Algeria 0 V Zambia 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ahidjo
Egg
Egg
Re: Algeria 0 V Zambia 1

Post by Ahidjo »

Cito wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:Disappointing as this result is for our future blood pressures, the equation is remains somewhat the same for the Super Eagles. Avoid defeat to Zambia and qualification is in hand! 3 points in the remaining 2 games get us qualified.
1 point against Zambia does the trick...
Only if Zambia does not win their last game by a wide margin and Nigeria not losing by a wide margin too. We need at least 2 points to be safe if we don't win in Uyo. It will take a miracle for Zambia to go through.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

"Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once."
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote::scared: :scared: :scared:
I am scare as well, but don't start shaking yet - EMIR. It is yet time for that
Cowards! :lol:

Zambia won't win in Uyo. They know it, we all know it.
Bros. I am somewhat confident like you but then I remember South Africa coming to Uyo to bust our teeth and I advise prayer and fasting o!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote:
folem wrote:
mcal wrote:...Algeria na pants. Oya permutating experts, what is this outcome to SE status?
No change to status quo. SE need a draw against Zambia to qualify.
Yeah, because of our superior goal difference, but what if they win us in Uyo? With their recent performance, I am concerned about them.
...I am concerned too with our roller coaster type administration.
What you get today may not be what you'll get next day.
Hope this squad (vs Cameroon) is intact and ready by next month.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ahidjo wrote:
Cito wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:Disappointing as this result is for our future blood pressures, the equation is remains somewhat the same for the Super Eagles. Avoid defeat to Zambia and qualification is in hand! 3 points in the remaining 2 games get us qualified.
Only if Zambia does not win their last game by a wide margin and Nigeria not losing by a wide margin too. We need at least 2 points to be safe if we don't win in Uyo. It will take a miracle for Zambia to go through.
Coach Rohr and our players now know they have "world war" on their hands on October 7th, so I am confident they know what to do. Like Chief Cellular said, I hope our players stay healthy.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Since when did Nigeria start getting scared of beating Zambia at home? Some of you are so comical I cannot even laugh.
...did think same way vs SA at Uyo? Shiit happens in football, especially with the type of comics you have at the NFA.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

smartbrother wrote:We cannot play a home game looking for a draw
:agree:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

We cannot control what the other teams play. We can only focus on our own team. The 1-0 win of Zambia in Algeria and the 6 points garnered by Zambia over the two legs are not Naija's making.

For those who thought a win for Naija in Yaoundé yesterday would have qualified us; they should now know better. Whether we won or drew in Yaoundé, like we did, we still need the match on Oct 7 and a draw might just suffice but a win will take us to Russia mathematically.

Peeps should also stop talking like Zambia in Uyo is our last match. We are still going to Algeria after Zambia's visit. And, if Cameroun drew there and Zambia defeated them, what stops the Super Eagles from picking all points there? 16 points is still very doable.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Since when did Nigeria start getting scared of beating Zambia at home? Some of you are so comical I cannot even laugh.
...did think same way vs SA at Uyo? Shiit happens in football, especially with the type of comics you have at the NFA.
Chief Mcal, why are you responding to Ayo? If it happens now (I hope not), he will be the first to write a 10-pointer telling us what went wrong, which would change nothing
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

A friend on Facebook said this yesterday:
I can bet 3rd mainland bridge that Algeria will beat Zambia.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

anointed wrote:We cannot control what the other teams play. We can only focus on our own team. The 1-0 win of Zambia in Algeria and the 6 points garnered by Zambia over the two legs are not Naija's making.

For those who thought a win for Naija in Yaoundé yesterday would have qualified us; they should now know better. Whether we won or drew in Yaoundé, like we did, we still need the match on Oct 7 and a draw might just suffice but a win will take us to Russia mathematically.

Peeps should also stop talking like Zambia in Uyo is our last match. We are still going to Algeria after Zambia's visit. And, if Cameroun drew there and Zambia defeated them, what stops the Super Eagles from picking all points there? 16 points is still very doable.
We should rather render that game irrelevant by beating Zambia in Uyo...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Odas wrote:
Ahidjo wrote:
Cito wrote:
Coach Rohr and our players now know they have "world war" on their hands on October 7th, so I am confident they know what to do. Like Chief Cellular said, I hope our players stay healthy.
You guys sef. Na only tests Kim still dey do and you dey vibrate past Kongi like cell phone without ringtone . World War ko, War of the World ni :sneaky:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

anointed wrote:A friend on Facebook said this yesterday:
I would have done the same thing like your friend and both of us would have lost. There is no way I thought Zambia would win in Algeria. I had thought they (Zambia) will get a draw at best.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Gotti wrote:
anointed wrote:We cannot control what the other teams play. We can only focus on our own team. The 1-0 win of Zambia in Algeria and the 6 points garnered by Zambia over the two legs are not Naija's making.

:agree: totally.

I said elsewhere that we can even send our Ice Eagles to the cold that would be Algeria in November.
Last edited by anointed on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:

KPAM!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Zambia is going to finish third in this group.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anointed wrote:A friend on Facebook said this yesterday:
There goes our third mainland bridge, the bad gambler has gambled it away.... :curse:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

People love to whine like babies. Nigeria won three games and drew one on the road. They've beaten every team in the group. They lead the group in points, head to head and goal difference. Their next game is at home and avoiding a loss will guarantee qualification. Everything within our control we've handled well. What more can we ask for? It's not our fault if Algeria couldn't once avoid losing to Zambia over two legs. As you said even if they had won in Yaounde, Zambia winning in Algeria meant Nigeria still wouldn't have qualified. If we draw against Zambia then it doesn't matter what happens in the final games...Nigeria can lose by a hundred to Algeria and Zambia can beat Cameroon by a thousand, we'd have the head to head tie breaker over Zambia.

I dunno about you all but if at the time the draw was made, we were given the opportunity to qualify for the world cup by just taking one point from Zambia at home in Nigeria, I'm fairly confident everyone would've jumped at the chance.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

theYemster wrote:

People love to whine like babies. Nigeria won three games and drew one on the road. They've beaten every team in the group. They lead the group in points, head to head and goal difference. Their next game is at home and avoiding a loss will guarantee qualification. Everything within our control we've handled well. What more can we ask for? It's not our fault if Algeria couldn't once avoid losing to Zambia over two legs. As you said even if they had won in Yaounde, Zambia winning in Algeria meant Nigeria still wouldn't have qualified. If we draw against Zambia then it doesn't matter what happens in the final games...Nigeria can lose by a hundred to Algeria and Zambia can beat Cameroon by a thousand, we'd have the head to head tie breaker over Zambia.

I dunno about you all but if at the time the draw was made, we were given the opportunity to qualify for the world cup by just taking one point from Zambia at home in Nigeria, I'm fairly confident everyone would've jumped at the chance.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16