Is it better to draw in Yaounde than win?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is it better to draw in Yaounde than win?

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Chief Bambostic[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: ^^I really hope not. A draw will deject the Algerians meaning they won't be up for a fight when we play them. A draw gives Zambia 5 points, 5 behind Nigeria while a victory gives them 7 points, just 3 behind Nigeria. That means if we get a draw in Uyo we can secure qualification if they are 5 points behind rather than still keep them in the hunt with such result. It will also reduce the pressure on boys to secure victory while pile on the pressure on Zambia to get the win in Uyo if they draw tomorrow.
What do you hope not about? Not sure I understand your contribution...? :?:
For this:
I am expecting an Algerian victory tomorrow!
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Chief Bambostic
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Bambostic »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: ^^I really hope not. A draw will deject the Algerians meaning they won't be up for a fight when we play them. A draw gives Zambia 5 points, 5 behind Nigeria while a victory gives them 7 points, just 3 behind Nigeria. That means if we get a draw in Uyo we can secure qualification if they are 5 points behind rather than still keep them in the hunt with such result. It will also reduce the pressure on boys to secure victory while pile on the pressure on Zambia to get the win in Uyo if they draw tomorrow.
For this:
Okay I see, you're hoping for a draw...whatever the result is, Zambia will need a win in Uyo to stay in contention, and we would just need to draw to secure qualification, whether Zambia has 7pts, 5pts or 4pts...
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:
For this:
Okay I see, you're hoping for a draw...whatever the result is, Zambia will need a win in Uyo to stay in contention, and we would just need to draw to secure qualification, whether Zambia has 7pts, 5pts or 4pts...
Them having 7 points is not exactly good for us because it gives them 2 opportunities to secure the ticket rather than one route. With 7 points they will be 3 points behind Nigeria and be content to play for a draw in Uyo knowing anything can happen on the last of the qualifiers. With 4 or 5 points then they know the only sure path to qualification is a victory in Uyo. I trust my boys to finish off the job on October 7th but will rather them not have to deal with the pressure that comes with chasing a victory.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Chief Bambostic
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Bambostic »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
For this:
Them having 7 points is not exactly good for us because it gives them 2 opportunities to secure the ticket rather than one route. With 7 points they will be 3 points behind Nigeria and be content to play for a draw in Uyo knowing anything can happen on the last of the qualifiers. With 4 or 5 points then they know the only sure path to qualification is a victory in Uyo. I trust my boys to finish off the job on October 7th but will rather them not have to deal with the pressure that comes with chasing a victory.
We will not need to chase any victory so long as we don't lose to Zambia in Uyo....
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Chief Bambostic wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
For this:
We will not need to chase any victory so long as we don't lose to Zambia in Uyo....
Did you watch the game in Yaounde? We scored one goal and decided to sit back and soak in the pressure. We almost lost the game! It is very very dangerous to hold out for a draw because the natural tendency is to start defending deep and you can easily concede a late goal. We have to approach that game with the full intention of WINNING it like we approached the game against Cameroon, however, if it ends in a draw then no worries.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes