The unexpected 4-0 win!!!! + Rating Each Player

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
The unexpected 4-0 win!!!! + Rating Each Player

Post by Enugu II »

Where one expected Nigeria to take control and Cameroon to rely on counters, it was the opposite that occurred. In the end, Cameroon would likely regret the effrontery of attacking Nigeria on Nigeria's home ground. The decision to take it to the Nigerians opened up spaces at the back that Nigeria repeatedly exploited. It is noteworthy that none of Nigeria's goals came from any sustained pressure on Cameroon.
The decision to cut out the wide play of Cameroon in attack was very important as it put the lock on players like Bassagog. Furthermore, having faith on Ighalo to lead the attack was a brilliant move that, perhaps, won the game as Ighalo earned two fouls and two cautions to soften the physical Cameroon defense. Additionally, Rohr had the players that could quickly play the counter even though one wonders if he expected the game to go that way.
For details, click below:
http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2017/09/4 ... -gift.html
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: The unexpected 4-0 win!!!! + Rating Each Player

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu, Nigeria had to play cautious. Cameroon and every other team in our group are all playing catch up
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Disagree. I know where you're coming from but you're falling into a trap. You don't score 4 unanswered goals without controlling a game. That's not just the way soccer works.

If it was 1-0, I fit hear you. But we controlled that game from minute 15 to minute 90. It may not have looked like an imposing performance, but that's the deception coming from what you're used to.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Enugu, Soma expected this exacted game so it was not unexpected.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

What sort of rubbish ratings and hater is this one. We just dominated and beat the current African champions 4-0 and the highest rated player is 7.0. My guy your ratings are total nonsense
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

Moses 9
Created most of our chances. 1 assist and 1 goal

Mikel 9
Played AM. 1 Assist 1 Goal

Odion 8
1 Superb Goal. Was a thorn in their flesh. Invoked 2 yellow cards from the Cameroonian CBs allowing our forwards more freedom.

Onazi 7
Competent performance. With Mikel subbed moved forward and provided an assist.

Simon 7
Traditional winger performance. Tormented the opposing LB. Provided an assist.

Ndidi 6
Competent performance

Troost-Ekong 6
Competent Performance

Balogun 9
Superb performance from the CB

Echiejile 6
No mistakes. Good performance

Abdullahi 6
Competent performance

Ezenwa 8
Better than Akpeyi

Subs

Musa 5
Ok

Agu 5
Ok

Ihenacho 7
Great goal
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Unexpected?Most non African teams destroy Cameroon now its Nigeria's turn to show that Cameroon can't cope when they are questioned!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Unexpected?Most non African teams destroy Cameroon now its Nigeria's turn to do the same!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Leon Balogun is a beast.

Vincent Aboubacar didn't get a sniff.

The best SEagles performance since the 4-1 demolition of Mali at SF AFCON 2013.

Moses may get all the plaudits but Mikel is still our best player today.
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Unexpected? Not me....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Victor Moses 10 1st Beast of the match
Mikel 10 2nd Beast of the match
Odion 10
Onazi 10 4th Beast of the match
Simon 5
Ndidi 8
Troost-Ekong 8
Balogun 10 3rd Beast of the match
Echiejile 8
Abdullahi 8
Ezenwa 8

Subs
Musa 4
Agu 4
Ihenacho 10
Last edited by 9jaMan on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Balogun is 11...yes na so i rate am for this match...10 is not enough.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

oloye wrote:Balogun is 11...yes na so i rate am for this match...10 is not enough.
To keep it real Balogun is 12, that guy is the best defender in Africa
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

MOM is difficult to give out.

V Moses, Balogun, Mikel, S Moses all had great games.

I think Mikel wins it here. He was instrumental in most of the attacking moves, also was solid defensively. His best game for Nigeria in a long time well since the Bronze medal game at the Olympics.

Mikel has been playing well ever since he left Chelsea.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Enugu II wrote:
The decision to cut out the wide play of Cameroon in attack was very important as it put the lock on players like Bassagog. Furthermore, having faith on Ighalo to lead the attack was a brilliant move that, perhaps, won the game as Ighalo earned two fouls and two cautions to soften the physical Cameroon defense. Additionally, Rohr had the players that could quickly play the counter even though one wonders if he expected the game to go that way.
Written as exquisitely as the goals.
:clap:
Advocating rational thought since 1987
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

9jaMan wrote:
oloye wrote:Balogun is 11...yes na so i rate am for this match...10 is not enough.
The Cameroonians should have been awarded a corner, not because the ball went out but Balogun slide tackled a plantainian. He deflated his status from vertical to horizonsntal, then he carried the bobo comot for field altogether. Sliding your man out of touch should be a corner kick - compensation :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Really surprised that many now claim they expected the margin of victory over Cameroon. Really? Puhleazzeee! You must be a clairvoyant. Do you expect us to beat them silly in Limbe as well?

Seriously, I expected a win but never in my dreams did I think 4-0!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

A draw and all of our players coming out healthy in the next game is good enough for me.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:Really surprised that many now claim they expected the margin of victory over Cameroon. Really? Puhleazzeee! You must be a clairvoyant. Do you expect us to beat them silly in Limbe as well?

Seriously, I expected a win but never in my dreams did I think 4-0!!
Came to type this. :lol: Perhaps they expected a victory, but anyone who expected to beat Cameroun 4-0 is full of ....
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:A draw and all of our players coming out healthy in the next game is good enough for me.
Being a goon has dulled your expectation. This is the opportunity to kill off the group. We are the cat and Cameroon will soon find out how pigeons feel with a cat in their midst.
A win for naija all the way.
Last edited by pajimoh on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

pajimoh wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:A draw and all of our players coming out healthy in the next game is good enough for me.
Being a goon has dulled your expectation. This is the opportunity to kill off the group. We are the cat and Cameroon will soon find out how pigeons will with a cat in their midst.
A win for naija all the way.
totally agree with you
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

pajimoh wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
The Cameroonians should have been awarded a corner, not because the ball went out but Balogun slide tackled a plantainian. He deflated his status from vertical to horizonsntal, then he carried the bobo comot for field altogether. Sliding your man out of touch should be a corner kick - compensation :tic:
I agree with you :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

See how Cameroon rated their players:

Les Lions se sont cassés les griffes et les crocs ce vendredi soir à Uyo à Nigéria (4-0). Si l’entraîneur Hugo Broos a pêché le premier par ses choix surprenants, les onze titulaires alignés pour ce match sont tous passés à côté du sujet. Une vraie catastrophe pour une équipe du Cameroun qui peut commencer à craindre pour sa participation au Mondial 2018.

Le 1er septembre 2017

26 commentaires
Fabrice Ondoa : 3/10

Un match rageant pour le gardien camerounais. Parfois abandonné par sa défense, il n’a réussi à limiter les dégâts qu’une fois en repoussant une frappe de Simon Moses.

Serge Leuko : 3/10

Lancé dans le grand bain par Hugo Broos, le latéral gauche n’a pas eu une soirée tranquille. Il a éprouvé de grosses difficultés pour endiguer les avalanches adverses.

Michael Ngadeu : 3/10

Une soirée également difficile pour le défenseur central. A l’image de ses coéquipiers du compartiment défensif, il a souvent été trop laxiste dans son marquage sur les attaquants nigérians, comme sur l’ouverture du score.

Adolph Teikeu : 3/10

Dans l’axe, il a vraiment essayé de remporter des duels, même si en face, Simon et Victor Moses étaient nettement plus forts. Offensivement, il a tenté d’apporter, mais ses efforts étaient limités.

Faï Collins : 3/10

Pas dans le match, le défenseur a affiché une lenteur assez incroyable. On ne l’a pas assez senti dans son couloir où Victor Moses s’est baladé tranquillement.

Frank Zambo : 3/10

Dans le coup, lors des dernières sorties des Lions, le joueur de l’Olympique de Marseille a été méconnaissable. Il a affiché une lenteur assez incroyable et est totalement passé à côté des débats.

Sébastien Siani : 2.5/10

Il a essentiellement couru dans le vide et n’a eu aucun impact sur le jeu. Comme une vraie ombre, il a été dépassé face à la maîtrise globale des Nigérians.

Moumi Ngamaleu : 2/10

Une partie très décevante pour lui. Il a très peu touché des balles et ne s’est jamais montré utile. L’entraîneur n’aurait pas dû le titulariser. Il est remplacé par Choupo-Moting (46e, non noté), lui-aussi remplacé par Arnaud Djoum (59e, non noté).

Benjamin Moukandjo : 2.5/10

S’il a un peu existé en début de partie, le capitaine des Lions s’est ensuite éteint comme une bougie. Il termine la rencontre sans aucune frappe à son actif. Lent et lourd à la fois, il est complètement passé à côté de son sujet.

Vincent Aboubakar : 2.5/10

Trop sûr de lui en début de partie, il est rapidement redescendu sur terre en regardant les attaquants nigérians se déployer. Une performance ratée qui se termine avec…aucune frappe en 90 minutes.

Christian Bassogog : 3/10

Il n’a jamais tiré en direction des filets d’Ezenwa. Il n’a jamais mis la défense adverse en danger non plus. Il a essayé de courir avec la balle, mais a été complètement muselé par les défenseurs nigérians. Il cède sa place à Fabrice Olinga (85e, non noté).

Arthur Wandji