SE CAMP NEWS: Waiting on Cameroon....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE CAMP NEWS: Waiting on Cameroon....

Post by Gotti »

Pictures courtesy of Super Eagles Twitter page

Last edited by Gotti on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Gotti wrote:Pictures courtesy of Super Eagles Twitter page

These guys mean business. Cameroon will hear when! I am thinking of upgrading my prediction from 2 -0 to 3- 0.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

L-R: Tyrone Ebuehi, Ogenyi Onazi, Williem Troost-Ekong, John Mikel Obi, Anthony Nwakeme (partially obscured by Mikel), GK Daniel Akepyi, Ola Aina, John Ogu, Simon Daddy Moses (obscured by Alampasu), GK Dele Alampasu, Leon Balogun, Elderson Echiejile, Mikel Agu, Aaron Samuel, Wilfred Ndidi, GK Ikenna Ezenwa, Uche Agbo, Chidozie Awaziem (obscured by Agbo), Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo, Etebo Oghenekaro, and Coach Gernot Rohr.

*The player almost completely obscured by GK Ezenwa is likely Victor Moses
Last edited by Gotti on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

And where is Victor Moses?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote:And where is Victor Moses?
Jersey #11 in the secon picture...
Likely behind GK Ezenwa in the last pic.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ifeanyi Ifeanyi Amobi being initiated.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote: Ifeanyi Ifeanyi Amobi being initiated.

They should stop all these initiation nonsense. That's how they initiated someone during SA game camp and got creamed afterwards.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Great to see Aina settling in already, I'm actually more positive about our game this time, maybe due to more experienced players, I just hope Rohr doesn't make the same mistake of playing Nacho as a striker...our attacking trio should have Moses, Ihenacho(or Nwakaeme), and Ighalo ( yes his hold up play is very vital)
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The same initiations were done when Nigeria beat Algeria 3-1.
I think its a vital part of team building/bonding, as well as making the new joiners feel welcome to the brotherhood.
The South African game was an anomaly
1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Ifeanyi Ifeanyi Amobi being initiated.
They should stop all these initiation nonsense. That's how they initiated someone during SA game camp and got creamed afterwards.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote:Great to see Aina settling in already, I'm actually more positive about our game this time, maybe due to more experienced players, I just hope Rohr doesn't make the same mistake of playing Nacho as a striker...our attacking trio should have Moses, Ihenacho(or Nwakaeme), and Ighalo ( yes his hold up play is very vital)
Nwakaeme is unlikely to start. He would be battling to be in the squad. In a game like this, any debutant is likely to come off the bench. Here is how I think Rohr will play it:

Ezenwa --Shehu, Ekong, Balogun, Echiejile -- Onazi, Ndidi-- Etebo, Mikel (cpt), Moses -- Iheanacho -- Ighalo.

Musa will likely come on if Nigeria takes the lead or is searching desperately for one in the last quarter of an hour.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Why does everyone keep putting this guy into the starting lineup??
The guy is bloody useless and offers nothing in the green and white.
Not only is he slow and lazy off the ball, he is also a selfish player.
He offers nothing and will be a big minus if he plays.
Enugu II wrote: Nwakaeme is unlikely to start. He would be battling to be in the squad. In a game like this, any debutant is likely to come off the bench. Here is how I think Rohr will play it:

Ezenwa --Shehu, Ekong, Balogun, Echiejile -- Onazi, Ndidi-- Etebo, Mikel (cpt), Moses -- Iheanacho -- Ighalo.

Musa will likely come on if Nigeria takes the lead or is searching desperately for one in the last quarter of an hour.
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Enugu II wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Great to see Aina settling in already, I'm actually more positive about our game this time, maybe due to more experienced players, I just hope Rohr doesn't make the same mistake of playing Nacho as a striker...our attacking trio should have Moses, Ihenacho(or Nwakaeme), and Ighalo ( yes his hold up play is very vital)
Nwakaeme is unlikely to start. He would be battling to be in the squad. In a game like this, any debutant is likely to come off the bench. Here is how I think Rohr will play it:

This was my exact same line up, I believe it is the most balance one we have as well.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Nice line up but we can't play with 12 players.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

nzeogwu wrote:Nice line up but we can't play with 12 players.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Gotti wrote:Image

L-R: Tyrone Ebuehi, Ogenyi Onazi, Williem Troost-Ekong, John Mikel Obi, Anthony Nwakeme (partially obscured by Mikel), GK Daniel Akepyi, Ola Aina, John Ogu, Simon Daddy Moses (obscured by Alampasu), GK Dele Alampasu, Leon Balogun, Elderson Echiejile, Mikel Agu, Aaron Samuel, Wilfred Ndidi, GK ikenna Ezenwa, Uche Agbo, Chidozie Awaziem (obscured by Agbo), Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo, Etebo Oghenekaro, and Coach Gernot Rohr.

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Where is Ideye?
Iheanacho + Ighalo = zero goals
People never seem to learn
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Otitokoro wrote:Why does everyone keep putting this guy into the starting lineup??
The guy is bloody useless and offers nothing in the green and white.
Not only is he slow and lazy off the ball, he is also a selfish player.
He offers nothing and will be a big minus if he plays.
Enugu II wrote: Ezenwa --Shehu, Ekong, Balogun, Echiejile -- Onazi, Ndidi-- Etebo, Mikel (cpt), Moses -- Iheanacho -- Ighalo.

its just bizarre.
I dont understand the way people reason
Ighalo is what the call a small striker. He needs a bigger stronger strike partner playing alongside him in order to be effective.Playing him alongside Nacho (another "small striker") is a really dumb move
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

ighalo's hold up play is nonexistent
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote: Ifeanyi Ifeanyi Amobi being initiated.

I agree with you. Instead of dancing on their opponents head they are dancing on tables, nonsense.
They give you false sense of security as I everything is ok then they serve up a stinker. They should bs psyching themselves up, not disco-ing
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

I guess when one is selecting players on FIFA 17, form, experience and team balance don't really count for anything... :dream:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Gotti wrote:Image

L-R: Tyrone Ebuehi, Ogenyi Onazi, Williem Troost-Ekong, John Mikel Obi, Anthony Nwakeme (partially obscured by Mikel), GK Daniel Akepyi, Ola Aina, John Ogu, Simon Daddy Moses (obscured by Alampasu), GK Dele Alampasu, Leon Balogun, Elderson Echiejile, Mikel Agu, Aaron Samuel, Wilfred Ndidi, GK ikenna Ezenwa, Uche Agbo, Chidozie Awaziem (obscured by Agbo), Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo, Etebo Oghenekaro, and Coach Gernot Rohr.

You don try plenty :clap:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The reintroduction of Ighalo and the calling up of Nwakaeme is clear that the experimentation of Nacho as a no. 9 is over.. I doubt any of the new guys will start..I reckon Rohr will go for pace and experience to unsettle the lions early not allowing them to grow in confidence and getting to draw early fouls.

Think we might file out like this....

*********************** Ighalo*******************

**************************Nacho ****************

VM******Onazi ******* ***Mikel **********Musa

Echejile *******Balogun *****Troost ******Shehu

****************Akpeyi ****************

Likely subs

Nwakaeme for Ighalo
Ndidi for Mikel
Etebo for Nacho