Liverpool 4 vs 0 Arsenal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool 4 vs 0 Arsenal

Post by Man Ataye »

EEEYAAAH. MY ARSENAL!!! WETIB HAPPEN??? ARTILLERY DON FINISH???
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Was that a chewing stick Uhuru Wengata had on the bench?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

oloye wrote:
balo wrote:Is it true the Ox asked to be subbed? That's not good.
You did not see what Liverpool did to them...it waa obscene. That boy Wynaldum abused them mercilessly,i thought the dribble called 68 was dead ,but damn he executed it mercilessly and savagely on Ramsey the fella fell down yakata. Liverpool were just toying with the mugunners...Sanchez was crying at the end! Wo dont blame Ox he is not being paid to chase shadows and spirits!
That Wynaldum should be taken to The Hague today. Abuse of human rights has never been this bad and the ref did nothing about it.

Bros, that dribble that you called 68; I thought it's called 69.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anointed wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:Is it true the Ox asked to be subbed? That's not good.
You did not see what Liverpool did to them...it waa obscene. That boy Wynaldum abused them mercilessly,i thought the dribble called 68 was dead ,but damn he executed it mercilessly and savagely on Ramsey the fella fell down yakata. Liverpool were just toying with the mugunners...Sanchez was crying at the end! Wo dont blame Ox he is not being paid to chase shadows and spirits!
That Wynaldum should be taken to The Hague today. Abuse of human rights has never been this bad and the ref did nothing about it.

Bros, that dribble that you called 68; I thought it's called 69.
You are right ojare could not get it right in my head :thumbs:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:Anyway, how many of una are going where the sun dont shine? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All of us who criticized the emperor (with a small "e") have been banished to the place where the sun doesn't shine :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I honestly don't think this is just a case of playing out of position. Arsenal have too many mediocre players period. Bellerin, Monreal, Holding, Coquellin, Xaka, Welbeck are serviceable at best. Even Ozil is not great. You just cannot compare them to the likes of Mane, Sane, Firminho, Matip. Over the years there has been a steady drop off in quality and that plus the managerial rigidity is a recipe for disaster.
Last edited by airwolex on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote:“It was unwatchable, at one point I wanted to leave. I don’t relate to the team and I don’t think a lot of the fans do. That is a problem,” said the club’s record goalscorer (Henry).

“It’s painful. It's how they lose. It’s always the same. You have seen it before. Everything you see reminds me of what has happened for the last 10 years.

Sauce - Any outlet.
Henry did not say so...he could not have said such a thing. It is the "Wenger Out" crowd, who have never been to the Emirates that make up such stories. But if my any chance he did say something like that, and I am not saying he did, then he should go where the sun doesn't shine. What goals has he scored for Arsenal that Giroud, who is bigger and taller, hasn't scored? Even Lacazatte is potentially better than Henry, who was carried by Kanu, Anelka, Pires, Viera, Bergkamp, Wiltord, Ljunberg, etc. This is how he got himself kicked off the coaching staff at the Great Arsenal.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

airwolex wrote:I honestly don't think this is just a case of playing out of position. Arsenal have too many mediocre players period. Bellerin, Monreal, Holding, Coquellin, Xaka, Welbeck are serviceable at best. Even Ozil is not great.
bingo! But is a combo of all of these factors.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Coach wrote:“It was unwatchable, at one point I wanted to leave. I don’t relate to the team and I don’t think a lot of the fans do. That is a problem,” said the club’s record goalscorer (Henry).

“It’s painful. It's how they lose. It’s always the same. You have seen it before. Everything you see reminds me of what has happened for the last 10 years.

Sauce - Any outlet.
Henry did not say so...he could not have said such a thing. It is the "Wenger Out" crowd, who have never been to the Emirates that make up such stories. But if my any chance he did say something like that, and I am not saying he did, then he should go where the sun doesn't shine. What goals has he scored for Arsenal that Giroud, who is bigger and taller, hasn't scored? Even Lacazatte is potentially better than Henry, who was carried by Kanu, Anelka, Pires, Viera, Bergkamp, Wiltord, Ljunberg, etc. This is how he got himself kicked off the coaching staff at the Great Arsenal.
Chief e don do,
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Sauce - Any outlet.
Is this Waffiman speaking.....ooops an impression of my warri bros!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Sauce - Any outlet.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Arsenal fans are rightly worried. But I think Wenger can still turn this around for the better. And that's not saying anything about winning the league.

But he can get the team playing purposefully again.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Anyway, how many of una are going where the sun dont shine? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All of us who criticized the emperor (with a small "e") have been banished to the place where the sun doesn't shine :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
O pari o! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Liverpool have signed Naby Keita. He will join them NEXT June. It's funny how things go right when you know what you're doing and have a structure and capable hands in place.

Liverpool and Arsenal have switched places.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:So did Wenger blame this time referree? mane or Salah :???: :???: :???:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote:I honestly don't think this is just a case of playing out of position. Arsenal have too many mediocre players period. Bellerin, Monreal, Holding, Coquellin, Xaka, Welbeck are serviceable at best. Even Ozil is not great. You just cannot compare them to the likes of Mane, Sane, Firminho, Matip. Over the years there has been a steady drop off in quality and that plus the managerial rigidity is a recipe for disaster.
I have been saying this for a while and they think I am insulting them. Arsenal has not shopped well in years. And because of that, they are unable to compete. there are many games where tactics does not work, and in those games, you need individual brilliance. How can you have that when your players are at the same level of Stoke, Everton etc??
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Kai, I missed this game!

Wetin happen to Gabriel?
He and Koscielny are Arsenal's best defenders.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

realtrouble wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Sauce - Any outlet.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
airwolex wrote:I honestly don't think this is just a case of playing out of position. Arsenal have too many mediocre players period. Bellerin, Monreal, Holding, Coquellin, Xaka, Welbeck are serviceable at best. Even Ozil is not great. You just cannot compare them to the likes of Mane, Sane, Firminho, Matip. Over the years there has been a steady drop off in quality and that plus the managerial rigidity is a recipe for disaster.
I have been saying this for a while and they think I am insulting them. Arsenal has not shopped well in years. And because of that, they are unable to compete. there are many games where tactics does not work, and in those games, you need individual brilliance. How can you have that when your players are at the same level of Stoke, Everton etc??

when I said this, I was told Coq was the best tackler in Europe, Gibbs was the best LB in all of England, Ozil runs 100s of kilometers/match, etc. I was bamboozled with stats. When I cautioned that teams like Chelsea who buy expensive players also sell them at profits, I was told I did not understand how things work. When I cautioned about the limitations and injuries of Walcott, Diaby, Rosicky, Gibbs, etc, and the folly of counting on them, someone here, who I believe has finally seen the light accused me of not wishing injured players well.

To be fair to Wenger, though he set himself up to fail by trying to stubbornly prove that you can win with junk players, the team has sometimes punched above their weight, giving some people the illusion that Arsenal was competitive.

If stories are to be believed (Waffi can correct me if I am wrong) nickel-ing and dime-ing led to Arsenal not signing powerful young talents like Mata and Hazard. Suarez, we all know what happened.

Truth is, not every team is as rich as Man U, Man City and Chelsea. However, Arsenal should be doing much better than they are currently doing in terms of recruiting talent. Liverpool and Spurs, in my opinion, have done much better. Yes, someone will come and ask me what they have won? Ok now, make we wait until Spurs beating Arsenal becomes normal service before I get mouth talk. I remember Liverpool did win CL....
AFCON 2019 sweet o

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Reports are that Liverpool don get Naby Keita, who will join them July 1.

If true, Liverpool can only get even better.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

balo wrote:Reports are that Liverpool don get Naby Keita, who will join them July 1.

If true, Liverpool can only get even better.
Yep, it's a done deal. He joins next summer.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Has Waffiman showed up in this thread at all - in fact has he showed up in any thread since the game? Just asking
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:Has Waffiman showed up in this thread at all - in fact has he showed up in any thread since the game? Just asking

He has. And he has somewhat criticized Wenger, for letting the board "blindside" him and tying his hands after he signed his contract extension :oops: :oops: :oops:
AFCON 2019 sweet o