Nigeria needed a manager not a coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria needed a manager not a coach

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria needed a manager not a coach

Post by Kabalega »

Looks like a coach talking tactics and the player is politely saying nah....
Already tried that at Chelsea, but we figured out a better way that I'm not go to tell am
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...manager coach what's the difference except in language and context :???:
The man na oyinbo hence all ears will open wide when he speaks, he will garner respect.
So far done a good job managing and coaching, go finish it up Monday :thumbs:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

mcal wrote:...manager coach what's the difference except in language and context :???:
The man na oyinbo hence all ears will open wide when he speaks, he will garner respect.
So far done a good job managing and coaching, go finish it up Monday :thumbs:
Sad but true,if you are Nigerian/African and you have something to tell your people be prepared for arguments and disobedience don't waste your time just get a white man to do it (after all the image of Christ is......).
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Rohr the SE manager

Post by Enyi »

It is somewhat unfortunate that Nigeria managed to beat the African champions and no one has managed to praise the Manager for his selection and tactics....

If only the SE drew or lost!!, the first page of this forum would be filled with WOWO thread and call to be sacked.

The guy picked Mikel over Etebo in AM, brought back and started Ighalo over Iheanacho despite his record. Played both Onazi and Ndidi despite calls for one to be dropped. Played Shehu RB. Second half, his team came out compact and countered when needed.

The guy lost against South Africa and the insults flew around, maybe deservedly but with a win like this, I think he should be praised as well.....same as any coach whether White, black or green.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr the SE manager

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Vancity goat, bully and all are hereby called out!
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Enyi wrote:It is somewhat unfortunate that Nigeria managed to beat the African champions and no one has managed to praise the Manager for his selection and tactics....

If only the SE drew or lost!!, the first page of this forum would be filled with WOWO thread and call to be sacked.

The guy picked Mikel over Etebo in AM, brought back and started Ighalo over Iheanacho despite his record. Played both Onazi and Ndidi despite calls for one to be dropped. Played Shehu RB. Second half, his team came out compact and countered when needed.

The guy lost against South Africa and the insults flew around, maybe deservedly but with a win like this, I think he should be praised as well.....same as any coach whether White, black or green.
He has been praised. If he had lost he would have been rightfully called out. He has been given more support than local coaches so he is expected to succeed.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

best SE coach since Westerhof as far as I am concerned.

doesn't mean I cannot disagree with him, but

he was spot on to recall and start Ighalo, that was genius when 90% plus of this forum had written off Ighalo as useless just because he wasn't scoring.

Benching Etebo was also a good act and again contrary to what 90% plus of this forum was calling for

As I have always advocated our best midfield trio is

Mikel in attack with Ndidi and Onazi sitting behind.

Finally Rohr went for it, I believe it is the first time we used this midfield combo and look at the result.

The only thing now I say is that a fit Joel Obi will push one of Onazi or Ndidi to the bench, take your pick.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] That is what the job entails. When the team loses the manager gets the blame, when it wins, he gets the praise.
[2] In past matches where we have not done well, Rohr has been at fault with his selection
[3] I have repeatedly called him out for fielding Iheanacho as a targetman. That was always a recipe for disaster
[4] Did you not see how the ball was sticking with Ighalo as the targetman on Friday?
[5] Had that been Iheanacho, we would have been losing the ball ion the counter-attack, as he would not have been able to hold off the challenges
[6] Look at our first goal and see how Ighalo held off the challenge. Iheanacho is simply not that strong
[7] As long as we have a targetman like Ighalo, Success, Awoniyi, Osimhen etc who can hold the ball up, we have half a chance of winning games
[8] Mikel was always going to be our playmaker, so I fail to see the point there. This is not rocket science
[9] I want to see more work done on the fullback positions though. Echiejile for one does not fil me with confidence
[10] Ndidi is out best central midfielder. I am not yet sure who is better to play alongside him out of Etebo and Onazi though. I suspect Rohr will rotate them based current form.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

vancity eagle wrote:best SE coach since Westerhof as far as I am concerned.

he was spot on to recall and start Ighalo, that was genius when 90% plus of this forum had written off Ighalo as useless just because he wasn't scoring.

Benching Etebo was also a good act and again contrary to what 90% plus of this forum was calling for

Finally Rohr went for it, I believe it is the first time we used this midfield combo and look at the result.

The only thing now I say is that a fit Joel Obi will push one of Onazi or Ndidi to the bench, take your pick.
Ndidi stands head and shoulders above Joel, Onazi and Etebo, so please stop all that funny talk. Ndidi will always be Rohr's first name on the team sheet!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Many are bitter he is foreign so will not give him credit. There is nothing wrong with LCs. The reality is we did not have one right now that we believed had the experience to get us through this group of death. With the passing of Keshi, our most experienced LC (at international level) at the moment, Siasia, failed to get us past Egypt in the AFCON qualifiers. Prior to that, we had a look at Oliseh and that turned out to be a mistake as he couldn't handle the politics and promptly got out of dodge, leaving us in the lurch. We had no choice but to look beyond our shores. Rohr recovered a situation that was looking doomed even before it started.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Sorry, the best SE coach has been Keshi. He matched Westerhof and I make him best because he is Nigerian.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ndidi stands head and shoulders above Joel, Onazi and Etebo, so please stop all that funny talk. Ndidi will always be Rohr's first name on the team sheet!
Take that to the bank. I watched the game again twice, and for he was immense. He was the unsung hero. Acting as the 3rd central defender, breaking up plays in simple ways and most of closing off the opposition midfield's passing inlets. It was not a coincidence Abubakar hardly saw any pass throughs and was isolated. In defensive midfield, a lot has to do with what you do when you are not with the ball.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

SURE, GIVE ROHR CREDIT, BUT...

...don't make it sound as though it has not been accomplished before: Westerhoff, Amodu (2ce), Keshi all did it before him. Done mostly with the NFA erecting barriers.
Bell
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sheikh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Take that to the bank. I watched the game again twice, and for he was immense. He was the unsung hero. Acting as the 3rd central defender, breaking up plays in simple ways and most of closing off the opposition midfield's passing inlets. It was not a coincidence Abubakar hardly saw any pass throughs and was isolated. In defensive midfield, a lot has to do with what you do when you are not with the ball.
KPOM, I was one of the ignorant ones rooting for Etebo over Ndidi, but you just called it out with the highlighted part of your comments. He helped the CDs and closed off passing lanes. This was much better than his game against South Africa.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Vancity goat, bully and all are hereby called out!
At least VC has been man enough to show face.
Bully on the other hand has disappeared off the face of the earth.
After all the insults he's thrown at Rohr over the last few months, its not surprising. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Orion wrote:Many are bitter he is foreign so will not give him credit. There is nothing wrong with LCs. The reality is we did not have one right now that we believed had the experience to get us through this group of death. With the passing of Keshi, our most experienced LC (at international level) at the moment, Siasia, failed to get us past Egypt in the AFCON qualifiers. Prior to that, we had a look at Oliseh and that turned out to be a mistake as he couldn't handle the politics and promptly got out of dodge, leaving us in the lurch. We had no choice but to look beyond our shores. Rohr recovered a situation that was looking doomed even before it started.
I wouldn't blame Siasia for losing to Egypt. That was on Oliseh and the FA. Siasia's crime was losing out to Guinea in 2012.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote:
After all the insults he's thrown at Rohr over the last few months, its not surprising. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vancity has only been 'brave' because it is an FC. He wasn't so brave when Keshi won the ANC.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Damunk wrote:
My friend why this deep seated animus you always have for me? Did i ever claim to be a soccer pundit. I was only venting my pent up frustration over our lost to South Africa. He did a good job against Cameroon. Perhaps our acerbic criticsm helps to sit him up. He has done what he is handsomely compensated to do. Their job unfortunately involves what have you done for me lately. The fans we are here to criticize or praise depending on your latest result. This is unversally acknowlegded natural phenomenon. This your incessant calumny is absolutely uncalled for.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I was anti-Rohr when he was hired, but I'd be the first to admit that he's been an unqualified success. No question. This one na COACH
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

bully12 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
My friend why this deep seated animus you always have for me? Did i ever claim to be a soccer pundit. I was only venting my pent up frustration over our lost to South Africa. He did a good job against Cameroon. Perhaps our acerbic criticsm helps to sit him up. He has done what he is handsomely compensated to do. Their job unfortunately involves what have you done for me lately. The fans we are here to criticize or praise depending on your latest result. This is unversally acknowlegded natural phenomenon. This your incessant calumny is absolutely uncalled for.
Chei! see as oga bully take style chop humble pie! :lol: :lol:
I am happy
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Orion wrote:
Sorry, the best SE coach has been Keshi. He matched Westerhof and I make him best because he is Nigerian.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
There will forever be only.....................

One MIC :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: ..........The best that ever coached the SE.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

deanotito wrote:I was anti-Rohr when he was hired, but I'd be the first to admit that he's been an unqualified success. No question. This one na COACH
...what about when he lost to SA in our backyard, was he not a coach?

This win vs Cameroon is all on the players' determination at all 3 locations, attacking, midfield, and defense. I did not see to many errors.