CAMERUIN V NIGERIA 1-1 aboubaker Pen, Simon. FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: CAMERUIN V NIGERIA 1-1 aboubaker Pen, Simon. FT

Post by Cally »

Well played, boys. We are almost there...let's stay focused.

Victor Moses played really well. Our defenders as well. :clap:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
omonija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonija »

Damunk wrote:
Tbite wrote:My only qualm is that we made so many unforced errors.
KPOM.
E dey spoil my belleh somehow.

We need some statistics - who is committing all these fouls?
Who is giving the ball away?
Who is not covering ground....
it was the balls being given away that allowed cameroon to grow into the game... they were completely out of it till mikel went out.. chief culprits were mikel agu and ndidi. ndidi was probably just super gassed. agu is not exactly a ball distributor, and we should not be playing him in roles where he needs to be one.
to give credit though, bassogog really stressed out our guys.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

airwolex wrote:Victor Moses' football IQ has taken an exponential leap forward. What a baller, over the two legs easily the best player.
Playing regularly at Chelsea has made a difference. He's also very strong defensively.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

omonija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tbite wrote:My only qualm is that we made so many unforced errors.
KPOM.
E dey spoil my belleh somehow.

We need some statistics - who is committing all these fouls?
Who is giving the ball away?
Who is not covering ground....
it was the balls being given away that allowed cameroon to grow into the game... they were completely out of it till mikel went out.. chief culprits were mikel agu and ndidi. ndidi was probably just super gassed. agu is not exactly a ball distributor, and we should not be playing him in roles where he needs to be one.
to give credit though, bassogog really stressed out our guys.
Ekong was also culpable for giving away possession cheaply.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Its a Goal wrote:Nigeria P-4 PTS-10
Zambia P-3 PTS-4
Cameroun P-4 PTS-3
Algeria P-3 PTS-2

Permutations for the remaining matches goes as fort:

If Algeria wins tomorrow then they have 5 points, 5 points behind Nigeria. Means they have to win their remaining 2 matches to catch Nigeria. They play Cameroun away and Nigeria at home. Realistically they can only get 4 points. Out

Cameroun's next match will be against Algeria at home then Zambia away. Realistically they can only amass a total of 9 points in the series, 1 point behind Nigeria. Out

Zambia will be determined to keep the fight going and will try to pick all 3 points against Algeria tomorrow to get to 7 points, 3 behind Nigeria. This will be a make a break match for them because if they draw or lose they will be further behind Nigeria. A draw takes them to 5 points meaning they have to win their remaining 2 matches against Nigeria away and Cameroun at home. That is a tall order. Winning tomorrow means they will have a strong chance of catching Nigeria since they can draw inspiration from SA beating SE at Uyo earlier this year. Still in the hunt
Who dash Algeria 2 points? Na yam?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Algeria has only 1 points
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CAMERUIN V NIGERIA 1-1

Post by ohenhen1 »

pajimoh wrote:The group can't be decided until October at leadt
If Algeria wins tomorrow. It will be difficult for Nigeria not to qualify, 6 points lead with at least plus 7 goals difference.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Fantastic result over two legs, but also very annoying. Cameroon were ready to fold when we were pressuring them up 1-0. Through a combination of missed opportunities and playing in second gear, we allowed them to build their confidence back.

Anyway, I'll be supporting Algeria tomorrow and have faith in the SE to get the needed results to qualify in Uyo next month.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is not easy playing on 2 days rest in Africa. There were obvious signs of fatigue at the end.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I'll take one point ...thank you
Well.done lads
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:The group can't be decided until October at leadt
If Algeria wins tomorrow. It will be difficult for Nigeria not to qualify, 6 points lead with at least plus 7 goals difference.
If Algeria wins tomorrow we know Zamia will be 6 points behind us and inferior goal difference. One could say the battle is realistically over but mathematically still possible for Zambia. CAF cannot declare us group winner hence my assertion
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

Metho scorpion wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Thank God....excellent result. Going from how we played against SA recently, and all of the ANC and confer cup experience Cam had, this is a phenomenal result...over just 3 days.
...oga well said...
...especially against this football-thugs approach Cameroun...

I knew this would be difficult game...some folks think we would just go to Yaoundé and humiliate this thugs again...a draw was what I was praying for, a win would have been better though.
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

anointed wrote:
Zambia P-3 PTS-4
Cameroun P-4 PTS-3
Algeria P-3 PTS-2

If Algeria wins tomorrow then they have 5 points, 5 points behind Nigeria. Means they have to win their remaining 2 matches to catch Nigeria. They play Cameroun away and Nigeria at home. Realistically they can only get 4 points. Out

Cameroun's next match will be against Algeria at home then Zambia away. Realistically they can only amass a total of 9 points in the series, 1 point behind Nigeria. Out

Zambia will be determined to keep the fight going and will try to pick all 3 points against Algeria tomorrow to get to 7 points, 3 behind Nigeria. This will be a make a break match for them because if they draw or lose they will be further behind Nigeria. A draw takes them to 5 points meaning they have to win their remaining 2 matches against Nigeria away and Cameroun at home. That is a tall order. Winning tomorrow means they will have a strong chance of catching Nigeria since they can draw inspiration from SA beating SE at Uyo earlier this year. Still in the hunt
Who dash Algeria 2 points? Na yam?
LOL. IAG is a durty spudite. What do you expect :sneaky:

Please don't be dashing Algeria points they don't have abeg.

Algeria played 3 lost 2 (3-1 loss to both Naija and Zambia. Their only point was a home draw to Cameroon)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

dhoney wrote:
Metho scorpion wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Thank God....excellent result. Going from how we played against SA recently, and all of the ANC and confer cup experience Cam had, this is a phenomenal result...over just 3 days.
...oga well said...
...especially against this football-thugs approach Cameroun...

I knew this would be difficult game...some folks think we would just go to Yaoundé and humiliate this thugs again...a draw was what I was praying for, a win would have been better though.
We had loads of chances to fo that. You know what they Sa if you spurn your chances?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

So far all Zambia's results are mirroring ours..3-1 at home to Algeria, 1-1 away at Cameroon. Since their team is much improved than the one we beat, I don't think a 1-2 reverse in Uyo is entirely beyond them. Fear dey take style catch me.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Zambia P-3 PTS-4
Cameroun P-4 PTS-3
Algeria P-3 PTS-1

If Algeria wins tomorrow then they have 4 points, 6 points behind Nigeria. Means they have to win their remaining 2 matches to catch Nigeria. They play Cameroun away and Nigeria at home. Realistically they can only get 4 points. Out

what prevents Algeria from theoretically getting 9 points out of nine available?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]john12[/color] wrote: Algeria has only 1 points
You are very correct. A win has to be their target now.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I said this way back last year....both Cameroon and Algeria have no chance of coming back after their poor start. When you find yourself in a group like this there is no room for error.

I might as well book my ticket for Russia....God is good! Awon boys don deliver!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

That penalty was the biggest horseshit ever. Bloody cheats
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

100%Naija wrote:That penalty was the biggest horseshit ever. Bloody cheats
The keepwr rushing out like that did not help matters
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

1. Great organization in 1HF; low block, controlled possession with the backline; good isolation of wide players; ESP Ighalo's running the channels

2. Pressing system in 2nd/3rd zone was instrumental in disrupting CAM, never allowing them build up momentum esp after early flurries.

3. Key to #2 above was the trigger of Onazi and workrate of two wide players in central MF, and Mikel's technical possession which ensured ball retention at turnover.

4. 2HF and Rhor opts to sit in a little more. Result? No pushing up Mikel to support Ighalo; wide MFs drop a little bit more; more CAM possession.

5. For me if we were going to do this, Mikel's role needed to change and we needed to invert the triangle with him at the base. Simon needed to leave for greater breakaway speed from a deeper position- Musa; Kelechi needed to come in earlier for Ighalo to take advantage of his PK box instincts...

6. Its not so much the choice or timing of the subs, but the failure to adapt game plan to changing circumstances of the game, including tiring players, the expected CAM push back in 2HF, etc...

Still have my doubts about Rhor. almost man...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Chief Ogbunigwe[/color] wrote:
Zambia P-3 PTS-4
Cameroun P-4 PTS-3
Algeria P-3 PTS-1

If Algeria wins tomorrow then they have 4 points, 6 points behind Nigeria. Means they have to win their remaining 2 matches to catch Nigeria. They play Cameroun away and Nigeria at home. Realistically they can only get 4 points. Out

what prevents Algeria from theoretically getting 9 points out of nine available?
Nothing but realistically their chances will dwindle if they fail to win tomorrow or their next match. It will be completely eliminated if Nigeria gets a draw against Zambia or they draw against Cameroun or Nigeria.

To make the group interesting Algeria will have to win tomorrow. In the next set of matches Algeria goes to the already eliminated Cameroun while Zambia has to visit table topping Nigeria. Both countries find a way to win unexpectedly and there will be only 3 points in it. On last day Nigeria will play Algeria away while Zambia host Cameroun. Nothing to say we could find all 3 teams on level points :lol:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: CAMERUIN V NIGERIA 0-1

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Uwa step up nah abeg
He had a much better game than the previous game. :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!