Zambia has a clear path to qualify instead of Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Zambia has a clear path to qualify instead of Nigeria

Post by green4life »

bully12 wrote:The Zambia team I saw against Algeria is an awesome team and is very capable of beating Super Eagles if we do not bring our A team to the match. There is no room for any form of mistake. Mr Rohr must roll his sleeves monitor our players analytically and astutely . His utterly conservatism must be discarded go after the best players Nigeria has that can give us an optimum result. Mr Rohr's conservatism is extremely mind boggling to me . I hope and pray fervently it does not cost us the qualification.
Algeria barely put up a fight though.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

asabatex wrote:Uncle V...wetin happen naw
Sir V wrote:We mush have all our good players ready on that day, otherwise e don finish.
My bro, I feel it will go down to to wire, and Naija will go through with the skin of their teeth.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

green4life wrote:Our path is very crystal clear. Win in Uyo and we are in. Draw in Uyo and we are still very much in.
A draw ensures qualification.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

We are a much better side than Zambia.

Zambia have been largely fortuitous. This Zambian side is similar to the one that won the ANC, they are not the type of team you want representing Africa.

Their game is largely based on 'hustle', high stamina team that can play from the first minute to the last minute of injury time, that is their greatest strength.

They will look to benefit from unforced errors and capitalize. Our defenders will be more than a match for them, possibly with the exception of Echiejile who might be turned. The problem won't be containing them, but ceding possession in the danger areas.

Zambia is essentially a team of Etebos.
Any disciplined side will beat them. Any undisciplined side can concede to them. The most important thing in the match against Zambia will be the team selection moreso than even the tactics! We don't want any erratic players in the team. Perhaps Echiejile should even be taken out. If Enyeama is fit, he should be brought in for Ezenwa.

Troost must be given instructions, Start with Ighalo, finish with Nacho. Ighalo has such upper body strength, he will break them down in their third, plus he can hold up the ball for a change of pace. Ndidi should possibly give way to Etebo, at least that will give our team an engine. Mikel MUST feature in this match, 100% crucial. Balogun will be absolutely crucial. I expect him to be snuffing out the Zambians and breaking them down.

Wingplay will be crucial. I doubt we will match their stamina, even if we bring on Etebo. Fortunately for us, we have one of Africa's best ever wingers in Victor Moses. I don't know how Aina is going forward, but Echiejile would need to contribute more offensively, if he starts. Moses Simon is not perfect, but I wouldn't replace him with Musa. Although Musa has extreme abilities in acceleration and speed, Simon beats his man better than Musa! Plus right now, Simon is crossing better than Musa. Musa could be a liability if he loses the ball. He is a bit of a 'joker' to quote the late Amodu, I am fine with him coming on as a sub but not starting, his finishing is better than Ajala's, could be useful if we are chasing the game or wanting to put it to bed.

If this game is executed appropriately, we could beat Zambia 3-0! If it is executed poorly, we could win 1-0 or 2-1. If we completely botch it, we could lose 1-0 or 2-1. Within our abilities, we are more than good enough to put them away.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

I respect Zambia, good side but....That Algerian team is a joke, they have been a joke for 2 years, with their current diva laden setup Algeria is among the worst NT in all of CAF.

Never ending curse of the Maghreb nations..we're so easily content, a modicum of success and it send us into rabbit hole state delirium, from administration to Players for years.

As for Nigeria, losing in Nigeria on current form....

[/video]
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The loss to South Africa was a Blessing in disguise because if we had won, the young team would have been kept together to play Cameroon and their inexperience would have been exposed by the Lions. Ighalo, who had been consigned to the international scrap heap would not have been recalled as many CEs (myself included) felt he had gone past his sell by date.
I would have been worried if Algeria picked up the maximum points against Zambia as we have to go to Algeria for our last match. We will beat Zambia in Uyo and you can take that to the bank. The conservative Rohr will field the same team that played Cameroon if they are all available for selection. He will play the same tactics that will force a mostly young and inexperienced Zambia to come out and attack and hit them on the counter. The SE back-line that rendered the dangerous Aboubakar impotent will nullify whatever threat from the Zambians. Nigeria hold all the aces inn that match, We are playing at home, we have beaten them on their ground, We are 3 points ahead with a better goal difference, all we need is a draw. we have better and more experienced players etc.
I would rather be in our position than Zambia's, so relax guys, by the Grace of God, we have got this match.
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I really don't know why people keep arguing that Zambia has a "clear" path? There is nothing "clear" about Zambia's path other than possibilities. Even the Zambians will tell you that.
They are 3 points and about 5 goals behind the leader.
They travel away to face a leader that has won both home games and unbeaten in the group. On top of that, out of 3 possible results the leader can afford to draw/win but not lose. Zambia dare not draw or lose.
Even if Zambia wins, they then have to hope the weakest team in the group and in the last game of the series can stop Nigeria from taking all 3 points while they also collect maximum points against Cameroon.

It is not impossible for Zambia to win in Nigeria but that does not mean their path is clear. In fact Nigeria has a clearer path compared to Zambia. Nigeria could qualify with 1 more point as long as that point is against Zambia or 3 points in case they lose against Zambia. While Zambia need all 6 remaining points.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

My goodness this thread is 6 pages :rotf: kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I respect Zambia, good side but....That Algerian team is a joke, they have been a joke for 2 years, with their current diva laden setup Algeria is among the worst NT in all of CAF.

Never ending curse of the Maghreb nations..we're so easily content, a modicum of success and it send us into rabbit hole state delirium, from administration to Players for years.

As for Nigeria, losing in Nigeria on current form....

[/video]
Talk about talking from both holes..one from the yansh and the other from the mouth..this is the same assnal spammer who flogged this forum about Algeria , and rediculed Tunisia. NOW that Tunisia are about to make it to Russia he comes here to speak from the waste passage hole...what a trip... stick to one position and be a man...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I respect Zambia, good side but....That Algerian team is a joke, they have been a joke for 2 years, with their current diva laden setup Algeria is among the worst NT in all of CAF.

Golly! Anything else? :)

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

The SE play better when they respect the opposition.
With that win against Algeria they just earned our respect , when you add the fact that they have to come out to attack i feel more comfortable.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

We too dey fear. We have our destiny in our hands and we dey fear as if we depend on other results to progress. We need 2 points to qualify and we will get more than 2 points out of the 6.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Lest folks forget fact SE WCQ track record hardly a shabby one over last 2 decades.

If memory serves me well the SE have qualified for 5 of the last 6 FIFA WC.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Zambia needs too many conditions to be true for them to qualify. All pathways for them are very difficult.

1. They have to beat Nigeria in Uyo
2. They have beat Cameroon in Lusaka
3. Hope that Nigeria lose or draw in Algeria

OR

1. They draw with Nigeria in Uyo
2. They have to beat Cameroon with 5+ goals in Lusaka
3. Hope that Nigeria lose in Algeria

Their destiny is not their hands as they need an external result to go their way in each scenario. When you see multiple required conditions like this, it is very rare that they're all fulfilled.

Nigeria needs only one condition to be true - win in Uyo.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Orion wrote:Zambia needs too many conditions to be true for them to qualify. All pathways for them are very difficult.

Not true. Zambia only need to make up goal difference.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

marutimon wrote:
Orion wrote:Zambia needs too many conditions to be true for them to qualify. All pathways for them are very difficult.

Which one of the above is not true?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Nigeria can beat Algeria in the final game. It will all come down to goal difference then.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

marutimon wrote:Nigeria can beat Algeria in the final game. It will all come down to goal difference then.
Not sure about that. If Zambia wins by a 2+ goals or 3-2, 4-3 etc. better away goals, then they may have the head to head tie breaker over Nigeria.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

marutimon wrote:

I think goal difference may only matter if Zambia beats Nigeria 2-1 (the same score line as Nigeria beat them).

Not sure though.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

OR

1. They draw with Nigeria in Uyo
2. They have to beat Cameroon with 5+ goals in Lusaka
3. Hope that Nigeria lose in Algeria

Their destiny is not their hands as they need an external result to go their way in each scenario. When you see multiple required conditions like this, it is very rare that they're all fulfilled.

Nigeria needs only one condition to be true - win in Uyo.
Actually a draw will suffice.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Zambia is a young, good side that plays good footie. If we are disciplined and as focused as we were in the Cameroon games (and finish our chances), I'll be surprised if they don't take a serious hiding from the Eagles. Let's pray our key men stay healthy i.e. the CB's, Mikel Obi, and VM. The rest bits are fungible.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The results just mean that we need to stay focused as the job is not yet done. We remain 'unbeaten' in the qualifiers and will be playing the next game at home. Algeria away in the final game, will be down to who wants it more... and if qualification rests on that, we'll go into the game all guns blazing against a team that will probably have a new coach, looking to rebuild with a crop of new players.

Rohr with his German mentally will chalk out another disciplined and professional performance. No cause for alarm..
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:My goodness this thread is 6 pages :rotf: kai
:lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16