Rohr names Mikel Obi and 22 others for Cam - NFF

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr names Mikel Obi and 22 others for Cam - NFF

Post by Rawlings »

Kenneth Omeruo (Chelsea FC, England) ?

why is Conte not using him to shore up his defense
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Total Junk
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ahidjo wrote:
john12 wrote:Sometimes, people post illogical things online. What makes you think Joel obi that's just returning from injury and hasn't played for us since 2014 deserves a place in an important match? No be only jobi why not add nsofor, Ike uche
I guess you were referring to my post. Throwing words (illogical) around. You think that illogicality means disagreement with your parochial views. That is not what it means. Let me explain the logic behind my choice of Joel Obi: Joel Obi is currently fit and is playing for a top club in a top league in Europe (Torino). I watched him play in one of the friendlies and his decision making, passes, shots, marking, dribbles and techniques are still top-notch and he climaxed those performances with sublime goals including a diving header. He needs to feature for the super Eagles considering his current state and quality irrespective of whether he has been injured for the past 20 years. Did you watch any of the games he played in the past few weeks? What has not playing for us since 2014 got to do with his current state? Players for national teams are used if they are, at the moment of need, fit and able. You are comparing Nsofor and Ike Uche and I want to ask, are these two players still playing for top teams in Europe? Talk of illogicality. Did you see the diving header goal Joel scored last week? Did you?
KPOM, Joel Obi is playing very well and starting for a top team in a top league. At 26, he is very much experienced and would have been useful in the WCQs against Cameroon. I am not so sure about the invitation of Ogu and Nwakaeme for such a crucial match.
I am happy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

He hasn't played in 3 years. Also, his not an exceptional talent that should be an exception. The match against Cameroon is very important this is not a game to try out players or reintegrate older players. If Joel keep his form he can be recalled for a friendly then we would pursue the remaining
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:He hasn't played in 3 years. Also, his not an exceptional talent that should be an exception. The match against Cameroon is very important this is not a game to try out players or reintegrate older players. If Joel keep his form he can be recalled for a friendly then we would pursue the remaining
We don't really have any exceptional talents. The question to ask is whether Joel brings something to the table that is missing from the team or better than those already there.

It's a good squad although I would have dropped Simon Moses - he hasn't been up to much.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I am really worried by this list especially the exclusion of Kayode and Success. These 2 players have the hustle that can unsettle the Cameroonians and I think the match is too important to bring in a 28 year old rookie like Nwakaeme. Kayode in his cameo for his new team Girona showed his usual hustle and forced a top class save from Jan Oblak despite not having the best of pre season training due to his impending transfer. Success came on yesterday for Watford and played very well. He has also had a good pre season with his club despite not being in the squad for the first 2 EPL games just like Musa, who got invited. Also the exclusion of Joel Obi, who is back in form and an experienced player is very much unlike Rohr, who always picks in form players. Ighalo has not done anything in the SE attack and is now invited because he is scoring goals in the lowly Chinese league. This seems like a panic invitation. The fitness of Iheanacho is questionable as he was not included in Leicester's squad yesterday for the EFL cup despite returning to training.
I hope Rohr's hand was not forced by the loss to South Africa to compromise on the commendable standards he set for for SE invitations.
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote:I am really worried by this list especially the exclusion of Kayode and Success. These 2 players have the hustle that can unsettle the Cameroonians and I think the match is too important to bring in a 28 year old rookie like Nwakaeme. Kayode in his cameo for his new team Girona showed his usual hustle and forced a top class save from Jan Oblak despite not having the best of pre season training due to his impending transfer. Success came on yesterday for Watford and played very well. He has also had a good pre season with his club despite not being in the squad for the first 2 EPL games just like Musa, who got invited. Also the exclusion of Joel Obi, who is back in form and an experienced player is very much unlike Rohr, who always picks in form players. Ighalo has not done anything in the SE attack and is now invited because he is scoring goals in the lowly Chinese league. This seems like a panic invitation. The fitness of Iheanacho is questionable as he was not included in Leicester's squad yesterday for the EFL cup despite returning to training.
I hope Rohr's hand was not forced by the loss to South Africa to compromise on the commendable standards he set for for SE invitations.
Musa and Success - I'd contend the squad was drawn up before last night's Carabao Cup games.

I'd have liked to see Obi in the squad though there's rationale to not include him in this one.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Dammy wrote:I am really worried by this list especially the exclusion of Kayode and Success. These 2 players have the hustle that can unsettle the Cameroonians and I think the match is too important to bring in a 28 year old rookie like Nwakaeme. Kayode in his cameo for his new team Girona showed his usual hustle and forced a top class save from Jan Oblak despite not having the best of pre season training due to his impending transfer. Success came on yesterday for Watford and played very well. He has also had a good pre season with his club despite not being in the squad for the first 2 EPL games just like Musa, who got invited. Also the exclusion of Joel Obi, who is back in form and an experienced player is very much unlike Rohr, who always picks in form players. Ighalo has not done anything in the SE attack and is now invited because he is scoring goals in the lowly Chinese league. This seems like a panic invitation. The fitness of Iheanacho is questionable as he was not included in Leicester's squad yesterday for the EFL cup despite returning to training.
Dammy how one earth could Success' inclusion be justified. He hasn't kicked a ball for more than just a few minutes since the start of the season and it's not like he ended the last one with a flurry or set the place alight during preseason. Form is key going into this one, we can only risk chancing one or two big names due to experience.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Synopsis wrote:Simon is total junk.
He is not
yes o
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

papilo wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Simon is total junk.
He is not
Please post something noteworthy he has done in a Super Eagles shirt.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

No one can satisfy Nigerian internet coaches, no matter who is invited. The most important thing is for coach Rohr to execute an effective game plan and win. Nigerians are generally insatiable noise makers that know it all all the time.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cally wrote:No one can satisfy Nigerian internet coaches, no matter who is invited. The most important thing is for coach Rohr to execute an effective game plan and win. Nigerians are generally insatiable noise makers that think they know it all all the time.
slight edit. :clap:

Good list!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cally wrote:No one can satisfy Nigerian internet coaches, no matter who is invited. The most important thing is for coach Rohr to execute an effective game plan and win. Nigerians are generally insatiable noise makers that know it all all the time.
Do you know that Cybereagles is a discussion forum? I doubt it otherwise you would not have displayed such ignorance with your comments.
I am happy
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I like the list.

Yea we could make arguments for those not included but you can also make for those included...which is something we used to lack back in the day.

The goalkeeping situation is a night mare though.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:He hasn't played in 3 years. Also, his not an exceptional talent that should be an exception. The match against Cameroon is very important this is not a game to try out players or reintegrate older players. If Joel keep his form he can be recalled for a friendly then we would pursue the remaining

So why on earth was Nwakaeme from Israel called up ?

Absolute nonsense.

Rohr messed up here.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:

Absolute nonsense.

Rohr messed up here.
Maybe he's more satisfied with his midfield than his striking options?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

vancity eagle wrote:

Absolute nonsense.

Rohr messed up here.
You are absolutely right . I was watching the guy yesterday he could not successfully complete one dribbling and surely lacks football sense. It doesn't make an iota of sense the guy is preferred to Onyekuru, Kayode and Bonaventure. I'm chagrined with Rohr selection. It is looking very likely the feckless buffoon will mess up this qualification .
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ahidjo wrote:
john12 wrote:This is definitely the best squad we can possibly call. It's sad to see most of our defenders and midfielders playing at backwater leagues. at certain point, players has to be held accountable for their actions
This is definitely not the best squad. Remove one of the keepers (preferably Dan Akpeyi) and replace with Dele Aiyenugbu who is still better and more experienced than those listed. Remove Shehu (though good but SE should under no circumstance be fielding a player playing in Cyprus) and replace with Ambrose Efe who is still doing wonderfully well in Scotland. Remove Ogenyi Onazi (who, as far as I am concerned has not played any meaningful game due to his botched transfer) and replace with Joel Obi, who, in my estimation is better than most of the players in that middle, more experienced and playing in a better league. Why should we have Simon, Musa in this team when we have Kayode who is a born hustler. We do not need sissies playing against Cameroon and this is why I fear having Simon, Musa, Iheanacho (who does not know what it means to fight) and Iwobi (who gets bullied off the ball every time we play physical opponents). We must not allow Cameroon torment and bully us to submission the way the South Africans did.
Chief Ahidjo; thank you, Sir! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I have seen many of the players you listed stop running in several instances when the ball was taken from them by their opponents. I found myself shouting to the TV or the wall, telling our dispossessed player to go and get the ball back or to - at least - harass the opponent.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Dammy wrote:
Cally wrote:No one can satisfy Nigerian internet coaches, no matter who is invited. The most important thing is for coach Rohr to execute an effective game plan and win. Nigerians are generally insatiable noise makers that know it all all the time.
Do you know that Cybereagles is a discussion forum? I doubt it otherwise you would not have displayed such ignorance with your comments.
You definitely know more than I do. That explains my displaying my ignorance by stating my opinion of you and your fellow internet coaches on Cybereagles, a discussion forum.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

truetalk wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:
john12 wrote:This is definitely the best squad we can possibly call. It's sad to see most of our defenders and midfielders playing at backwater leagues. at certain point, players has to be held accountable for their actions
This is definitely not the best squad. Remove one of the keepers (preferably Dan Akpeyi) and replace with Dele Aiyenugbu who is still better and more experienced than those listed. Remove Shehu (though good but SE should under no circumstance be fielding a player playing in Cyprus) and replace with Ambrose Efe who is still doing wonderfully well in Scotland. Remove Ogenyi Onazi (who, as far as I am concerned has not played any meaningful game due to his botched transfer) and replace with Joel Obi, who, in my estimation is better than most of the players in that middle, more experienced and playing in a better league. Why should we have Simon, Musa in this team when we have Kayode who is a born hustler. We do not need sissies playing against Cameroon and this is why I fear having Simon, Musa, Iheanacho (who does not know what it means to fight) and Iwobi (who gets bullied off the ball every time we play physical opponents). We must not allow Cameroon torment and bully us to submission the way the South Africans did.
I mostly agree with you, but Rohr has chosen to go with the familiar. We should be better than we were against Bafana due to the return of key players and as long as we can get a decent shift out of the Keeper, we should all be smiling come September 4. Ola Aina's addition is huge and hopefully that solves the Echiejile problem (even though Aina plays on both wings). Rohr may be afraid of making too many changes too quickly. Awaziem was introduced in the last match and Aina will probably come in against Cameroon.

If we can just get the job done by September 4, I think we will see a lot deserving players who have not got an opportunity recently feature in friendlies and the rest of the qualifying games.
If only we can win the first game in Uyo, then the second game will be more manageable. In another word, I am hoping we can get four (4) points from Cameroon and if that happens, I believe the rest will be history
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

We need to stop with this physical nonsense. Chile, Mexico, Brazil, Croatia did not need to out-physical Cameroon to beat them. Being smart and clinical is the key.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Odas wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:
I mostly agree with you, but Rohr has chosen to go with the familiar. We should be better than we were against Bafana due to the return of key players and as long as we can get a decent shift out of the Keeper, we should all be smiling come September 4. Ola Aina's addition is huge and hopefully that solves the Echiejile problem (even though Aina plays on both wings). Rohr may be afraid of making too many changes too quickly. Awaziem was introduced in the last match and Aina will probably come in against Cameroon.

If we can just get the job done by September 4, I think we will see a lot deserving players who have not got an opportunity recently feature in friendlies and the rest of the qualifying games.
If only we can win the first game in Uyo, then the second game will be more manageable. In another word, I am hoping we can get four (4) points from Cameroon and if that happens, I believe the rest will be history
The way I see it with this stupid call ups if SE grabs one point out of the six they have done noble. I can easily foresee them losing both matches. Mr Rohr is invariably clueless and inept to the highest order . He doesn't inspire any confidence at all. The man is a disaster
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Synopsis wrote:We need to stop with this physical nonsense. Chile, Mexico, Brazil, Croatia did not need to out-physical Cameroon to beat them. Being smart and clinical is the key.
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: