What Rohr's match plan should be today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
What Rohr's match plan should be today

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Today's game should be a European-style cagey affair. No need to entertain the crowd on this one
[2] This match is a must-win for Cameroon, so the onus is on them to come out and score. Whether they will have the stomach for it after last week is another matter
[3] Rohr just needs a strong targetman up there to hold the ball up and have the likes of Moses and Simon on the wings to use their pace to terrorise the Cameroonians ion the counter-attack
[4] This might actually be a good game for Ahmed Musa to use his electric pace
[5] From what I have seen of Anthony Nwakaeme, he appears to be a big strong lad. Maybe having him hold the ball up could be a great idea. Tiekeu and Ngadeu need to be fought physically
[6] Our boys just need to sit back, soak up the pressure and hit Les Lions on the counter-attack
[7] However, what happens if Cameroon score first? I would say even then, there is not need to chase the game. They will want to score a second, so chances will come our way
[8] Our biggest worry is that Cameroon may not have the motivation to attack, so the game could be drab, forcing our boys to take the initiative and start attacking
[9] The longer the game goes on without a goal, the greater our chance of winning. If by midway through the second half there is no goal, then Rohr should bring no Iheanacho to weave his magic
[10] Mikel, Ndidi and Onazi should not be too far apart in midfield. They should just sit tight in front of a compact back four
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: What Rohr's match plan should be today

Post by Mr Shows »

Cameroon, to keep hope alive need nothing less than a win. In both the first and second half in the first leg they came out strong for the first few minutes but we managed to container them. I expect them to do the same this time too. The boys just have to be professional, no need to showboat or try any party tricks. Control the game and keep things simple.

Tactics should be to sit and play on the counter. Musa with all his pace still doesn't have the final ball and Moses Simon retains his starting point based on that. Same team should play. Balogun and Ighalo are the only players reported to be carrying knocks.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Any coach that know his onions will be scared of this SE's counter attack. The 3rd goal by Victor Moses is a perfect case for study. Moses dispossessed the ball off Anguissa at the edge of our box and within the twinkle of an eye and after quick and clever interchange of passes, Victor was just inside Cameroon's 18, delivering a perfect sliding pass to score.

Cameroon will come all out and attack today backed by their crowd but when we have the ball, they will suffer!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Exact same strategy as before
Sit back soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter
let them do all the running while we do all the scoring
Obviously for that strategy to worke we need to score first
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Defend very strongly and maintain composure and focus for 90 minutes
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

omey2k4 wrote:Defend very strongly and maintain composure and focus for 90 minutes
Omey2k na u be dis? Damn ... they really come out the woodworks when SE win. How de rap game? Have u dropped yet? Still waiting to buy ya beats at the thrift store. :laugh: :taunt:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:Cameroon, to keep hope alive need nothing less than a win. In both the first and second half in the first leg they came out strong for the first few minutes but we managed to container them. I expect them to do the same this time too. The boys just have to be professional, no need to showboat or try any party tricks. Control the game and keep things simple.

Tactics should be to sit and play on the counter. Musa with all his pace still doesn't have the final ball and Moses Simon retains his starting point based on that. Same team should play. Balogun and Ighalo are the only players reported to be carrying knocks.

Do you really expect them to make the same mistake twice? Come on now. Cameroon will not attack in such an indisciplined fashion tonight.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Cameroon, to keep hope alive need nothing less than a win. In both the first and second half in the first leg they came out strong for the first few minutes but we managed to container them. I expect them to do the same this time too. The boys just have to be professional, no need to showboat or try any party tricks. Control the game and keep things simple.

Do you really expect them to make the same mistake twice? Come on now. Cameroon will not attack in such an indisciplined fashion tonight.
SE maturity will really be tested in this game, the most important thing they have to do is to exercise patience and make the extra pass to break down the pawpawrians. Cameroon will definitely dictate the pace but SE must not take the bait and rush things. This is how Germany kills teams off but it's easier said than done.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Soak up the pressure and play counter attack football. Keep possession when you can. Don't give Cameroon any space. Defend the flanks well.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:Defend very strongly and maintain composure and focus for 90 minutes
Omey2k na u be dis? Damn ... they really come out the woodworks when SE win. How de rap game? Have u dropped yet? Still waiting to buy ya beats at the thrift store. :laugh: :taunt:
i lurk and respond to comments once in a blue moon,you are too busy shaking to pay attention. CE's dry after Vancity Eagle became relevant smh
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

omey2k4 wrote:
i lurk and respond to comments once in a blue moon,you are too busy shaking to pay attention. CE's dry after Vancity Eagle became relevant smh
The greatest thuganomics in the history of CE show face today. Welcome bro. You must have mellowed - what's her name/ :tic: I remember when a few people used to suck phat balls - according to you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

starting with same 11 as friday
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

SE maturity will really be tested in this game, the most important thing they have to do is to exercise patience and make the extra pass to break down the pawpawrians. Cameroon will definitely dictate the pace but SE must not take the bait and rush things. This is how Germany kills teams off but it's easier said than done.
....but we get German coach now.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Odion Ighalo declares himself fit for today's match as Akwa Ibom businessman offers $20,000 per goal - See more at: https://goo.gl/WEq5JV
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Rohr should set up to deal with pressure and not allow it. Ndidi needs to be on the ball from the get go covering every blade of grass between the midfield and the back 4. I suspect Cameroon will come for Elderson, so Simon needs to track back a little bit more. Aside from that, keep it simple and play.
Last edited by Shownoja on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To stop trying is to start dying
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

smartbrother wrote:Exact same strategy as before
Sit back soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter
let them do all the running while we do all the scoring
Obviously for that strategy to worke we need to score first
That's it we can assess what needs to be tightened and strengthened and they of cause will have little less pressure on them or more due to being at home and will have to attack which they at not too great at, Cameroon don't score much goals so if we score more than 1 goal we probably won't lose!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

We are on 9 points and they are on two... Assuming they sit back, play cautiously, where does that leave them if they concede an early goal? Their mission has to be come out and attack but try and keep it tight at the back. Interestingly they should have just parked the bus in the first leg and go all put and attack in this one. However, they have no choice now. They simply have to throw the kitchen sink at us and hope to outscore us... Any other tactical plan will be suicidal.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I think the eagles will get kicked quite a bit today. I hope they make it out of Yaoundé with no serious injuries
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

In ROHR WE TRUST.
Hopefully he will continue with his right decisions & line up for our successful path to Russia.
So far so good.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

blueangel wrote:In ROHR WE TRUST.
Hopefully he will continue with his right decisions & line up for our successful path to Russia.
So far so good.
In GOD we trust to grant us victory through Rohr and the boys
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

pajimoh wrote:
blueangel wrote:In ROHR WE TRUST.
So far so good.
In GOD we trust to grant us victory through Rohr and the boys

Well Said :agree:
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I expect some significant changes.

For starters, you don't want to sit back too much away. Get an early goal and Cam's tails will be up. Invite them onto you and you're basically gambling that they can't score at home. Not smart.

I'll expect a bit more pressure on the ball in the middle third today. So expect JMO, Moses and Moses to cede the final third in possession, while the defence simultaneously pushes up 5 meters or so. He'll want Cam to have possession without any space and be forced to go for long diagonal balls that play to Balogun and Ekong's strengths.

Mikel will also play 5 meters or so further behind and V Moses will stay a bit wider in possession. They'll be looking for bigger lanes for JMO to hit Ighalo in.

All in all, I expect even less emphasis in possession, allowing Cam to pass around the middle third, less space in possession, more width in attack.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I expect this game to be a tactical and low scoring affair. Cameroon just wants to win anyhow. Our boys need to be focused and disciplined throughout.