IKECHUKWU EZENWA TO START AGAINST CAMEROUN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

heavyd
Egg
Egg
Re: IKECHUKWU EZENWA TO START AGAINST CAMEROUN

Post by heavyd »

truetalk wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:Same size as Enyeama. Great reflexes and as far as I am concerned, on current form, he is Nigeria's best. Akpeyi is not better than him at all.

Does not spill the ball
Better reader
Better distributor
Better defense organizer
Better penalty saver
Battle tested

Only crime is that he is home based.
Ezenwa is OK, but he is certainly not the best in the NPFL or the best Nigerian keeper outside of the top 2.

The advantage he has is that he has been part of the SE setup and has put in steady shifts when given the opportunity.
So who in your opinion is the best Keeper in the EPL?
YNWA
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

heavyd wrote:
truetalk wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:Same size as Enyeama. Great reflexes and as far as I am concerned, on current form, he is Nigeria's best. Akpeyi is not better than him at all.

Does not spill the ball
Better reader
Better distributor
Better defense organizer
Better penalty saver
Battle tested

Ezenwa is OK, but he is certainly not the best in the NPFL or the best Nigerian keeper outside of the top 2.

The advantage he has is that he has been part of the SE setup and has put in steady shifts when given the opportunity.
Not a fan of the league in general but I think Courtois and De Gea are right up there.
Last edited by truetalk on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Does not spill the ball
Better reader
Better distributor
Better defense organizer
Better penalty saver
Battle tested

I don't know about all Ezenwa having all these qualities but having watched him live countless times, I can tell you that he's a genius at point blank shots probably why he's good at penalties. As for crosses, he's pants at best. I haven't watched him live since he left Sunshine Stars 2 seasons ago.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

truetalk wrote:
heavyd wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Does not spill the ball
Better reader
Better distributor
Better defense organizer
Better penalty saver
Battle tested

Not a fan of the league in general but I think Courtois and De Dea are right up there.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You no well! :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

heavyd wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Does not spill the ball
Better reader
Better distributor
Better defense organizer
Better penalty saver
Battle tested

Just kidding in the post above, but you have to answer the questions asked!

Thanks to Supersports 9, we get to see the league again after the break in transmission

http://cheapgoals.com/top-10-goalkeepers-in-the-npfl/

Unfortunately, clean sheets in the NPFL are influenced by dodgy refereeing when cameras are absent, so it is tough to go by that, so I go by what I have seen.

The keepers on the lists on the links (including Ezenwa) have been the top dogs according to the links above. The Nasarawa Utd keeper is getting a lot of good reviews, but I'd like to see him a bit more. However his games have not really been on ss9.

I've seen some of the keepers on the list and I just can't see them as impressive performers in a CAN or World Cup. MFM which plays an exciting style, has had a musical chair rotation of keepers for instance. The top guys also tend to move around a lot in moves that don't seem to make sense. Thomas moved from Enyimba to Kano Pillars, but was gone in a few months (I think the coach left), now he is just in the rotation at Rivers United. Ezenwa's move from Sunshine to FCIU makes sense, but he is not the main starter this season over there as well.

I think Femi Thomas has the tools of a top goalkeeper (height, composure, big club and continental experience, good with crosses etc), but he is hardly getting a look in with the Eagles. The coaches will almost always look at the top club (hence the invitation of Ajiboye), so his leaving Enyimba & the lack of Enyimba on the continent is probably helping to keep him out.

For SE purposes, we also have young up and coming keepers in Europe in Uzoho and Nwolokor, who have progressed a bit more than Alampasu and Ikuepamitan.
If we can wrap up qualification this weekend, we would be in a good position to blood some of these younglings. The CHAN will also be an opportunity to showcase the home guys.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Cellular wrote:
truetalk wrote:
heavyd wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Does not spill the ball
Better reader
Better distributor
Better defense organizer
Better penalty saver
Battle tested

Not a fan of the league in general but I think Courtois and De Dea are right up there.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You no well! :P
Chairman, you have to answer the question that was asked. I don't know if it was a trick question.

Meanwhile, you people should fine Bully. He yabbed the Eagles, & I challenged him to a bet. Since then I have been chasing him all over the forum to stand up to his word (or is it fear).
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

truetalk wrote:
heavyd wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Does not spill the ball
Better reader
Better distributor
Better defense organizer
Better penalty saver
Battle tested

Not a fan of the league in general but I think Courtois and De Gea are right up there.
:lol: :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Again, let us not forget that there are about 5 goalkeepers that I reckon are as competent as Ezenwa.

Godwilling if we qualify on Monday, they should be tested in the other games.

Obong, I hope Vince can get a club and be in action this season, but let us not forget that he and Ejide were also given opportunities as local players over the likes of Murphy Akanji & Ndubisi Egbo (who were foreign based and at the 2002 CAN).

I think the young men in Europe, and a few at home should be used in the last 2 games, if we are clear by Monday. As a matter of fact the whole squad should be full of current SE bench players and the prospects.

No more Akpeyi, please.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

truetalk wrote:Again, let us not forget that there are about 5 goalkeepers that I reckon are as competent as Ezenwa.

Godwilling if we qualify on Monday, they should be tested in the other games.

Obong, I hope Vince can get a club and be in action this season, but let us not forget that he and Ejide were also given opportunities as local players over the likes of Murphy Akanji & Ndubisi Egbo (who were foreign based and at the 2002 CAN).

I think the young men in Europe, and a few at home should be used in the last 2 games, if we are clear by Monday. As a matter of fact the whole squad should be full of current SE bench players and the prospects.

No more Akpeyi, please.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!