Zambia 3-1 Algeria (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Zambia 2-1 Algeria (2nd Half)

Post by marutimon »

lacidi wrote:When Nigeria beat Zambia the CE experts said Zambia was the weakest team.
To be fair they upgraded their team with a bunch of the very special U20 kids like Daka, Mwepu, Sakala.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

In your imagination.

anointed wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
anointed wrote:
charlie wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
anointed wrote:If you are looking for guys who lack football education, look not far from these Zambians
They've tired.
They were showing the same defensive disorganization in the first half. Their age and experience is showing. My money is on Algeria scoring an equalizer before this game is over.
Don't mind Yujam. He can make excuses for the most blatant of misnomers once he likes them. But if it's Naija, he'd be pouring piss.
You have too much time on your hands to come up with nonsensical thoughts
Not as much time as you had writing stuff about how tough Cameroun were and how we'd not make it out of the game alive
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Zambia 3-1 Algeria (FT)

Post by pajimoh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Kai, now we have to worry about Zambia. Is it possible to qualify on Monday? :scared:
You k ow I admire your shaking but sometimes you're a good candidate for a dirty, hot pepper ladened slap. Mshjheeeww :veryangry:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

We qualify Tuesday (we can't qualify Monday) if we beat Cameroon and Zambia fails to win vs Algeria away (a draw doesn't cut it).
Last edited by marutimon on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Good result for Zambia. This Zambian team has promising talent, but a more disciplined team will tear them apart. We shall see if they can repeat this performance in 3 days.

Meanwhile, Algeria are a bleak shadow of their former selves. I cannot believe how bad they have become at all levels. They were a man up, yet looked more likely to concede. At one point, they had 6-7 people in Attack, when the ball was on the other side of the field. Pathetic performance by a once great side that made Germany sweat seriously in the last world cup.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Football in Africa can be a lottery. Helter skelter stuff with very little tactics makes for compelling viewing. When we play Zambia we need to slow things down. They ran from the first minute to the last.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Kai, now we have to worry about Zambia. Is it possible to qualify on Monday? :scared:

Yes.... We beat Cameroon and Algeria beat Zambia..... then we are done. The two remaining matches na friendly matches for us!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

charlie wrote:Good result for Zambia. This Zambian team has promising talent, but a more disciplined team will tear them apart. We shall see if they can repeat this performance in 3 days.

Meanwhile, Algeria are a bleak shadow of their former selves. I cannot believe how bad they have become at all levels. They were a man up, yet looked more likely to concede. At one point, they had 6-7 people in Attack, when the ball was on the other side of the field. Pathetic performance by a once great side that made Germany sweat seriously in the last world cup.
Too many managerial changes but I was a bit shocked at how small and slow they looked compared to the Zambians.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Maximum number of points our opposition can get if they win the next 3 matches;

Zambia - 13 points
Cameroon - 11 points
Algeria - 10 points

We are on 9 points and therefore the group is still much alive. I am sure this is how Rohr and the boys feel.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

charlie wrote:Good result for Zambia. This Zambian team has promising talent, but a more disciplined team will tear them apart. We shall see if they can repeat this performance in 3 days.

That's the story with Zambia. Immense potential but they are constantly undone by tactical indiscipline.when they meet the top quality sides.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

airwolex wrote:Football in Africa can be a lottery. Helter skelter stuff with very little tactics makes for compelling viewing. When we play Zambia we need to slow things down. They ran from the first minute to the last.
All I know is Dem chop Ogi on their ground and this time we'll add a side dish of Akara to the Ogi in Nigeria :thumb:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

pajimoh wrote:
airwolex wrote:Football in Africa can be a lottery. Helter skelter stuff with very little tactics makes for compelling viewing. When we play Zambia we need to slow things down. They ran from the first minute to the last.
All I know is Dem chop Ogi on their ground and this time we'll add a side dish of Akara to the Ogi in Nigeria :thumb:
We are not Algeria, I don't see us trying to out-run them plus we are more physical.
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Zambia vs Algeria(2-0)

Post by charlie »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
charlie wrote:When are we Africans going to smarten up about our defending? That tackle was not only pointless and reckless, it was downright stupid.
I really dislike comments like this. ..
Biggie, you dont have to like the truth, but you cannot deny its the truth. There is a reason why African teams keep failing at the highest level against European and S.American competition. Our defensive naivety keeps shooting us in the foot. That foul by Fashion Sakala was just a symptom of a more consistent problem. We have to do better, and we wont unless we face up to the truth first and foremost. I have to admit though that African football has definitely improved compared to the 80s and 90s. But we are not ready to be world beaters yet, and its primarily because of our defensive naivety.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Goldleaf wrote:Maximum number of points our opposition can get if they win the next 3 matches;

Zambia - 13 points
Cameroon - 11 points
Algeria - 10 points

We are on 9 points and therefore the group is still much alive. I am sure this is how Rohr and the boys feel.
This one na scare stats be dis. All I know we get 9 points and we need at least 3 points from 3 games. Cameroon must cough up that 3 points or get chocked on unripe plantain. Nonsense
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

airwolex wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
We are not Algeria, I don't see us trying to out-run them plus we are more physical.
Ol boy, whether we outrun Dem or outslow them, they must chop their ogi and akara - Simple
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Goldleaf wrote:Maximum number of points our opposition can get if they win the next 3 matches;

Zambia - 13 points
Cameroon - 11 points
Algeria - 10 points

Yeah. But if by end of Tuesday we are leading the group by at least 6 points then we've qualified (depending on goal difference).
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

marutimon wrote:We qualify Tuesday (we can't qualify Monday) if we beat Cameroon and Zambia fails to win vs Algeria away (a draw doesn't cut it).
Zambia can get 13 points max. If we win on Monday and they get anything less than a win in Algeria then it's all over.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

marutimon wrote:We qualify Tuesday (we can't qualify Monday) if we beat Cameroon and Zambia fails to win vs Algeria away (a draw doesn't cut it).
We qualify on Monday with a win and a Zambia draw or loss on Tuesday. We will have 12 points. Zambia will have 4 or 5 points. We also have superior goals difference. I don't see Zambia getting a point in Algeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

YUJAM wrote:In your imagination.

Yeah
YUJAM wrote:
Tbite wrote:
YUJAM wrote:It won't be easy
Cameroon is a well drilled side with quality players and a very good coach. They'll also have the additional preparation of the Confed Cup under their belt by the time they play Nigeria in August. Nigeria has the upper hand in the group right now but the Plantain Boys will definitely put up a fight
We have gotten the better of well drilled sides before, that put up a fight such as Tunisia in qualifying for the WC in 2010.

If there is one thing Nigeria knows how to deal with is insane pressure. Nigeria does NOT choke, it is not in our dna. We fail when we do not plan, when we are inadequate. But insofar as we have planned and we have what it takes (which we will), no amount of pressure will undo us.
Really? :rotf: Bro we didn't start following the S Eagles yesterday. In fact I am certain I've been a fan longer than you've been alive. :idea:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=278232&start=23
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Well it is clear you have acute comprehension issues or maybe just issues.
anointed wrote:

Yeah
YUJAM wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Cameroon is a well drilled side with quality players and a very good coach. They'll also have the additional preparation of the Confed Cup under their belt by the time they play Nigeria in August. Nigeria has the upper hand in the group right now but the Plantain Boys will definitely put up a fight
We have gotten the better of well drilled sides before, that put up a fight such as Tunisia in qualifying for the WC in 2010.

If there is one thing Nigeria knows how to deal with is insane pressure. Nigeria does NOT choke, it is not in our dna. We fail when we do not plan, when we are inadequate. But insofar as we have planned and we have what it takes (which we will), no amount of pressure will undo us.
Really? :rotf: Bro we didn't start following the S Eagles yesterday. In fact I am certain I've been a fan longer than you've been alive. :idea:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

YUJAM wrote:Well it is clear you have acute comprehension issues or maybe just issues.
anointed wrote:

Yeah
YUJAM wrote:
Tbite wrote:

Side stepping it but it's been running for longer than Tbite has been alive.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I don't have time for your silly crusade. I am sure you have far more important things to worry about than YUJAM. FWIW I enjoy talking about footie here when I have time. I am not here to because of silly personal complexes.

anointed wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Well it is clear you have acute comprehension issues or maybe just issues.
anointed wrote:

Yeah
YUJAM wrote:
Tbite wrote:

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

YUJAM wrote:I don't have time for your silly crusade. I am sure you have far more important things to worry about than YUJAM. FWIW I enjoy talking about footie here when I have time. I am not here to because of silly personal complexes.

anointed wrote:
anointed wrote:

Yeah
YUJAM wrote:
Tbite wrote:

You can't have time cos there's no way you can run away from what you yourself said. This is not saying that you don't have the right to do it. But don't run away from what you actually said. It runs deep and so you will certainly do it again. I'd remind you the next time you do it
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...