Ezenwa

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Ezenwa

Post by Tobi17 »

Man today was a performance of its kind, the blueprint of a perfect SE team, Balogun, Mikel, Moses,Ighalo we missed you guys against SA so much,we for thrash those vuvuzela boys, but the wake up call was very much needed and it showed today; and as expected the Big boys delivered ...experience is gold. But lets focus on Ezenwa, his performance has surely earmarked him as a key man in that GK position, he showed no nerves and was far some jittery apart from some few bone headed slip-up's which can be blamed on over-excitement, but I reckon it is safe to say he has tied down that GK spot pending the time Enyeama returns!
Last edited by Tobi17 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ezenwa

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tobi17 wrote:Man today was a performance of its kind, the blueprint of a perfect SE team, Balogun, Mikel, Moses,Ighalo we missed you guys against SA so much,we for thrash for vuvuzela boys, but the wake up call was very much needed and it today, and as expected the Big boys delivered today...experience is gold. But lets focus on Ezenwa, his performance has surely earmarked him as a key man in that GK position, he showed no nerves and was far some jittery apart from some few bone headed slip-up's which can be over-excitement, but I reckon it is safe to say he has tied down that GK spot pending the time Enyeama returns!
He did well even when defence had early flutters but if he has one bad game you know and I know Nigerians will call him a junk player!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

He is a back up...when Vince and Carl returns, then he can fight with dele, for the last goalie spot
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

what a performance - keep it up bro
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

walesvilla wrote:what a performance - keep it up bro
I concur. He did excellently well :thumbs:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

confidence is a skill set, something the other sweet looking dude appear to lack
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

I remember Someone said this akpele injury may turn out to be blessing in disguise
Up Naija with one love
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Excellent Debut IMHO
Looked more solid than Akpeyi the basket
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Apart from one clanger towards the end, he was quite good with the crosses. He just needs to learn when to punch and when to catch.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Football is a confidence game, Ezenwa has played his way into the first team..
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

his celebrations after our goals is really a hard pill to swallow. That disgusting clownery celebration started by a breda has no place in Nigeria. He has to be give a very strong warning about it.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:his celebrations after our goals is really a hard pill to swallow. That disgusting clownery celebration started by a breda has no place in Nigeria. He has to be give a very strong warning about it.
Started by the Congolese GK...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote:his celebrations after our goals is really a hard pill to swallow. That disgusting clownery celebration started by a breda has no place in Nigeria. He has to be give a very strong warning about it.
you must really be fun at parties...
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Gotti wrote:
I think dunce-o driver is trying (very badly) to be funny
Or at least i hope he is
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
Thank you, Chief.

I despise that celebration. Looks like a retard.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chriskendo43 wrote:I remember Someone said this akpele injury may turn out to be blessing in disguise Up Naija with one love
I think I know who said it - Odas! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I think broadly speaking, there are 2 kinds of good keepers. The competent and the heroic. Enyeama is heroic. Ikeme and Ezenwa have clearly showed competence. Defenders can't ask for more than to have a goal keeper who does his job well. He catches what he should catch, and doesn't put his defense under pressure with boneheaded parries and fumbles.

I give him a B+ today. He's much better than many that Nigeria has put in goal.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Some of us here pointed out that this guy looks more solid than Akpeyi. I saw both legs of the recent CHAN games and he looked good.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That boy handled himself very very well. He had confidenxe oozing all over for a debutant.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Is he good enough to face the likes of Argentina and France?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:That boy handled himself very very well. He had confidenxe oozing all over for a debutant.
watching the game he was part of the u20 a while ago, didn't know he is pretty tall..i think he should be the next main..very painful knowing we had this dude and we suffered with that akpere
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Is he good enough to face the likes of Argentina and France?
Let us enjoy today, when Argies show face we go begin shake for dat one!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

oloye wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Is he good enough to face the likes of Argentina and France?
Let us enjoy today, when Argies show face we go begin shake for dat one!
abi oo. when Enyeama made his WC debut he was written off as a local champions goal keeper facing world class teams, but he debuted admirably and more than sealed his legacy as Africa's #1 goal keeper not long after