Bad Calculation from Hugo Bros

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chuks69
Egg
Egg
Bad Calculation from Hugo Bros

Post by chuks69 »

From owngoal site

We Need Four Points From Clash Against Nigeria – Cameroon Coach

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/08/29/we ... oon-coach/

‎Coach of the national team of Cameroon Hugo Broos says he is targeting four points from their upcoming back to back World Cup 2018 Qualifiers clash against Nigeria.

Cameroon who are second in group B will take on Nigeria in Uyo and later in Yaounde in back to back games scheduled for the 1st and 4th of September respectively.

Broos whose team are four points behind Nigeria who are on six points told the local media in Cameroon that four points is their target from the games, to help them draw level on points with Nigeria.

The Portuguese coach said they plan picking a point in Nigeria, and hope to get all three points in Yaounde which according to him is a possibility considering the pool of talent in his team.

Ade Emmanuel

Assuming Cameroun gets 4 points, Nigeria would also infact gain 1 point and would be ahead in the log, by 1 point, 7points in total and Cameroun would be at 6points.. And we would still have the qualification in our own hands. In that case, we just need to beat Zambia in Uyo (very do able) and now beat Algeria away (tough to do, may be if Algeria are out of the race, then very possible).
I would perhaps settle for equal split of points with Cameroun, 2 draws or 1 victory each, and in both situations the Eagles would keep their 4 points advantage of Cameroun..
If I were Rohr, i would set the Eagles up not to conceed.. and get my theoretical calculations spot on, and not make the Samson Siasia mistake, who thought a 2-1 victory of Guinea wasn't sufficient to qualify for CAN 2012..
Hugo Bros do a better calculation..
afc##
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: Bad Calculation from Hugo Bros

Post by Mr Shows »

Cameroon are coming with a game plan to park the bus and hold out for a draw and hopefully win at home... They are organised and will be tough to break down. Victor Moses will probably be tasked to make direct runs at them. The pace of Musa will also be useful. This will draw a few fouls in and around the 18 yard box. Having a few of them conceding early yellow cards, will have them walking a tight rope.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Mr Shows wrote:Cameroon are coming with a game plan to park the bus and hold out for a draw and hopefully win at home... They are organised and will be tough to break down. Victor Moses will probably be tasked to make direct runs at them. The pace of Musa will also be useful. This will draw a few fouls in and around the 18 yard box. Having a few of them conceding early yellow cards, will have them walking a tight rope.
Good one, Mr Shows. I propose a Musa/Ighalo/Moses frontline with Etebo as the attacking midfielder. Iheanacho and Nwakaeme can come in as subs for Moses and Ighalo. Musa's pace and Moses' trickery and direct runs will cause enough problems for Cameroun. With Etebo coming from behind as another goalscoring threat, watch out!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Ighalo? Puhlease!!! That guy has been bloody useless as a SE player.
I will start Nwakaeme instead, with Musa and Moses on the flanks. Nwakaeme's confidence is high right now and will likely give the 2 Cameroonian centerbacks a lot to handle with his pace and bulk.
Obong wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Cameroon are coming with a game plan to park the bus and hold out for a draw and hopefully win at home... They are organised and will be tough to break down. Victor Moses will probably be tasked to make direct runs at them. The pace of Musa will also be useful. This will draw a few fouls in and around the 18 yard box. Having a few of them conceding early yellow cards, will have them walking a tight rope.
Good one, Mr Shows. I propose a Musa/ Ighalo/Moses frontline with Etebo as the attacking midfielder. Iheanacho and Nwakaeme can come in as subs for Moses and Ighalo. Musa's pace and Moses' trickery and direct runs will cause enough problems for Cameroun. With Etebo coming from behind as another goalscoring threat, watch out!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

My main concern is the defense with Omeruo who usually exercise leadership there missing. I hope Awaziem stays on the bench so we can have a chance. Ideye should have been invited as well.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

We have to get 6 pts from Cameroon
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We definitely need most of our physical players starting. The likes of john ogu, etebo, nwakaeme, should all start this match. Players like musa Ighalo at best should be substitutes
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Obong wrote:
Good one, Mr Shows. I propose a Musa/Ighalo/Moses frontline with Etebo as the attacking midfielder. Iheanacho and Nwakaeme can come in as subs for Moses and Ighalo. Musa's pace and Moses' trickery and direct runs will cause enough problems for Cameroun. With Etebo coming from behind as another goalscoring threat, watch out!
Please stop living in a fantasyland . When was the last time Musa and Ighalo put up sterling performances for Super Eagles or the last time any of them scored for Super eagles?
Last edited by bully12 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:scared: :scared: :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

If they are going to park the bus,then we are better of benching Musa
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The right game plan against Nigeria should be

Game 1- Make sure you have a solid defense to soak up the pressure early to frustrate the hosts, then pick your spots to play counter attack football.

Game 2- Do the same as Game 1

The goal should be 6 points. I doubt Hugo broos will tell us his game plan 4 days before the game.

Our problem is we are still not a good attacking side. Once our plan A don't work, plan B usually don't work. The players will then try to do na me score am. Hopefully the coach has fixed the problems.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

gochino wrote:If they are going to park the bus,then we are better of benching Musa
Yeah, easily said. Until the "piom" (Whistle) is blown, no one know what game-plan the Cameroonians are going to apply, so ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I hope Rohr has solved the problem. There is a huge disconnect between the midfield and attack. We are not efficient enough in the final third. Musa should be on the bench. He is not playing at his club and he is not effective out wide for Nigeria. Will Mikel play further forward or will it be Ndidi, Etebo and Mikel in midfield? Will they create for the forwards.

Too soon for Aina?

He has defensive lapsis with his club. But good going forward.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

That's the right mentality to have. That's how champions think. Nigerian fans on the other hand are afraid to say they will win at home yet they expect to go to the World cup. Such Prayer warrior mentality will not get us far.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Cameroun will be coming to pick 3 points in uyo.....
Edu
Egg
Egg

Post by Edu »

nemi2002 wrote:Cameroun will be coming to pick 3 points in uyo.....

They almost did. It ended 1:1 draw in Uyo. Mikel scored equaliser.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Edu wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:Cameroun will be coming to pick 3 points in uyo.....

They almost did. It ended 1:1 draw in Uyo. Mikel scored equaliser.
Another one from Dr. Yinka and Lukumana's crew!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:That's the right mentality to have. That's how champions think. Nigerian fans on the other hand are afraid to say they will win at home yet they expect to go to the World cup. Such Prayer warrior mentality will not get us far.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Anything less than 6 points for Nigeria will be a disappointment. Let's book our plane tickets to Russia Monday night.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Anything less than 6 pts will be a failure in my eyes. We have a chance to wrap this thing up next week. We need to support the team and the crew. Now is not the time for pettiness just because player A and B was not called up. Support the team and wish them the best of luck. UP NAIJA!!!!!
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I talked to Cameroon's main juju man last night. We had a very long conversation and he told me that according to what he sees, Cameroon will get 4 points from Nigeria. He says, it is at about 99% certainty. This Juju man is no joke. He has cooked so many games for Cameroon in the past and has a darn good record.
Hugo Bross must know something ...I don't know if we will win in Nigeria or in Cameroon. But, we are taking 4 points from Nigeria.
Bepanda
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

bepanda wrote:I talked to Cameroon's main juju man last night. We had a very long conversation and he told me that according to what he sees, Cameroon will get 4 points from Nigeria. He says, it is at about 99% certainty. This Juju man is no joke. He has cooked so many games for Cameroon in the past and has a darn good record.
Hugo Bross must know something ...I don't know if we will win in Nigeria or in Cameroon. But, we are taking 4 points from Nigeria.
Bepanda
Where was he during the Confed cup? Chile juju stronger?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bepanda wrote:I talked to Cameroon's main juju man last night. We had a very long conversation and he told me that according to what he sees, Cameroon will get 4 points from Nigeria. He says, it is at about 99% certainty. This Juju man is no joke. He has cooked so many games for Cameroon in the past and has a darn good record.
Bepanda

You want me to arrange an event For both of u by game time to prove he's wrong?I can start with sudden disappearance syndrome :curse:
OCCUPY NFF!!