Algeria were actually unlucky to lose away in Zambia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Algeria were actually unlucky to lose away in Zambia

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

They played quite well and certainly created more chances. Their problem was finishing really. They were missing Mahzreh in this game I believe, which may have been responsible for the loss.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Algeria were actually unlucky to lose away in Zambia

Post by realtrouble »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

They played quite well and certainly created more chances. Their problem was finishing really. They were missing Mahzreh in this game I believe, which may have been responsible for the loss.
Their defence was crap.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Algeria FA is so stupid...letting Mahrez go back to Europe only not to be signed by nobody.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Sometimes results do not tell the full stories of games
[2] Algeria are a good side and can beat Zambia in Algiers with ease
[3] Cameroon actually had more possession than Nigeria in our game than us
[4] We won that match because Cameroon kept pressing forward and we were catching them on the counter-attack
[5] I am certain that if Algeria had Mahrezh playing they would at least have got a draw against Zambia
[6] When the Zambia/Algeria game was 2-1, the Algerians had at least 10 chances to equalise but blew them
[7] Zambia scored their third goal on the counter-attack when Algeria had pushed everyone forward looking for an equaliser
[8] When we visit Yaounde, Cameroon can win if they actually just chill and do not try to force the game
[9] In Uyo, if Cameroon had sat back and let Nigeria come to them, who knows, they may have won the match with maybe a set piece or late goal. Their tactics were woeful. They should have been looking for a last minute winner rather than push forward
[10] From what I can see, the problem Algeria and Cameroon will have is psycological. With regards to their teams itself, they are not that bad.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Nigeria has won and is on the cusp on qualifying for the WC and like clock work Double A, Ayo Akinfe is back dropping "knowledge" or as some would say setting himself up for a pay day. Una tiri much o. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Sometimes results do not tell the full stories of games
[2] Algeria are a good side and can beat Zambia in Algiers with ease
[3] Cameroon actually had more possession than Nigeria in our game than us
[4] We won that match because Cameroon kept pressing forward and we were catching them on the counter-attack
[5] I am certain that if Algeria had Mahrezh playing they would at least have got a draw against Zambia
[6] When the Zambia/Algeria game was 2-1, the Algerians had at least 10 chances to equalise but blew them
[7] Zambia scored their third goal on the counter-attack when Algeria had pushed everyone forward looking for an equaliser
[8] When we visit Yaounde, Cameroon can win if they actually just chill and do not try to force the game
[9] In Uyo, if Cameroon had sat back and let Nigeria come to them, who knows, they may have won the match with maybe a set piece or late goal. Their tactics were woeful. They should have been looking for a last minute winner rather than push forward
[10] From what I can see, the problem Algeria and Cameroon will have is psycological. With regards to their teams itself, they are not that bad.
Cameroun never stood a chance against us in Uyo. They were lambs to be slaughtered and were duly slaughtered.

We were superior in every aspect of that game. But our game plan laid the foundations for our victory.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Waffi, did you check out the states on the ESPN website: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/matchstats?gameId=464074

For starters, possession:
48% - Nigeria
52% - Cameroon

They also had seven corner kicks to our three!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Was Ighalo goal on the break? Was Obi's goal from the corner kick on a fast break? The only goals scored on the break were Moses goal and Nacho's however our free kick goal should have stood as no one touch the ball as it went in. Therefore Cameroon were lucky to only conceed 4
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

They were not unlucky. Both teams rode their luck but in the end Zambia was too strong for them. I fully expect them to beat Zambia in Algeria though.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Flex Swift wrote:Was Ighalo goal on the break? Was Obi's goal from the corner kick on a fast break? The only goals scored on the break were Moses goal and Nacho's however our free kick goal should have stood as no one touch the ball as it went in. Therefore Cameroon were lucky to only conceed 4
I think the free kick was an indirect one but it wasn't touched by a second player hence it was ruled out.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Flex Swift wrote:Was Ighalo goal on the break? Was Obi's goal from the corner kick on a fast break? The only goals scored on the break were Moses goal and Nacho's however our free kick goal should have stood as no one touch the ball as it went in. Therefore Cameroon were lucky to only conceed 4

Yes, Ighalo's goal was on the counter attack. Headed clearance then passed to him from Mikel.

Mikel's goal came from a corner following a counter-attack. All four goals were counter-attacks.

Cameroon did not play badly and the scoreline certainly did not reflect the game. Some of you are getting carried away with this victory but on another day, Cameroon could have won the match.

For me, Kroos lost them the game by deciding to attack. Terrible tactics.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Anybody who decides its more important to wait for club signatures than potentially exposing themselves at the World cup is daft

Read, Mahrez and Aubemeyang
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I dont mind you shrining Cameroon or Algeria, but give Nigeria credit, we took full advantage of our opponents in all three games so far. Im sure all three countries will trade their places with Nigeria now if given the chance...What ifs scenarios do not win matches or tournaments, it is how you achieve the goal of the game that counts. Nigeria had less possession but ended up taking home 4 goals and 3 valuable points, I say that is playing smart...something we have accused Nigeria of not doing in the past
We are a win (ok Algeria must not lose at home) away from Russia

Having said all these, I hope we remain strong and beef up weak areas..should we qualify on Monday, we should aim to secure some top quality friendles especially against those plucky South Americans, to test our mettle
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

akamoke wrote:I dont mind you shrining Cameroon or Algeria, but give Nigeria credit, we took full advantage of our opponents in all three games so far. Im sure all three countries will trade their places with Nigeria now if given the chance...What ifs scenarios do not win matches or tournaments, it is how you achieve the goal of the game that counts. Nigeria had less possession but ended up taking home 4 goals and 3 valuable points, I say that is playing smart...something we have accused Nigeria of not doing in the past

Having said all these, I hope we remain strong and beef up weak areas..should we qualify on Monday, we should aim to secure some top quality friendles especially against those plucky South Americans, to test our mettle

Go and watch the game again without any tension and you will see the point I am making. Hugo Broos lost this game with his tactics.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
akamoke wrote:I dont mind you shrining Cameroon or Algeria, but give Nigeria credit, we took full advantage of our opponents in all three games so far. Im sure all three countries will trade their places with Nigeria now if given the chance...What ifs scenarios do not win matches or tournaments, it is how you achieve the goal of the game that counts. Nigeria had less possession but ended up taking home 4 goals and 3 valuable points, I say that is playing smart...something we have accused Nigeria of not doing in the past

Go and watch the game again without any tension and you will see the point I am making. Hugo Broos lost this game with his tactics.
I really don't know the point you're trying to make? Games are won and lost on tactics, mistakes moment of brilliance, wrong/right player selection etc
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

pajimoh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I really don't know the point you're trying to make? Games are won and lost on tactics, mistakes moment of brilliance, wrong/right player selection etc

Do you accept that both sides were evenly matched?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Waffi, did you check out the states on the ESPN website: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/matchstats?gameId=464074

48% - Nigeria
52% - Cameroon

But Cameroon came into the game with Nigeria after conceding 10 goals in 5 games and only scoring 2,even if they had more possession than Nigeria that lion was toothless with filed claws but most African nations can't deal with Cameroon (Morroco lost 1-0 to them) like they where handled in the Confederations Cup!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Waffi, did you check out the states on the ESPN website: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/matchstats?gameId=464074

48% - Nigeria
52% - Cameroon

Ayo.........you know NOTHING about football, quit trying so much.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

I forgot how much of a moron this guy is. So 52% possession while losing 4-0 is evenly matched? For the record....

1. When a team gets a 4-0 azzwhopping, they are not evenly matched.

2. Even Cameroon is not arguing they were evenly matched.

3. The argument does not take into consideration that Nigeria's tactics were to concede possession and hit on the counter.

4. Why am I even replying this guy who obviously knows nothing, and is a self admitted moron.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Moderators, is this kind of infantile and immature language allowed on the forum? Do people have a right to be abusive just because they have a differing opinion?
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Moderators, is this kind of infantile and immature language allowed on the forum? Do people have a right to be abusive just because they have a differing opinion?
Ayo Akinfe...still taking 'L's and whining about it. Both Cameroon and Algeria, who you are defending took that L with grace.

Please go sit in the corner...
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

muzines wrote:I forgot how much of a moron this guy is. So 52% possession while losing 4-0 is evenly matched? For the record....

1. When a team gets a 4-0 azzwhopping, they are not evenly matched.

2. Even Cameroon is not arguing they were evenly matched.

3. The argument does not take into consideration that Nigeria's tactics were to concede possession and hit on the counter.

4. Why am I even replying this guy who obviously knows nothing, and is a self admitted moron.

No need for the insults, you can make a point like other without the crap
You add. Ayo has achieved a lot and has contributed to his community
Much more than you will ever. For someone you don't know how can you speak of him
A that way..

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Moderators, is this kind of infantile and immature language allowed on the forum? Do people have a right to be abusive just because they have a differing opinion?

The same reason I quit this forum for a while.
Moderators are useless. You can ban me if you like.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....