Sign in if you're going to Russia in 2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sign in if you're going to Russia in 2018

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The irony is that there are a lot of racist Americans.
Exactly...I use to hang out with this Ukrainian girl....she was more tolerant than a lot of American whites ..

Ukrainians are not Russians :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: but you said 'girl'. Yup, their girls were very tolerant. Most of the Ukrainians/Russians I have met in the have been very friendly and tolerant. Some of them say "abeg no mind those fools wey bin dey harass you guys for dia o" meaning they are mostly aware of the harassment many of us faced.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who is going to Russia 2018?

oloye wrote:You can be sure of one thing Putin will round up all the thugs and deport them to Siberia..but i have one plea...he should leave some behind to deal with the english fans.

Putin will not even round them up...all he needs to do is for someone to visit their Ogas and say, we no wan his from you...unless England are playing. That is Russian/Putin style. If dem born any of dem well, make dem disobey am.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

I am not going to Russia, but I encourage anyone that wants to go to do so, and have a good time. Stay safe, use common sense at all times. Chances are, security will be tight, Russians will probably be on their best behaviors. Would not expect any incidences to mar the tournament. Don't go drinking with Russians in remote places.... if you see Russian fanatics/hooligans in a group, avoid them. It only takes one drunk guy to throw a punch for all hell to break lose. Those guys go around seeking fights...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

My people please don't let us fall for the media hype, they said worse about South Africa and Brazil and we all saw what happened or didn't happen
There's potential danger anywhere and in every country, we just have to use common sense
Russia hosted Winter Olympics 2014 and confederation cup this year with minimal wahala
Whenever any major tournament is held outside USA , Canada Australia and Western Europe na so so doom and gloom
And yes I do know of the potential danger there, lived in east Europe for 7 years
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Robbynice wrote:God willing I will be in Russia for the WC
better not 'forget' to pay debts over there, those Russian goons don't play as we saw in Training Day :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

It would be nice to organize group tickets..not sure I fancy travelling all the way to Russia to go sit by myself during SE games
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Yea let us gather so we go in a group
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Guys let us come together and do a group thing...me i am already learning Russian...Dobro world cup..nyet Ghana!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I need to clear up my schedule. I will try my best at least to catch two games live. :D
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:Guys let us come together and do a group thing...me i am already learning Russian...Dobro world cup..nyet Ghana!
Udachnovo Kubka Mira! Ghani Nyet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wishing (good luck at the WC. No Ghana).
AFCON 2019 sweet o

nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Chief Oloye..make you organize for us now. I think it would be a lot more fun if we have like 10-20 CEs all attending the games together
oloye wrote:Guys let us come together and do a group thing...me i am already learning Russian...Dobro world cup..nyet Ghana!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

My guy, why you dey run from ya home town? Abeg come do this translation for Moscow..we no need am here
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Udachnovo Kubka Mira! Ghani Nyet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wishing (good luck at the WC. No Ghana).
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

All jokes aside with our bredas not making it, has anyone applied for tickets on Fifa?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lager-back wrote:All jokes aside with our bredas not making it, has anyone applied for tickets on Fifa?
I did. I already have tickets to the quarter finals if we get there.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

nanijoe wrote:Chief Oloye..make you organize for us now. I think it would be a lot more fun if we have like 10-20 CEs all attending the games together
I think we should organize ourselves after the draw once venues are known.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

I am going, will be supporting Germany and Senegal since...
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

I am going.. Would be there only for Nigeria group games..
afc##
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Happy those of you who went to Russia and had a great time.

As I keep saying, don't believe everything you read about Russia/Putin. It is mostly geo-political propaganda.
Peter Odemwingie (who was born in the USSR) was on Radio 5 Live the other day (after Nigeria vs Argentina), explaining how the place has changed. According to him, they even have a Nigerian restaurant in Moscow now.

Qatar will also be great, regardless of the warmongering that is bound to be unleashed. Suddenly, every propagandist will pretend to care about gay people.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Vincent. wrote:Happy those of you who went to Russia and had a great time.

As I keep saying, don't believe everything you read about Russia/Putin. It is mostly geo-political propaganda.
Peter Odemwingie (who was born in the USSR) was on Radio 5 Live the other day (after Nigeria vs Argentina), explaining how the place has changed. According to him, they even have a Nigerian restaurant in Moscow now.

Qatar will also be great, regardless of the warmongering that is bound to be unleashed. Suddenly, every propagandist will pretend to care about gay people.
I had a great time, but let's not kid ourselves that there's been a bit of a clear up job. I met a Nigerian in St Petersburg who said the country is still beset with entrenched racism throughout society.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I had an amazing time.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

The YeyeMan wrote:

I had a great time, but let's not kid ourselves that there's been a bit of a clear up job. I met a Nigerian in St Petersburg who said the country is still beset with entrenched racism throughout society.
There is no clean-up job. How do you suppose the clean-up job went? You think Putin sent e-maill to all racists and told them to take things easy for one month? :D

Your St. Petersburg friend is right, but he can say the same for every country in Eastern Europe, including those that are now EU members, and many Western European countries with no African minorities. The difference is the degree to which it is manifested in society. The Russians have learned to hide their racism like their Western cousins, but racism is still entrenched because blacks are not even part of Russian society in any significant number. They are mostly foreign students or inter-racial kids like Odemwingie.

The impression we were given by the propagandists was that it was dangerous for black people to even travel to Russia because racists would be chasing them through the streets and attacking them. That was never going to happen.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Vince, both you and Osaze are late to the party.

The first Nigerian restaurant in Moscow opened circa 1994....it was called Mama Africa.
A very successful nightclub was opened in St Petersburg by a Nigerian by the name Lucky. met him once...very nice dude. Was gunned down, allegedly by the mob that wanted his business.
In the 90's, there were 4 Nigerian-owned clubs....two catered to the young student body, mainly hip hop and r'n'b music. Two others were mainstream, and were located at prime real estate sites.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Vincent. wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

There is no clean-up job. How do you suppose the clean-up job went? You think Putin sent e-maill to all racists and told them to take things easy for one month? :D

Your St. Petersburg friend is right, but he can say the same for every country in Eastern Europe, including those that are now EU members, and many Western European countries with no African minorities. The difference is the degree to which it is manifested in society. The Russians have learned to hide their racism like their Western cousins, but racism is still entrenched because blacks are not even part of Russian society in any significant number. They are mostly foreign students or inter-racial kids like Odemwingie.

The impression we were given by the propagandists was that it was dangerous for black people to even travel to Russia because racists would be chasing them through the streets and attacking them. That was never going to happen.
The clean up was of the hooligans and thugs who were held on a tight leash. Are you denying this? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.