Would Zambia consider taking a loss against Algeria?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Would Zambia consider taking a loss against Algeria?

Post by Its a Goal »

They will have think this through and think of it as a form of chess game: Long strategic planning.

A win for Algeria means they will still be in the hunt for the ticket come last game if they manage to go to Yaounde and beat Cameroun. This will be good for Zambia because if they can get 3 points in Uyo too then that means Algeria will battle Nigeria to death for 3 points in the final group match while they can try and beat a demoralized Cameroun for all 3 points plus extra goals to overtake Nigeria.

If on the other hand they deny Algeria any of the 3 points then Algeria will be effectively out together with Cameroun. Since Algeria will have nothing to play for aside pride they may end up just giving Nigeria a point on the last day of qualification which would have undone all their efforts at picking 3 points in Uyo and another 3 against the toothless lions of Cameroun.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Would Zambia consider taking a loss against Algeria?

Post by Undertaker »

Its a Goal wrote:They will have think this through and think of it as a form of chess game: Long strategic planning.

A win for Algeria means they will still be in the hunt for the ticket come last game if they manage to go to Yaounde and beat Cameroun. This will be good for Zambia because if they can get 3 points in Uyo too then that means Algeria will battle Nigeria to death for 3 points in the final group match while they can try and beat a demoralized Cameroun for all 3 points plus extra goals to overtake Nigeria.

If on the other hand they deny Algeria any of the 3 points then Algeria will be effectively out together with Cameroun. Since Algeria will have nothing to play for aside pride they may end up just giving Nigeria a point on the last day of qualification which would have undone all their efforts at picking 3 points in Uyo and another 3 against the toothless lions of Cameroun.

OMG! U too? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Oh Lord not again...
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Stop replying to these fools
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I'm surprised you guys are coming up with these scenarios. In a group with so few games, just one slip up and you're in trouble. Look at Cameroon. After 3 games they were pretty much toast and they had only lost 1 of those games. In a group like this, you want to get the maximum points you can get in every game because if you drop points the chances you get to make it up are limited.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

If we beat Zambia in Uyo we are through. If Zambia wins their match tomorrow we are in deep trouble.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

usual spudite defeatist mentality. olodo
:laugh:
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:rotf:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sir V wrote:If we beat Zambia in Uyo we are through. If Zambia wins their match tomorrow we are in deep trouble.
No we are not, even if Zambia wins tomorrow they will close in on points difference , our goal difference will be the deal breaker and we just have to avoid a loss in Uyo!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Sir V wrote:If we beat Zambia in Uyo we are through. If Zambia wins their match tomorrow we are in deep trouble.
Can you elaborate?

If Zambia wins tomorrow it would have made no difference if we had won today. They would have still have kept themselves in the running.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Really? How are we in trouble? So just because they beat a very bad Algerian team at home means they came to Uyo and beat us too?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Undertaker wrote:

Really? How are we in trouble? So just because they beat a very bad Algerian team at home means they came to Uyo and beat us too?
it is possible my bro. The pressure will be on us.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Sir V wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

it is possible my bro. The pressure will be on us.
No, the pressure will be on them as they have to win while a draw will be OK for us! They'll be forced to come out and attack us just as Cameroon did. This is just paranoia gone wild :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Algeria will beat Zambia tomorrow. Nigeria just need 1 more point to confirm qualification.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ohenhen1 wrote:Algeria will beat Zambia tomorrow. Nigeria just need 1 more point to confirm qualification.
If Algeria beat Zambia tomorrow, then every team chasing Nigeria will need a huge win and Nigeria an ugly losses for them to close the goal difference. So a point maynot be necessary to ensure qualification.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cito wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Algeria will beat Zambia tomorrow. Nigeria just need 1 more point to confirm qualification.
If Algeria beat Zambia tomorrow, then every team chasing Nigeria will need a huge win and Nigeria an ugly losses for them to close the goal difference. So a point maynot be necessary to ensure qualification.
Dude, if Algeria beat Zambia tomorrow, a point in our next game will qualify us for the WC...fact not feelings. Una really need to calm down. I thought today is a bank holiday. Maybe una comot small...haba
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coward talk.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

What?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Uncle wetin happen... :rotf: are you having doubts?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Its a Goal wrote:They will have think this through and think of it as a form of chess game: Long strategic planning.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]1naija[/color] wrote:

Thank God I only drink cup of coffee :D.

Seriously, Zambia has to consider this scenario if they want to qualify. We all know how the North Africans don't care about being spoilers when they have nothing to lose. Getting eliminated tomorrow means Nigeria is good as having 3 points in the bag.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Undertaker wrote:

OMG! U too? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
I know! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: All kinds of scenarios are popping now. We are surprisingly more sacred now in our position than before the qualifiers started
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Odas[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Undertaker[/color] wrote:

I know! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: All kinds of scenarios are popping now. We are surprisingly more sacred now in our position than before the qualifiers started
It is not a case of being nervous but being prudent and staying alert. The worst thing that can happen is an Algerian victory and best is an Algeria elimination. Let's hope for a draw.