Anthony Ujah re-joins 1.FSV Mainz 05

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
Anthony Ujah re-joins 1.FSV Mainz 05

Post by Next »

Sorry, if this has already been posted.

It has been reported that he re-joins Mainz from China's Liaoning...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42438785

German side Mainz have re-signed Nigeria international striker Anthony Ujah from Chinese club Liaoning FC.

He joins the Bundesliga side for an undisclosed fee and signs a three-and-a-half-year deal until summer 2021.

The 27-year-old scored twice in 17 appearances for the club in the 2011-12 season before he switched to Cologne.

"I'm extremely happy to return to Mainz, I'm looking forward to playing in the Bundesliga again.," he told the club's website.

"I have only good memories of my time here [at Mainz], My ambition is to help the team from the second half of the season to reach the goals of the club."

Mainz sporting director Rouven Schröder is delighted with the reunion and believes the Super Eagle will improve the squad.

"Anthony [Ujah] is an athletic, determined and strong attacker who has proved his qualities at the Bundesliga level," said Schröder.

"He adds real value to our squad, a great character and due to his short past here. We made sure that he commits to a long-term future at Mainz."

Ujah is an experienced Bundesliga campaigner during his three years at Cologne he scored 36 goals in 102 matches.

The forward, who has six Nigeria caps, courted controversy at Cologne when he pulled the horns of the club's goat mascot after scoring a goal.

In the 2015/16 season he played for Werder Bremen in the German top-flight scoring 14 goals in 37 games, 14 goals, before switching to China in July 2016.

Ujah began his career at Nigerian side Warri Wolves before joining Lillestrom on a four-year deal in February 2010.

Highly revered in Norway after scoring 32 goals in 42 appearances for Lillestrom, Mainz had to beat off competitions from Danish giants FC Copenhagen, Brondby as well as clubs in France, Holland, Russia and Ukraine, to snap him up in June 2011.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Anthony Ujah re-joins 1.FSV Mainz 05

Post by Damunk »

Why the hell did he leave Germany for China in the first place?
These short-sighted boys sef.
Make your mark in a competitive league then make your money in a retirement league after.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Damunk wrote:Why the hell did he leave for China?
Make your mark in a competitive league then make your money in a retirement league after.
Easy to say when you're not being offered millions.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

niyi wrote:
I guess so.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

The guy wants to gatecrash Naija World Cup squad.. He knows Rhor pays close attention to the German League..He was terrible under Keshi.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

niyi wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Damunk wrote:Why the hell did he leave Germany for China in the first place?
Because of that stupid Goat nonscandal
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Left Köln where he was worshipped for top flight footie and then sucked. I'm glad Mainz has given him a way back to the Bundesliga. Alles gutes aber don't fack it up this time
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

100%Naija wrote:Left Köln where he was worshipped for top flight footie and then sucked. I'm glad Mainz has given him a way back to the Bundesliga. Alles gutes aber don't fack it up this time

@100%Naija: You know it's all about money for most of these players...
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
niyi wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?