PLEASE DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE ZAMBIANS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PLEASE DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE ZAMBIANS

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I think nigeria will show up against Zambia and make the final encounter with Algeria irrelevant :!:

Cheers.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I think nigeria will show up against Zambia and make the final encounter with Algeria irrelevant :!:

Cheers.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I like the quiet confidence of the SE squad. Rohr is keeping their feet on the ground. Previous SE squads will have been boasting of how they will beat Zambia. It is the Zambians who have been boasting before the match.
I am happy
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Listening to both Rohr's and Mikel's views on the match, both are giving Zambia the utmost respect. In 20 days time the boys have a job to do. They will be thorough, they will be professional, they will get the job done.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Zambia don go London to prepare for us. :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

^^Are you shaking already? :D
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Zambia don go London to prepare for us. :scared:
They can go to the moon for all we care.... The game will be played on the green blades of Uyo.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:
Odas wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Chicken little fill dis site man...
Who is that? He stated his opinion and I see nothing wrong with that. The truth is, we all know by now Zambia must be killed-off in Uyo
Do you know what/who chicken little is? Did anyone say anything was wrong with him stating his opinion?
I meant to say or write "WHY", not who!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Odas wrote:
Who is that? He stated his opinion and I see nothing wrong with that. The truth is, we all know by now Zambia must be killed-off in Uyo
Do you know what/who chicken little is? Did anyone say anything was wrong with him stating his opinion?
r:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You can laugh all you want; however, be informed I had wanted to write "WHY" not "WHO." The words which followed in the sentence speaks volume as to what I had in mind
Last edited by Odas on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:
Odas wrote:
Since you are so perfect in typing, here is a question for you. It is "fill or full?" Even if you are speaking pidgin (pigin) English, it is NOT "fill." It is either full or (fool - using pigin). As you can see, you are NOT perfect either
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Zambia don go London to prepare for us. :scared:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: EMIR, you be my man, but hold-off the shaking for now
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

This is one game I see Naija losing ..unfortunately
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Odas wrote:
You can laugh all you want; however, be informed I had wanted to write "WHY" not "WHO." The words which followed in the sentence speaks volume as to what I had in mind
Ice block brain.....so you expect us to interpret what's in your head , when you simply cannot express yourself. .as I said nah illness fir head dey do you. . .so it makes no sense beating down on someone who is intellectually challenged. . Maybe dem do you yonder. Hmmmm..however, I am trying to have CE forumers take it easy on you..however cellular may create a short bus forum for you...all hope isn't lost
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Favourukpai1 wrote:It was Johnny Weissmuller that said "with but few exceptions, it is always the underdog who wins through sheer willpower", not forgetting the words of Dory Previn "Beware of barking at underdogs, don't fight with people who have nothing to lose".... I don't know these guys at all just trying to pass a message here and I guess you get the message which is NOT UNDERESTIMATING THE UNDERDOGS.
When you look at a WCQ group containing Nigeria, Zambia Cameroon and Algeria, the first thought that comes to your mind is Zambia will definitely have no chance qualifying but now 2 matches more and the Zambians can qualify for the 2018 World Cup. How is that possible? If they should beat the Super Eagles in Uyo and maybe win the Indomitable lions too while God Forbid the Super Eagles loose to them and maybe Algeria*can't imagine this*.
So you see the lads should please not feel that they have qualified. The South Africans showed us that the Eagles are not unbeatable at the Uyo township stadium and please let the lads not think its all over rejoicing*I think they should know this*, the next two matches determine whether or not we are going and the Chipolopolos are not going to give it to us on a platter... Please anyone that can get to the coach, his staff or the players should please tell them ooh................... That is how everybody was underestimating Jon Snow and brodaa is now the Real heir to the Iron Throne same thing with Danerys Targaryen when the slave masters UNDERESTIMATED her the last but not the Least Iceland's Football team in Euro 2016 so please Bye for now. I remain whom I remain.
ALTHOUGH...

...it appears coach Rohr is not counting his chicken yet, people must continue to remind all that the ticket to Russia has not been won. It's not that anyone wants to take things lightly, but underestimating the an underdog opponent seems to happen in a subconscious way - from the lack of urgency by the press, the fans and even the way coaches and players approach it compared to when things were more in doubt.

Although, most of the factors favor Nigeria, I've seen strange results in my life (in all sports, at all levels, individual and team, all over the world, both genders and over time) and I hope everyone involved has also and are paying due attention.

In 1972, Nigeria won the All-Africa Games with a star-studded team. Then later in the year, they went to Zambia for what should have been an easy Olympic qualifier. During the game (the late) Haruna Ilerika was kicked out and Nigeria fell apart with Zambia winning by a scandalous margin. (Nigeria won the second leg in Lagos but could not overcome the goal difference).

So take nothing lightly until the fat lady has sung.
Bell
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

With all due respect to Zambia based on SE past antecedent against Zambia and our accomplishments in Africa we shouldn't underestimate Zambia. However, there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't win or at worse draw Zambia at home. To me the only thing that favors Zambia is that "Akwa ibom stadium" and that's because I have witness SE be eliminated twice at that stadium against our football wife. (South Africa) if eagles cannot beat or draw Zambia at home then Zambia deserves that WC ticket
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

When did we lose a WCQ last?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

nemi2002 wrote:When did we lose a WCQ last?

2005 vs Angola in Luanda. Will never forgive Okocha for getting "lost" on the way to the airport. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Odas wrote:
Ice block brain.....so you expect us to interpret what's in your head , when you simply cannot express yourself. .as I said nah illness fir head dey do you. . .so it makes no sense beating down on someone who is intellectually challenged. . Maybe dem do you yonder. Hmmmm..however, I am trying to have CE forumers take it easy on you..however cellular may create a short bus forum for you...all hope isn't lost
Arse licker! The words in the sentence should have informed you there was a typo, but your lack of simple, yet analytical thinking gave you out again. Everyone in the Forum knew it was or there was a "typo", except you - the dummy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't know what was in my head, then you should have paused and seek clarification from the writer (me) before opening your stinky mouth
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bret- hart wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:When did we lose a WCQ last?
2005 vs Angola in Luanda. Will never forgive Okocha for getting "lost" on the way to the airport. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Our 2005 team seem very disorganized and careless looking back at it now
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:This is one game I see Naija losing ..unfortunately
Chief Rawlings, what made you say so?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote:
Oga Odas
Please leave me alone.
why u Naija folks too dey like wahala?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

john12 wrote:With all due respect to Zambia based on SE past antecedent against Zambia and our accomplishments in Africa we shouldn't underestimate Zambia. However, there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't win or at worse draw Zambia at home. To me the only thing that favors Zambia is that "Akwa ibom stadium" and that's because I have witness SE be eliminated twice at that stadium against our football wife. (South Africa) if eagles cannot beat or draw Zambia at home then Zambia deserves that WC ticket
john12, the two losses in Uyo to South Africa have been exhaustively debated on these pages. The stadium had NO bearing on those losses. Other factors like wrong player selection, iffy match strategy, and even the players' psychological state ( not including the hapless Akpeyi) have been identified as reasons for those losses. Please note that the same stadium is where we beat Algeria 3-1 and Cameroun 4-0. Algeria was the highest rated African side and was still basking in the euphoria of a successful 2014 WC campaign, while Cameroon strutted in as African champions fresh from the Confederations Cup. The team that beat Cameroon in Uyo and had a commendable draw in Yaounde can also beat Zambia in Uyo. I am confident in Rohr and the resurgent Super Eagles.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Odas wrote:
Watch him conveniently disappear for a few days after the 7th....