Where the Ighalo, Simon, Mikel haters ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omonija
Egg
Egg
Re: Where the Ighalo, Simon, Mikel haters ?

Post by omonija »

vancity eagle wrote:1. Where the Ighalo haters ?

I have long defended Ighalo on this forum.

He today showed why he is our best centre forward. Getting 2 CB's booked and holding off the defender to open up scoring. He is much better than Iheanacho as a lone striker.

There are too many Ighalo haters on this forum who wanted to drive the man from SE only for junks like Nwakaeme. Where are they now ? You do not succeed in the EPL like he did if you dont have talent.

2. Where the Simon haters ?

See his assist for Moses goal when many others would have tried to blast a shot on goal. He played well today, and he was our best attacking threat vs South Africa.

He is and always has been better than ahmed Musa.

3. Where Mikel haters ? Who say that etebo or Ndidi can do what he does , and that he is not needed.

No Mikel. No Nigeria. PERIOD.

Looks like a lot of you need to eat a big massive humble pie.
this was mikel's best game in a while. somehow, his form and vision have improved. maybe because he moved to china and left the rigidity of chelsea's DM position. he probably has more freedom to play his game in china.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ighalo got a yellow for revealing his tribute to Carl Ikeme.
These effico Refs need to relax...
:boo: :boo: :boo:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Damunk wrote:Ighalo got a yellow for revealing his tribute to Carl Ikeme.
These effico Refs need to relax...
:boo: :boo: :boo:

That was disappointing, however I am really impressed with the way the guys are supporting Carl and it is important that support continues. In relation to the rule, maybe the ref was following the rule to the very letter of the law, however I was under the impression you had to take your shirt completely off for a card to be produced, maybe I am wrong.

As for Ighalo, I have been watching his games in China (same time zone) and I have seen a man that was still very hungry and looked like he had something to prove, the start of the season was not great, but now, he is good for at least a goal or an assist per game. He draws fouls in a similar manner to what we saw in this game and I think he has brought this renewed confidence to the national set up. A lot of people may discount China and I am under no illusion as to the status of the league, however if Paulinho could resurrect his career and go from Spurs>Guagnzhou>Barcelona all the while becoming a mainstay in a reinvigorated Brazil squad, the same can potentially happen for Ighalo and Mikel as well.

So many positives at the moment, loving every minute of it.
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Damunk wrote:I am still not a fan of Echejiele sha.
He is not waiting on you and oloye to be his fan since he is unable to change his ethnicity or answer balogun, oluwafemi, kayode and so on. We know the game you guys are playing. Each time you clowns gang up against the poor guy after every game, I always go back to watch the game over and over again and I still do not see exactly what he did wrong. He plays it simple. I only came to the conclusion that his only crime is that he is not...whatever...forget it.

I am actually mad that Cameroon lost to the zoo!
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
He is not waiting on you and oloye to be his fan since he is unable to change his ethnicity or answer balogun, oluwafemi, kayode and so on. We know the game you guys are playing. Each time you clowns gang up against the poor guy after every game, I always go back to watch the game over and over again and I still do not see exactly what he did wrong. He plays it simple. I only came to the conclusion that his only crime is that he is not...whatever...forget it.

Dude what's wrong with you? Do you actually look at this negative divisive accusatory nonsense you're typing and think you're making sense?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I was so happy we won I watched the game several times. Ighalo only had one shot on target the whole game and that was the goal the rest of the time he was involved in a wrestling match with the Cameroonian centre backs no fault of his own. I am happy he scored but still think he is a very poor striker.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Flex Swift wrote:I was so happy we won I watched the game several times. Ighalo only had one shot on target the whole game and that was the goal the rest of the time he was involved in a wrestling match with the Cameroonian centre backs no fault of his own. I am happy he scored but still think he is a very poor striker.
I don't get you. If you play with wrestlers what will you do?
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

niyi wrote:

Dude what's wrong with you? Do you actually look at this negative divisive accusatory nonsense you're typing and think you're making sense?
NONSENSE
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

nemi2002 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:I was so happy we won I watched the game several times. Ighalo only had one shot on target the whole game and that was the goal the rest of the time he was involved in a wrestling match with the Cameroonian centre backs no fault of his own. I am happy he scored but still think he is a very poor striker.
Plus if Moses had squared earlier Ighalo would have had two, and his dummy created Mikels goal, so making it sound like all he did is take that one chance is disingenuous to say the least.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

maceo4 wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
Plus if Moses had squared earlier Ighalo would have had two, and his dummy created Mikels goal, so making it sound like all he did is take that one chance is disingenuous to say the least.
No other striker we have could've matched the physicality of those Cameroon defenders. I still have memories of African defenders flinging Martins around like a rag doll.

Many people clearly don't understand the basics of the game.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Wow, what's this about?? You certainly are not serious are you?, this is way off the left field
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

akamoke wrote:

Wow, what's this about?? You certainly are not serious are you?, this is way off the left field
Achuzia!!! Achuzia !! We dey cover your dirty linen for rant and rave you come carry your madness enter market Anyway licking shoes go cute you
Oya back to the matter
open and close
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

He is not waiting on you and oloye to be his fan since he is unable to change his ethnicity or answer balogun, oluwafemi, kayode and so on.
funny how Mace04,nemi2002 and other hypocrites see comments like this and just scroll on like its nothing
but are enraged when they see innocuous posts containing line up suggestions
Tacit tribalism like this is what has ruined this forum beyond repair