PLEASE DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE ZAMBIANS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Favourukpai1
Egg
Egg
PLEASE DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE ZAMBIANS

Post by Favourukpai1 »

It was Johnny Weissmuller that said "with but few exceptions, it is always the underdog who wins through sheer willpower", not forgetting the words of Dory Previn "Beware of barking at underdogs, don't fight with people who have nothing to lose".... I don't know these guys at all just trying to pass a message here and I guess you get the message which is NOT UNDERESTIMATING THE UNDERDOGS.
When you look at a WCQ group containing Nigeria, Zambia Cameroon and Algeria, the first thought that comes to your mind is Zambia will definitely have no chance qualifying but now 2 matches more and the Zambians can qualify for the 2018 World Cup. How is that possible? If they should beat the Super Eagles in Uyo and maybe win the Indomitable lions too while God Forbid the Super Eagles loose to them and maybe Algeria*can't imagine this*.
So you see the lads should please not feel that they have qualified. The South Africans showed us that the Eagles are not unbeatable at the Uyo township stadium and please let the lads not think its all over rejoicing*I think they should know this*, the next two matches determine whether or not we are going and the Chipolopolos are not going to give it to us on a platter... Please anyone that can get to the coach, his staff or the players should please tell them ooh................... That is how everybody was underestimating Jon Snow and brodaa is now the Real heir to the Iron Throne same thing with Danerys Targaryen when the slave masters UNDERESTIMATED her the last but not the Least Iceland's Football team in Euro 2016 so please Bye for now. I remain whom I remain.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PLEASE DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE ZAMBIANS

Post by metalalloy »

Chicken little fill dis site man...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Favourukpai1 wrote:It was Johnny Weissmuller that said "with but few exceptions, it is always the underdog who wins through sheer willpower", not forgetting the words of Dory Previn "Beware of barking at underdogs, don't fight with people who have nothing to lose".... I don't know these guys at all just trying to pass a message here and I guess you get the message which is NOT UNDERESTIMATING THE UNDERDOGS.
When you look at a WCQ group containing Nigeria, Zambia Cameroon and Algeria, the first thought that comes to your mind is Zambia will definitely have no chance qualifying but now 2 matches more and the Zambians can qualify for the 2018 World Cup. How is that possible? If they should beat the Super Eagles in Uyo and maybe win the Indomitable lions too while God Forbid the Super Eagles loose to them and maybe Algeria*can't imagine this*.
So you see the lads should please not feel that they have qualified. The South Africans showed us that the Eagles are not unbeatable at the Uyo township stadium and please let the lads not think its all over rejoicing*I think they should know this*, the next two matches determine whether or not we are going and the Chipolopolos are not going to give it to us on a platter... Please anyone that can get to the coach, his staff or the players should please tell them ooh................... That is how everybody was underestimating Jon Snow and brodaa is now the Real heir to the Iron Throne same thing with Danerys Targaryen when the slave masters UNDERESTIMATED her the last but not the Least Iceland's Football team in Euro 2016 so please Bye for now. I remain whom I remain.
my friend gerra ra here :curse: If you want us to be afraid of the Zambians it won't happen. We won't underestimate them and never did. That's why they were beaten on their own turf and will be beaten again in Nigeria. Tell your people that. msshhheww
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

SE tin taya me sef :scared: :scared: :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:Chicken little fill dis site man...
Why is that? He stated his opinion and I see nothing wrong with that. The truth is, we all know by now Zambia must be killed-off in Uyo
Last edited by Odas on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Odas wrote:
Who is that? He stated his opinion and I see nothing wrong with that. The truth is, we all know by now Zambia must be killed-off in Uyo

Do you know what/who chicken little is? Did anyone say anything was wrong with him stating his opinion?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Nigeria will never underestimate Zambia, they are a decent side that has always fought us all the way, history proves that.

We fans may be yarning all we want but it is the players that will mount the pitch, so don't confuse the two. Mikel is captain and he is focused on the task, has the experience, knows what is required and will lead from the front. There will be no room for complacency. We needed the SA game to help us regain perspective and it did exactly that.

Expect a professional job in Uyo. The SE will be controlled, disciplined and focused. We will just focus on our game end of...
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:
Odas wrote:
Who is that? He stated his opinion and I see nothing wrong with that. The truth is, we all know by now Zambia must be killed-off in Uyo

Do you know what/who chicken little is? Did anyone say anything was wrong with him stating his opinion?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

One can understand why some SE fans may be jittery about the coming of Zambia to Uyo. Of course this is football where any outcome is possible. However, I will rather subscribe to Sir Alex Ferguson of Man United when his team approach tricky ties in the business end of the season. He called it "the squeaky bum" time. However, what tended to happen was that Sir Alex would have riled his players up so much before the tie that rather for the outcome to be close, Man U end up destroying the opposition hands down and you wondered what all the initial fuss was about.

I believe that by 7 Oct, every SE player invited to that camp and fortunate enough to be selected in the first 11 will be on such a high that an outcome of 5-0 (or at least 3-0) will end up a likely possibility. The quality of that team (individually and collectively) is so frightful at the moment that another spanking, much more than dealt to Cameroon is in the offing.

Go Super Eagles :thumbs: :thumbs:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Favourukpai1 wrote:It was Johnny Weissmuller that said "with but few exceptions, it is always the underdog who wins through sheer willpower", not forgetting the words of Dory Previn "Beware of barking at underdogs, don't fight with people who have nothing to lose".... I don't know these guys at all just trying to pass a message here and I guess you get the message which is NOT UNDERESTIMATING THE UNDERDOGS.
First of all welcome to Cyber Eagles.

Yes, we have had a very recent history of underestimating lesser known teams at home. We did it with Guinea in Abuja and with Angola in Kano.

Complacency does set in at times with people already making plans to go to the WC.

We must still field our best against Zambia. We must still hope that we have a full team to choose from.

Above all, we must play them with the intensity and zeal such a game deserves.

If I were Zambia, I will adopt the same style used by Guinea and Angola. Come in playing for a draw and hope to hit us on a counter when our indiscipline sets in.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

yes we need to be full in fitness that day this Zambia team just similar to south Africa team just keep on running,,the team that is fit most will WIN that October 7 match, with Nigeria same team that face Cameroon [GOD FORBID INJURIES].....

ANYWAY THE BEST TEAM SHOULD WIN,IF YOU CAN NOT WIN YOUR GAME ,WHAT IS THE POINT OF GOING TO WORLD CUP LOL
thanks
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

delisyomie don wrote:yes we need to be full in fitness that day this Zambia team just similar to south Africa team just keep on running,,the team that is fit most will WIN that October 7 match, with Nigeria same team that face Cameroon [GOD FORBID INJURIES].....

ANYWAY THE BEST TEAM SHOULD WIN,IF YOU CAN NOT WIN YOUR GAME ,WHAT IS THE POINT OF GOING TO WORLD CUP LOL
The key will be who is available for selection. We should be praying that Balogun, Mikel & Moses remain fit. I think we can beat Zambia if this trio are at their best, but it's plain annoying to be making plans to travel to Russia by banking on key players that are injury prone.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I am not feeling this latest development at all, i thought those clowns from Algeria would slow their roll down. I am not feeling pretty about this at all..this their last minute resurgence has put me on the edge.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

We are going to Russia..... We neef 2,pointe grom 6 while toe zambians need 4 grom 6
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Victory Moses is the Key.
Unlike Algeria and Cameroon who came to attack, Zambia will defend stoutly. It will be a 2-1 game for us
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I don't think Nigeria will underestimate them!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
First of all welcome to Cyber Eagles.

Yes, we have had a very recent history of underestimating lesser known teams at home. We did it with Guinea in Abuja and with Angola in Kano.

Complacency does set in at times with people already making plans to go to the WC.

We must still field our best against Zambia. We must still hope that we have a full team to choose from.

Above all, we must play them with the intensity and zeal such a game deserves.

If I were Zambia, I will adopt the same style used by Guinea and Angola. Come in playing for a draw and hope to hit us on a counter when our indiscipline sets in.
Uncle, thank God you no be Zambian coach or na stone dem for stone. Why would Zambia come in playing for draw when a draw practically ends their ambition to qualify?

I think we should just ban any post relating to the game until Oct. 7. It's giving people the right to type a lot of chicken little_ish gibberish .
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Comment by a Zambian fan on Zamfoot.com

Musonda says:
September 8, 2017 at 9:51 am

Beat Nigeria in Nigeria? Why do we like deceiving ourselves? Is it because they lost against South Africa? It was clear they underrated Bafana Bafana.More than five of their key players were absent in that match. Did anyone watch Nigeria against Cameroon over the two legs? They are currently unplayable at home with Moses, Mikel, Balogun, Simeon, Ighalo, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Musa and Iwobi. They are so dangerous when going forward and comfortable defending. That Balogun is the best centre half in Africa right now. And no player in the Chipolopolo can stop Victor Moses and Ighalo. I don’t want to raise my hope. We are meeting Nigeria at a wrong time. I don’t see us winning that match, period.
I am happy
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Zambia will chop 5 goals
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ogasir wrote:Zambia will chop 5 goals
I hope so! It is a task we MUST accomplish
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote:Comment by a Zambian fan on Zamfoot.com

Musonda says:

Beat Nigeria in Nigeria? Why do we like deceiving ourselves? Is it because they lost against South Africa? It was clear they underrated Bafana Bafana.More than five of their key players were absent in that match. Did anyone watch Nigeria against Cameroon over the two legs? They are currently unplayable at home with Moses, Mikel, Balogun, Simeon, Ighalo, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Musa and Iwobi. They are so dangerous when going forward and comfortable defending. That Balogun is the best centre half in Africa right now. And no player in the Chipolopolo can stop Victor Moses and Ighalo. I don’t want to raise my hope. We are meeting Nigeria at a wrong time. I don’t see us winning that match, period.
This was written by Nigerian.....no doubt...the writing patterns are so Nigerian. . AYOKINFE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Goldleaf wrote:One can understand why some SE fans may be jittery about the coming of Zambia to Uyo. Of course this is football where any outcome is possible. However, I will rather subscribe to Sir Alex Ferguson of Man United when his team approach tricky ties in the business end of the season. He called it "the squeaky bum" time. However, what tended to happen was that Sir Alex would have riled his players up so much before the tie that rather for the outcome to be close, Man U end up destroying the opposition hands down and you wondered what all the initial fuss was about.

I believe that by 7 Oct, every SE player invited to that camp and fortunate enough to be selected in the first 11 will be on such a high that an outcome of 5-0 (or at least 3-0) will end up a likely possibility. The quality of that team (individually and collectively) is so frightful at the moment that another spanking, much more than dealt to Cameroon is in the offing.

Go Super Eagles :thumbs: :thumbs:
:agree:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Dammy wrote:Comment by a Zambian fan on Zamfoot.com

Musonda says:

This was written by Nigerian.....no doubt...the writing patterns are so Nigerian. . AYOKINFE
That was my initial thought as well...
Until I saw that he spelt Simon as 'Simeon' - and listed him among our best players! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL