Is it better to lose against Zambia rather than win?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Is it better to lose against Zambia rather than win?

Post by Tbite »

Because the clear path is not so clear in Uyo. We will be going up against Zambia who are a spirited and fit side. Whereas Algeria look more disjointed and selfdoubting.

We saw how fitness becomes such a major issue. Why not forego a win, or even in a draw in Uyo, to conserve energy for the match in Algeria?

This is long-term strategic planning which includes KPIs, although at this point it is just a random musing on my part.

It's like a game of Chess, sometimes you have to lose the Chess game against your wifey, if you want to get lucky that same night.

Hmmmm :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

This might be my finest contribution yet.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Is it better to lose against Zambia rather than win?

Post by highbury »

Tbite wrote:Because the clear path is not so clear in Uyo. We will be going up against Zambia who are a spirited and fit side. Whereas Algeria look more disjointed and selfdoubting.

We saw how fitness becomes such a major issue. Why not forego a win, or even in a draw in Uyo, to conserve energy for the match in Algeria?

This is long-term strategic planning which includes KPIs, although at this point it is just a random musing on my part.

It's like a game of Chess, sometimes you have to lose the Chess game against your wifey, if you want to get lucky that same night.

As intelligent as you are, entertaining this is suicidal. It is clear to me that your mind is saturated with the different permutations. That's why It saddened me that we drew this game. The clear mandate is that we have to win in Uyo against Zambia. No questions asked. Right now, I will have to take a pass on the mental masturbation. Lets just do our job in Uyo even if Zambia wins in Uyo
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

:rotf: :rotf:
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

highbury wrote:
Tbite wrote:Because the clear path is not so clear in Uyo. We will be going up against Zambia who are a spirited and fit side. Whereas Algeria look more disjointed and selfdoubting.

As intelligent as you are, entertaining this is suicidal. It is clear to me that your mind is saturated with the different permutations. That's why It saddened me that we drew this game. The clear mandate is that we have to win in Uyo against Zambia. No questions asked. Right now, I will have to take a pass on the mental masturbation. Lets just do our job in Uyo even if Zambia wins in Uyo
:D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

highbury wrote:

You know you should be the last person to comment on this thread as the young Australian is pulling a joke on you.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

highbury wrote:

You need to grow a sense of humour.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

:rotf: :rotf: Highbury no catch am o! Sarcasm detector switched off!
highbury wrote:

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I'm sure Highbury's response was also sarcastic :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TIC right? :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:

:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :D
Chei highbury don suffer :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite; no Sir, we have to win Zambia in Uyo and be through with it.
Last edited by Odas on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

highbury wrote:

... even if Zambia wins in Algiers (Algeria) you mean? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I understand, "Chief Tbite" is beginning to cause trouble in this place with his thought
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

YemiBrazil wrote:I'm sure Highbury's response was also sarcastic :lol: :lol:
You sef, why are you being sarcastic now?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I am glad we all can laugh out loud rather than resorting to insulting ourselves. It doesn't matter whether I was sarcastic or not. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anointed wrote:
:rotf:
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

All we need is a draw against Zambia to qualify, all things being well.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Well, well.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ok
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:
anointed wrote:
:rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: CE fit kill pesin, walahi!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."