addition is huge and hopefully that solves the Echiejile problem (even though Aina plays on both wings). Rohr may be afraid of making too many changes too quickly. Awaziem was introduced in the last match and Aina will probably come in against Cameroon.

If we can just get the job done by September 4, I think we will see a lot deserving players who have not got an opportunity recently feature in friendlies and the rest of the qualifying games.
If only we can win the first game in Uyo, then the second game will be more manageable. In another word, I am hoping we can get four (4) points from Cameroon and if that happens, I believe the rest will be history
The way I see it with this stupid call ups if SE grabs one point out of the six they have done noble. I can easily foresee them losing both matches. Mr Rohr is invariably clueless and inept to the highest order . He doesn't inspire any confidence at all. The man is a disaster
You want to bet? I don't know tomorrow, but I think the SE has a better team and will get more than a point over the 2 legs. Even with the GK situation

Are you up for the challenge?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

A Super Eagle 8-) :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

truetalk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Odas wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:
john12 wrote:This is definitely the best squad we can possibly call. It's sad to see most of our defenders and midfielders playing at backwater leagues. at certain point, players has to be held accountable for their actions
This is definitely not the best squad. Remove one of the keepers (preferably Dan Akpeyi) and replace with Dele Aiyenugbu who is still better and more experienced than those listed. Remove Shehu (though good but SE should under no circumstance be fielding a player playing in Cyprus) and replace with Ambrose Efe who is still doing wonderfully well in Scotland. Remove Ogenyi Onazi (who, as far as I am concerned has not played any meaningful game due to his botched transfer) and replace with Joel Obi, who, in my estimation is better than most of the players in that middle, more experienced and playing in a better league. Why should we have Simon, Musa in this team when we have Kayode who is a born hustler. We do not need sissies playing against Cameroon and this is why I fear having Simon, Musa, Iheanacho (who does not know what it means to fight) and Iwobi (who gets bullied off the ball every time we play physical opponents). We must not allow Cameroon torment and bully us to submission the way the South Africans did.
I mostly agree with you, but Rohr has chosen to go with the familiar. We should be better than we were against Bafana due to the return of key players and as long as we can get a decent shift out of the Keeper, we should all be smiling come September 4. Ola Aina's addition is huge and hopefully that solves the Echiejile problem (even though Aina plays on both wings). Rohr may be afraid of making too many changes too quickly. Awaziem was introduced in the last match and Aina will probably come in against Cameroon.

If we can just get the job done by September 4, I think we will see a lot deserving players who have not got an opportunity recently feature in friendlies and the rest of the qualifying games.
If only we can win the first game in Uyo, then the second game will be more manageable. In another word, I am hoping we can get four (4) points from Cameroon and if that happens, I believe the rest will be history
The way I see it with this stupid call ups if SE grabs one point out of the six they have done noble. I can easily foresee them losing both matches. Mr Rohr is invariably clueless and inept to the highest order . He doesn't inspire any confidence at all. The man is a disaster
You want to bet? I don't know tomorrow, but I think the SE has a better team and will get more than a point over the 2 legs. Even with the GK situation

I'm game . What is the bet? The best this Nigerian team can accomplish is draw in Uyo. And I have a very strong doubts if they will even get a draw. Apart from Victor Moses who else can soccer among this bunch. The fool left our hottest strikers in Europe and picked sumo wrestlers because he felt Cameroonians are powerful players. That's feckless and inept coach's approach. He does not realize every coach plays to the best of his strength and weakness of his opponents not in fear of your opponents strength . Obviously Rohr's strategy is mediocre and insipid
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

They better hope VicMo is healthy for this game.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

bully12 wrote:
truetalk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Odas wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:

I'm game . What is the bet? The best this Nigerian team can accomplish is draw in Uyo. And I have a very strong doubts if they will even get a draw. Apart from Victor Moses who else can soccer among this bunch. The fool left our hottest strikers in Europe and picked sumo wrestlers because he felt Cameroonians are powerful players. That's feckless and inept coach's approach. He does not realize every coach plays to the best of his strength and weakness of his opponents not in fear of your opponents strength . Obviously Rohr's strategy is mediocre and insipid
I think a draw is what we should expect. I am beginning to doubt the coach.Any coach that will play Musa and Simon at same time and then scratch his head and wonder why no goals are coming is clueless!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

David Villa called up to Spain's squad! The Naija man destroying the MLS in Portland deserves a look
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

this is what needs to happen

Onyekuru for Musa
Success for Nwaekaeme
Joel Obi for Ogu
Daniel for Akpeyi
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Good to see Nwakaeme there. Last week he scored THE goal of the Champions League so far: