EPL: Transfer window closes before start of season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet
EPL: Transfer window closes before start of season

Post by Gooner1 »

BBC wrote:Premier League clubs have voted to close next summer's transfer window before the season starts.

Managers have complained that the ability for players to move when the season is under way causes disruption to their squads and preparations.

From next season, the window will close at 17:00 BST on the Thursday before the Premier League season begins.

The vote was not unanimous and clubs will still be able to sell players until the end of the normal window.

The window across Europe runs until 31 August. The Premier League's move means that while clubs will be able to sell until that date, buying activity will cease on 9 August for the 2018-19 season.

European leagues will still be able to buy and sell until 31 August, while the Football League's window also remains unaltered.

Football League bosses have indicated they could follow the Premier League's move but require further dialogue with stakeholders before a decision is made.

The number of Premier League clubs who wanted the change is not yet clear but at least 14 of the 20 must have voted for the move in order for a change to take place.
hmmmmm.......I wonder who voted against it?
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EPL: Transfer window closes before start of season

Post by pajimoh »

excellent idea. How about the January window, still in place?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

But European team can steal their players, why shoot yourself in the foot
Oya back to the matter
open and close
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The move makes sense.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

It makes sense. The chaos in the middle of a new season is distracting.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

balo wrote:It makes sense. The chaos in the middle of a new season is distracting.
Why should the chaos end of European clubs can still buy your players after your window.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Prince wrote:
balo wrote:It makes sense. The chaos in the middle of a new season is distracting.
Why should the chaos end of European clubs can still buy your players after your window.
No they can't. Once the window closes, you can't climb in or out. That means you can't buy or sell :tic: The others can still trade with each other
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

pajimoh wrote:
Prince wrote:
No they can't. Once the window closes, you can't climb in or out. That means you can't buy or sell :tic: The others can still trade with each other

Nope, they can sell to Europe, but can't buy.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Prince wrote:

Nope, they can sell to Europe, but can't buy.
My bad. Must have skipped this
The vote was not unanimous and clubs will still be able to sell players until the end of the normal window
Thanks for the correction.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

So they can sell but can't buy to replace what they sold? Makes no sense! Stupid English!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Undertaker wrote:So they can sell but can't buy to replace what they sold? Makes no sense! Stupid English!
But they don't have to sell their good players. The advantage is EPL clubs have money and do the most buying. European clubs will have to sell quickly if they want EPL money. Once the English league can't buy, the market will slow down
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

pajimoh wrote:
Undertaker wrote:So they can sell but can't buy to replace what they sold? Makes no sense! Stupid English!
But they don't have to sell their good players. The advantage is EPL clubs have money and do the most buying. European clubs will have to sell quickly if they want EPL money. Once the English league can't buy, the market will slow down
They do if Barcelona, PSG or Real Madrid wants their players! But I understand your point. They will have to sell them early before they window close.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Undertaker wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
They do if Barcelona, PSG or Real Madrid wants their players!
The big clubs can resist them if the player is central to their plans and they can't buy a replacement. Even Liverpool resisted Barcelona
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Undertaker wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
They do if Barcelona, PSG or Real Madrid wants their players! But I understand your point. They will have to sell them early before they window close.
Just as Liverpool sold Coutinho to Barcelona. You're lucky I didn't take your money. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wenger must have voted 6 times
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved