Sign in if you're going to Russia in 2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Sign in if you're going to Russia in 2018

Post by tfco »

King Futcha wrote:I am going, will be supporting Germany and Senegal since...
we dey wait pics of your ....going

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

tfco wrote:
King Futcha wrote:I am going, will be supporting Germany and Senegal since...
we dey wait pics of your ....going

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Just how we are still waiting for your pictures from Brazil :roll:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Vincent. wrote:Happy those of you who went to Russia and had a great time.

As I keep saying, don't believe everything you read about Russia/Putin. It is mostly geo-political propaganda.
Peter Odemwingie (who was born in the USSR) was on Radio 5 Live the other day (after Nigeria vs Argentina), explaining how the place has changed. According to him, they even have a Nigerian restaurant in Moscow now.

Qatar will also be great, regardless of the warmongering that is bound to be unleashed. Suddenly, every propagandist will pretend to care about gay people.

Vince, both you and Osaze are late to the party.

The first Nigerian restaurant in Moscow opened circa 1994....it was called Mama Africa.
A very successful nightclub was opened in St Petersburg by a Nigerian by the name Lucky. met him once...very nice dude. Was gunned down, allegedly by the mob that wanted his business.
In the 90's, there were 4 Nigerian-owned clubs....two catered to the young student body, mainly hip hop and r'n'b music. Two others were mainstream, and were located at prime real estate sites.
I knew Lucky's junior brother. Can't remember his name now. He was my club member, but I have not seen him in years
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Vincent. wrote: Qatar will also be great, regardless of the warmongering that is bound to be unleashed. Suddenly, every propagandist will pretend to care about gay people.
2026 WC might as well be the *** WC considering it falls during Pride Month....we die finish

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

As I keep saying, don't believe everything you read about Russia/Putin. It is mostly geo-political propaganda.
Peter Odemwingie (who was born in the USSR) was on Radio 5 Live the other day (after Nigeria vs Argentina), explaining how the place has changed. According to him, they even have a Nigerian restaurant in Moscow now.

Qatar will also be great, regardless of the warmongering that is bound to be unleashed. Suddenly, every propagandist will pretend to care about gay people.
I had a great time, but let's not kid ourselves that there's been a bit of a clear up job. I met a Nigerian in St Petersburg who said the country is still beset with entrenched racism throughout society.
There is no clean-up job. How do you suppose the clean-up job went? You think Putin sent e-maill to all racists and told them to take things easy for one month? :D

Your St. Petersburg friend is right, but he can say the same for every country in Eastern Europe, including those that are now EU members, and many Western European countries with no African minorities. The difference is the degree to which it is manifested in society. The Russians have learned to hide their racism like their Western cousins, but racism is still entrenched because blacks are not even part of Russian society in any significant number. They are mostly foreign students or inter-racial kids like Odemwingie.

The impression we were given by the propagandists was that it was dangerous for black people to even travel to Russia because racists would be chasing them through the streets and attacking them. That was never going to happen.
The clean up was of the hooligans and thugs who were held on a tight leash. Are you denying this? :D
Isn't that normal practice?

The UK seizes the passports of known UK hooligans ahead of every major football tournament to prevent them from traveling. UK police put spotters at airports to spot any hooligans trying to leave the country. UK police also travel with fans to spot troublemakers. They also work with police in the host country to deal with any UK hooligan that somehow manages to travel.

I am 100% sure the Russian police worked to keep known hooligans away. Nothing new there. :D The propagandists probably knew this would be the case for both UK and Russian hooligans, but that did not prevent the scaremongering.

Remember England defender Rose even told his family not to travel to Russia with him because he was convinced that he or they would be racially abused in Russia. On the same radio program with Odemwingie, he said he was open to his family joining him in Russia. The propaganda was that bad.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Vincent. wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Vince, both you and Osaze are late to the party.

The first Nigerian restaurant in Moscow opened circa 1994....it was called Mama Africa.
A very successful nightclub was opened in St Petersburg by a Nigerian by the name Lucky. met him once...very nice dude. Was gunned down, allegedly by the mob that wanted his business.
In the 90's, there were 4 Nigerian-owned clubs....two catered to the young student body, mainly hip hop and r'n'b music. Two others were mainstream, and were located at prime real estate sites.
I knew Lucky's junior brother. Can't remember his name now. He was my club member, but I have not seen him in years
Very sad about Lucky. Din't know he had a younger bro. He was one of the first students to go and bring a car from Germany...it was a big deal back then.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."