Shehu Abdullahi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Shehu Abdullahi

Post by Dammy »

It is an irony that when we finally get a proper RB for that troublesome position, a midfielder is ready to stake a proper claim for the position. Shehu Abuduliahi's assured performance over 2 legs against the African champions is as good as I have seen from a RB since Chidi Odiah left the SE.
The Super Eagles have a history of converting midfielders to FBs and the best example is Sylvanus Okpalla who is one of the best RBs ever to play for Nigeria. Both Felix Owolabi and Okey Isima were converted LBs for Nigeria as well.
In my opinion, Shehu, has earned the right to keep that position whether or not Aina or Nura are available. The key to good defence is to play as a unit and the SE defense against Cameroon played as one hence the limited chances for the Lions. It will be counter-productive to change any player from the defense except for loss of form or injury. Shehu IMO has earned the right to be Nigeria's starting RB.
I am happy
messiah
Egg
Egg
Re: Shehu Abdullahi

Post by messiah »

Dammy wrote:It is an irony that when we finally get a proper RB for that troublesome position, a midfielder is ready to stake a proper claim for the position. Shehu Abuduliahi's assured performance over 2 legs against the African champions is as good as I have seen from a RB since Chidi Odiah left the SE.
The Super Eagles have a history of converting midfielders to FBs and the best example is Sylvanus Okpalla who is one of the best RBs ever to play for Nigeria. Both Felix Owolabi and Okey Isima were converted LBs for Nigeria as well.
In my opinion, Shehu, has earned the right to keep that position whether or not Aina or Nura are available. The key to good defence is to play as a unit and the SE defense against Cameroon played as one hence the limited chances for the Lions. It will be counter-productive to change any player from the defense except for loss of form or injury. Shehu IMO has earned the right to be Nigeria's starting RB.
I agree!
https://t.me/pump_upp
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Pecking order:

Shehu
Aina
Ebuehi
Nura

We need the same depth on the left. Ehizibue and Obi should be tested there.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

He didn't play well in Yaoundé.
http://www.naijiant.com/
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Was Aina capped in Yaoundé?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:It is an irony that when we finally get a proper RB for that troublesome position, a midfielder is ready to stake a proper claim for the position. Shehu Abuduliahi's assured performance over 2 legs against the African champions is as good as I have seen from a RB since Chidi Odiah left the SE.
:agree: He has done well.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

messiah wrote:
I agree!
So even if another Sylvanus Okpalla comes along, Shehu keeps the position as his birthright "because he did well", or....? :blink:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

cic old boy wrote:He didn't play well in Yaoundé.
And so? Tell me which team plays well every match. The MOST IMPORTANT THING NOW IS GETTING THE REQUIRED RESULTS!
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

I agree that he has been decent so far but he needs to do more to stake a proper claim for the position. He did not have bad games vs Cameroon but he did not have very good games either. He gave 100% in both games which I commend but I believe he can't do more than he has done so far in terms of ability simply because that is not is natural position. Unfortunately, a right back, especially against better opposition needs to do more than he has done so far.
yes o
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] I am not sold on Shehu Abdullahi
[2] He is Ok but not a man for greater things
[3] He defends Ok but offers too little going forward
[4] He is not a great crosser
[5] He does not strike me as having the lungs to get up and down the pitch all day
[6] We need two fullbacks of the quality of Odiah and Babayaro to excel at the World Cup
[7] As yourself if he is as good a fullback as Walker or Bertrand
[8] Neither Abdullahi or Echiejile provided one cross during both games against Cameroon as far as I recollect
[9] Contrast this with the way the two Cameroonian fullbacks were bombing forward against us
[10] If we want to excel at Russia 2018, we need two-way fullbacks who offer a lot more going forward
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Adisboy wrote:And so? Tell me which team plays well every match. The MOST IMPORTANT THING NOW IS GETTING THE REQUIRED RESULTS!
Do you know what "context" means? My post was in response to this:
Shehu Abuduliahi's assured performance over 2 legs against the African champions is as good as I have seen from a RB since Chidi Odiah left the SE.
http://www.naijiant.com/
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I am not sold on Shehu Abdullahi
[5] He does not strike me as having the lungs to get up and down the pitch all day
[6] We need two fullbacks of the quality of Odiah and Babayaro to excel at the World Cup
[8] Neither Abdullahi or Echiejile provided one cross during both games against Cameroon as far as I recollect
[9] Contrast this with the way the two Cameroonian fullbacks were bombing forward against us
[10] If we want to excel at Russia 2018, we need two-way fullbacks who offer a lot more going forward
You must have been drinking kunu and Zobo laced with Akpeteshi marinated in burantashi. That boy bombs forward like crazy...oh wait oh...may be he should continue bombing forward when the team is under pressure. There is a reason i nicknamed him Cafu during the Olympics....if i need to explain this...then you must promise to stop drinking that concortion Ayo!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:
You must have been drinking kunu and Zobo laced with Akpeteshi marinated in burantashi. That boy bombs forward like crazy...oh wait oh...may be he should continue bombing forward when the team is under pressure. There is a reason i nicknamed him Cafu during the Olympics....if i need to explain this...then you must promise to stop drinking that concortion Ayo!
You are discussing with Ayo who saw Ideye on the bench for SE in Uyo? Continue :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Damunk wrote:
messiah wrote:
I agree!
So even if another Sylvanus Okpalla comes along, Shehu keeps the position as his birthright "because he did well", or....? :blink:
And that is the reason Nigeria struggles, if another player comes in and plays better, shehu should hug the bench, it's that simple, no bias, no sentiments, shehu did good but we can do better, nobody earns a right to keep a position, the best player should always play,
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:

You should know better. What end result did he produce. How does he compare with:

Sylvannus Okpalla
Yisa Shofoluwe
Jero Shakpore
Chidi Odiah
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Shehu didnt play badly in Yaounde. He intercepted, defended his space well. I have not rewatched the videos but I think he started off jittery in Uyo. I didnt see any jittery signs in Yaounde.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

cic old boy wrote:He didn't play well in Yaoundé.
He didn't have a lot of cover from the winger and got caught out a few time, but I found him to be a solid and reliable RB.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Shehu is too inconsistent to effectively have the RB on lockdown...
It's good we have him (because he's competent enough) but the search continues.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
You are discussing with Ayo who saw Ideye on the bench for SE in Uyo? Continue :tic:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Was wondering if Dean remembers that watching games is not a prerequisite for Ayo's analysis...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Was wondering if Dean remembers that watching games is not a prerequisite for Ayo's analysis...
Chief Gotti, I have been alerted that you are in violation of CyberEagles Court ordered protection order, restraining you from coming and commenting within 100 posts of Ayo's posts.

Please, we don't want another Osaze thread.

Thank you.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Gotti wrote:Shehu is too inconsistent to effectively have the RB on lockdown...
It's good we have him (because he's competent enough) but the search continues.
It is difficutl to get another Ordiah, Iroha and babayaro those type of players are not easy to find.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:

You should know better. What end result did he produce. How does he compare with:

Sylvannus Okpalla
Yisa Shofoluwe
Jero Shakpore
Chidi Odiah
You guys just love the way your grammar sounds on the internet. Who is Jero?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Sylvannus Okpalla
Yisa Shofoluwe
Jero Shakpore
Chidi Odiah
You guys just love the way your grammar sounds on the internet. Who is Jero?

:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16