SE NEED NWAKALI TO DEVELOPE FAST

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: SE NEED NWAKALI TO DEVELOPE FAST

Post by mystic »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Without Mikel we have no other MF that can pull the strings and make up lay from deep. Much respect to Onazi,Ndidi and etebo but they just don't have the ball playing instincts nwakali has shown in the past. I know Rohr will be monitoring NWAKALI and J obi, we need a mf that can thread a pass from me in the absence of mikel.

All a work in progress but our mf is almost there, we have the players we just needs to integrate them into the team. It also seems like Agu has taken john ogu's place in the pecking order. I don't know why.

1. Agu is better than Ogu. That's why he's leapfrogged him in the pecking order.

2. Nwakali definitely has the talent to be brought into the team, but needs to be playing regularly at Venlo.

3. If Joel Obi maintains his run of form and health, he should be brought into the team ahead of the Zambia game.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

maceo4 wrote:
highbury wrote:Sone Aluko is definitely a player with quality needed in SE. The guy is good ooo. Forget that he plays in the Championship. Some players in the EPL are not EPL material while some in the Championship are certainly EPL material. Aluko falls in the latter
Yea definitely like his game, never disappointed in GWG :thumbs:
We treated that guy the way England treats majority of their players. Use, dump and never invite again even if showing good form or for crucial tournaments. My mind is more at rest if he makes the lineup ahead of Iwobi. We need his hustle, experience, skill and eye goal which is actually better than Mikel's.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

greg wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
highbury wrote:Sone Aluko is definitely a player with quality needed in SE. The guy is good ooo. Forget that he plays in the Championship. Some players in the EPL are not EPL material while some in the Championship are certainly EPL material. Aluko falls in the latter
Yea definitely like his game, never disappointed in GWG :thumbs:
We treated that guy the way England treats majority of their players. Use, dump and never invite again even if showing good form or for crucial tournaments. My mind is more at rest if he makes the lineup ahead of Iwobi. We need his hustle, experience, skill and eye goal which is actually better than Mikel's.
Who told you Nigeria dumped him. Most unlucky player when it comes to injury. He has just moved clubs. If form peaks again . Nigerians will put for a pick.
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

We shouldn't just rely on the AM for good ball retention and technique. At least one of the two DMs should be able to retain the ball well too. This is why I don't like the Ndidi and Onazi pairing as their ball distribution and retention isn't good enough as a collective. It's needs to be one or the other. So I don't think we need a deputy for a Mikel, but someone to play along side him.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

sholaJay wrote:We shouldn't just rely on the AM for good ball retention and technique. At least one of the two DMs should be able to retain the ball well too. This is why I don't like the Ndidi and Onazi pairing as their ball distribution and retention isn't good enough as a collective. It's needs to be one or the other. So I don't think we need a deputy for a Mikel, but someone to play along side him.
Onazi worries me on both counts.
Plus the fact that he gives away too many fouls.

I also noticed that Mikel was caught far too often with the ball at his feet and dispossessed. Whether na lack of fitness or 'Big Man' football, I no know....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I agree. We need ball retainers. Players who can make things happen in midfield.
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

Damunk wrote:
sholaJay wrote:We shouldn't just rely on the AM for good ball retention and technique. At least one of the two DMs should be able to retain the ball well too. This is why I don't like the Ndidi and Onazi pairing as their ball distribution and retention isn't good enough as a collective. It's needs to be one or the other. So I don't think we need a deputy for a Mikel, but someone to play along side him.
Onazi worries me on both counts.
Plus the fact that he gives away too many fouls.

I also noticed that Mikel was caught far too often with the ball at his feet and dispossessed. Whether na lack of fitness or 'Big Man' football, I no know....
Against African teams all the gra - gra and hustle makes up for these deficiencies, however, against South American and Top European teams we will be found out.

I think a midfield of Mikel Obi (AM) Joel Obi(CM) and Ndidi (DM)give us enough experience, technique and energy to play any team in the world. Onazi should be on the bench.

In terms of deputies for Mikel, I think Iwobi or Aluko are good options as they're more mobile. I think playing Kelechi.N as a CM alongside Mikel would be an interesting prospect too.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Has Nwakali even played for VVV yet ?

To be considered he needs to be playing regularly for VVV and making an impact as for now in terms of creative midfielders after Mikel.

Alex Iwobi - I still think he can be very effective in this role

Joel Obi - can score and pass, also offers a lot of hustle and gets into tackles

Raheem Lawal - a poor mans' Mikel. Passing range is very good, he needs to be looked at again. He did very well in his last game for SE, the friendly against Luxembourg

Sone Aluko - another decent option

These 4 are all way above Nwakali at the moment
Venlo has not played any games since Kelechi arrived on deadline day...
However, he will likely play regularly at Venlo (though would have preferred if he had chosen Basel instead).
is Basel not a second division club in French league?
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

green4life wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Why??
He ain't done nothing since the U17.
ogasir wrote:Kelechi Nwakali needs to be intergrated into the SE team before the WC. He is the best midfielder under 21 we currently have.
Ironically, Mikel had played much less football than Kelechi at 18, when he was included in the SE squad for the 2006 ANC in Egypt where he played 4 out of 6 games. The young man, K Nwakali, is a special talent no doubt and as such should be given an opportunity once the ticket is hopefully locked up.

Nwakali is similar in style to mikel, we need to stay inviting him to the senior team now.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

osita wrote:
green4life wrote:
ogasir wrote:Kelechi Nwakali needs to be intergrated into the SE team before the WC. He is the best midfielder under 21 we currently have.
Ironically, Mikel had played much less football than Kelechi at 18, when he was included in the SE squad for the 2006 ANC in Egypt where he played 4 out of 6 games. The young man, K Nwakali, is a special talent no doubt and as such should be given an opportunity once the ticket is hopefully locked up.

Nwakali is similar in style to mikel, we need to stay inviting him to the senior team now.
The boy has all the attributes and tools to be phenomenal player if his exceptional potentials are well harnessed . This is my crux with Rohr he is extremely conservative. I don't see why Onyekuru, Bonaventure , Kelechi Nwakali and Joel Obi should not be incorporated into the team . There is no question about it their addition will enhance the exquisiteness and greatness of the team
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

osita wrote:
green4life wrote:

no he is not.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

But I believe Mikel was on a different level at the time (with Lyn Oslo and Chelsea).
This kid ain't playing anywhere close to where Mikel was at 18.
green4life wrote: Ironically, Mikel had played much less football than Kelechi at 18, when he was included in the SE squad for the 2006 ANC in Egypt where he played 4 out of 6 games. The young man, K Nwakali, is a special talent no doubt and as such should be given an opportunity once the ticket is hopefully locked up.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not sure AM is K. Nwakali's best position. He looked very solid as a deep lying midfielder in the U17 world cup and really reminded me of Mikel. He also looked good on the right wing for MVV last season. Realistically Russia 2018 may be a little too soon for him to become a SE regular, but we'll see how he fares at his club this season.

Personally I still prefer to play Mikel in a deeper role as a DM/CM. He lasts longer in games when he plays deeper and gives us an assured presence in front of defense. Iwobi can be a very effective AM. However, he needs to either go out on loan or leave Arsenal if he can't get games there. His lack of first team action is affecting his development.

Sone Aluko is also another player that I still think has a lot to offer as an AM. Joel Obi could also be a good option. I would like to see Joel get a decent run of games of Torino and stay healthy for sometime before rushing him back to the SE.

Ajagun is another player that has been overlooked for a long time who is decent. Alhassan Ibrahim also seems to be developing well. Curious to see how he does in Austria.

Musa Yahaya is another potential that we shouldn't forget. He is playing for Porto B in the Portuguese 2nd division and could he challenging for a SE shirt if he breaks into Porto's first team. Realistically, at the rate he's progressing at his club, Russia 2018 may be too soon for him.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:
osita wrote:
green4life wrote:

The boy has all the attributes and tools to be phenomenal player if his exceptional potentials are well harnessed . This is my crux with Rohr he is extremely conservative. I don't see why Onyekuru, Bonaventure , Kelechi Nwakali and Joel Obi should not be incorporated into the team . There is no question about it their addition will enhance the exquisiteness and greatness of the team
It seems you also no longer see why you should continue to rain horrible abuses on Rohr like you have been doing consistently for many months simply for not including these same players you are speaking about.
Now he is simply 'conservative'.

Heheh. Weytin happen?
You don buy new mouth wash? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote:But I believe Mikel was on a different level at the time (with Lyn Oslo and Chelsea).
This kid ain't playing anywhere close to where Mikel was at 18.
Nope, he was not...
Mikel played a grand total of 6 games for Lyn and did not play for Chelsea till post-ANC in Sept. 2006.

Like I previously stated, while I am personally not for rushing Nwakili into the SE squad, fact is that he is much further ahead of Osimhen who has been severally invited (and even capped) and Mikel was when he was first capped (which was actually against Libya in 2005), as G4L has duly pointed out.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Fair enough.
The difference for me is both Osimhen and Mikel train(ed) daily with World Class calibre players. That's certainly not the case with Nwakali.

I know I have expressed this severally, but I really don't see what all the hype is with the lad. That said, wish him all the best and hope he proves me wrong.
Gotti wrote: Mikel played a grand total of 6 games for Lyn and did not play for Chelsea till post-ANC in Sept. 2006.

Like I previously stated, while I am personally not for rushing Nwakili into the SE squad, fact is that he is much further ahead of Osimhen who has been severally invited (and even capped) and Mikel was when he was first capped (which was actually against Libya in 2005), as G4L has duly pointed out.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Chief, my brother, Mikel barely played for 1 year prior to his eventual move to Chelsea due to the transfer saga with ManU. If memory serves me right, he last played for his club early 2005 then was effectively 'clubless' during the months leading to summer 2005 U-20 WC. Then after the U-20 WC, remained on the sidelines (due to transfer saga) - no football - until January, 2006 for the ANC after which he stayed on the sidelines until Chelsea closed the deal around August 2006 (by then Mikel was 19). This is nothing like Kelechi Nwakali who has been playing actively for one full season now and currently on loan at a club. So clearly, Kelechi is further along than Mikel was at 18 - assuming playing time for your club is the parameter. Forget training with world class players, Mikel wasn't training period for over 1 year apart from the two tournaments aforementioned.
Otitokoro wrote:Fair enough.
The difference for me is both Osimhen and Mikel train(ed) daily with World Class calibre players. That's certainly not the case with Nwakali.

I know I have expressed this severally, but I really don't see what all the hype is with the lad. That said, wish him all the best and hope he proves me wrong.
Gotti wrote: Mikel played a grand total of 6 games for Lyn and did not play for Chelsea till post-ANC in Sept. 2006.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bully12 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

To be considered he needs to be playing regularly for VVV and making an impact as for now in terms of creative midfielders after Mikel.

Joel Obi - can score and pass, also offers a lot of hustle and gets into tackles

Raheem Lawal - a poor mans' Mikel. Passing range is very good, he needs to be looked at again. He did very well in his last game for SE, the friendly against Luxembourg

However, he will likely play regularly at Venlo (though would have preferred if he had chosen Basel instead).
Odiegwu!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

We need one or two more players in the class of Victor Moses can
easily break down any offense. And I sincerely believe Bonaventure and Onyekuru possess such proficient qualities.
I don't believe players like Kelechi Ihenacho,Musa and Moses Simon are effective in that area. It baffles me why Rohr prefer these three players to Onyekuru and Bonaventure. Those boys are devoid of creative abilities and savvy that can make things happen. I'm so much worried that Rohr's conservatism might be Super eagles waterloo.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

danfo driver wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Odiegwu![/quote Sir what do you mean by your response?