USA 0 CRC 2 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
USA 0 CRC 2 FT

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Just came back from dinner, where I chopped and drank too much to celebrate the 4-0 spanking of the Indomie Lions(TM Mister Dolly), turned on the game, and Costa Rica don nack dem wan.
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: USA 0 CRC 1

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't think the Yanks really want to go to Russia for the World cup.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote:I don't think the Yanks really want to go to Russia for the World cup.
No let Futcha catch you o! :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Costa Rica chop dat chance. Shoulda been 2

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Altidore missed an easy tap-in. :shock:

Wha choo looking at?!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

USA are not playing well at all
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:USA are not playing well at all
And they are playing against Costa Rica, who almost always give them a footballing lesson. Na after Costa Rica yab dem 4-1 na him make dem fire Klinsmann. I hope Bruce Arena can survive this game o! :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

game over 2-0
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Someone please check on Bret..... I don't want him to over celebrate tonight!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote:Someone please check on Bret..... I don't want him to over celebrate tonight!

Undertaker my brother today is one of the best days of my life. Kai!!! :thumbs: :D :lol:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: USA 0 CRC 2

2-0! Chei!! Ewooooo! Like I said I hope Bruce Arena can keep his job after dis game. Costa Rica responsible for the firing of 2 US mangers in less than a year. It ain't right.

Wha choo looking at?!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

bret- hart wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Someone please check on Bret..... I don't want him to over celebrate tonight!

Undertaker my brother today is one of the best days of my life. Kai!!! :thumbs: :D :lol:

hahaha............... I knew it! What a day for you! I knew nobody will celebrate this USA spanking more than you. And then Nigeria big win to top it off? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

They played like crap and deservedly lost.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Costa Rica just ate USA dinner.
The US played typical English football- Energetic, and waiting to be opportunistic.
It was Costa Rica that took their opportunities with calmness.

No matter what, USA will still qualify for Russia 2018.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

So, which one is worse? Losing 4-1 away or losing 2-0 at home?
Not really sure why the fired Klinsmann. This US team just ain't it for me.
Scipio Africanus wrote:
platinum wrote:USA are not playing well at all
And they are playing against Costa Rica, who almost always give them a footballing lesson. Na after Costa Rica yab dem 4-1 na him make dem fire Klinsmann. I hope Bruce Arena can survive this game o! :lol:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: USA 0 CRC 2 FT

Post by Odas »

I watched this one in its entirety and I praise Coasta Rica for their tenacity in the game. The Yankees thought they were going to have it easy and when things were not going as they had thought, they began to complain :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I must admit is was a good game
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

That was a real smash and grab job done by Costa Rica.
Rooting for Panama to perform and take 3rd place from the Yanks.
Odas wrote:I watched this one in its entirety and I praise Coasta Rica for their tenacity in the game. The Yankees thought they were going to have it easy and when things were not going as they had thought, they began to complain :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I must admit is was a good game
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Odas wrote:I watched this one in its entirety and I praise Coasta Rica for their tenacity in the game.
The Yankees thought they were going to have it easy and when things were not going as they had thought, they began to complain :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I must admit is was a good game
The Yanks are reaping the effect of modelling their game on the English. With English coaches dominating the youth game
and preferring size and aggression to talent, they are just finding out that without a few 'masterminds' their game cannot reach
the top level. This team will be hard to crack if only it can mix in, two or three creative midfielders.
The US should still take the third spot for Russia 2018.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

It's in Russia. I don't think US wants to be there
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I hope Yankee makes it o or else the progress football is making in this country will be reversed.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
congrats to your team. Maybe you'll be ready for the next hex

Canada avenge Gold Cup-ending loss to Jamaica

A night to celebrate for Canada turned slightly sour Saturday as Vancouver Whitecaps teenager Alphonso Davies saw red late in a 2-0 friendly win over Jamaica.

The 16-year-old Davies apologized via social media after being sent off in the 75th minute for kicking out at Jamaica's Damion Lowe after the two went down in a tangle in the corner. Lowe had seemingly precipitated the incident by shoving the Canadian.

It was unclear what contact Davies made with his boot but Lowe clutched his face and Costa Rican referee Ricardo Montero pulled out the red. Davies exited, pulling his jersey over his face in seeming embarrassment as he walked off.

Davies was the darling of the Gold Cup earlier this summer, with three goals and a handful of awards. But he collected nothing but controversy this night after coming on in the 70th minute for his sixth cap.

"To be honest it happened so fast, I didn't really know what was going at the time," Davies said in a very brief media scrum after the game. "I've just got to go back and reflect on what happened."

He was more forthcoming on Twitter, saying: "I just want to apologize to CanadaSoccerEN for my breakout on the field earlier today, and to the people that came to watch the game." The tweet was accompanied by a GIF subtitled "I'm sorry."

Ironically his pre-game tweet showed him kicking a corner flag in a goal celebration below the words "game day."

Coach Octavio Zambrano didn't defend the play but supported his young midfielder.

"He's a young guy," he said after the match. "A lot of things have happened to him. A lot of things that people know and other things that people don't know.

"We just have to be patient with him. He's a great kid. I stand by him ... I am not overly concerned because I know his essence as a human being. He's a great kid. He's going to be OK."

Measure of revenge

The win, a measure of revenge for being ousted out of the Gold Cup earlier this summer by the Reggae Boyz, continued the Canadian men's resurgence under Zambrano. There is more work to do but the Ecuador native, who is 3-1-2 at the helm, has Canada playing with confidence and poise.

Anthony Jackson-Hamel and Jonathan Osorio scored for Canada, which led 2-0 after just 30 minutes. Winger Junior Hoilett was the man of the match, tormenting defenders while showing off a deep bag of tricks.

A poor performance by Jamaica helped the home side before 21,724 on a breezy night at BMO Field.

Jamaica, which vaulted 19 places after the Gold Cup, is currently ranked 57th in the world. Canada is No. 95.

The game was a rematch of the July CONCACAF championship quarter-final, which saw the Reggae Boyz dispatch the Canadian men 2-1. The Jamaicans went on to upset Mexico 1-0 in the semifinal before falling 2-1 to the U.S.

Jamaica's pace posed early problems for Canada but the home side went ahead in the 16th minute, taking advantage of a giveaway by veteran defender Jermaine Taylor after some Canadian pressing. The ball went straight to Hoilett, who curled in a low cross to Jackson-Hamel and the Montreal Impact forward tapped the ball in for his third goal in eight appearances.

Osorio made it 2-0 after an interception by captain Atiba Hutchinson. Samuel Piette passed to Jackson-Hamel who deftly flicked the ball past two defenders to an open Osorio. The Toronto FC midfielder celebrated his second international goal in front of the south stand, sinking to his knees.

Jamaica's best chance in the first half came in the 45th minute on a Kemar Lawrence cross that found a wide-open Romario Williams. But the former Montreal Impact draft pick's weak shot was parried by goalkeeper Jayson Leutwiler.

Both sides made changes in the second half, with Cyle Larin and Samuel Adekugbe the first off the Canadian bench. An injured Adekugbe lasted just seven minutes, replaced by Mark-Anthony Kaye at left fullback.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/canada- ... -1.4273615
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.