There is absolutely nothing to this Zambian side

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
There is absolutely nothing to this Zambian side

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] As usual, our people panic and react to events on the spur after football matches but all this panicking is just rash in my opinion
[2] There is absolutely nothing to this Zambia side and I will be disappointed if we do not beat them 5-0 in Uyo
[3] Look at their win in Algiers here and tell me if the Copper Bullets are anything to write home about:
[4] Sometimes, you get a small name team that is playing well and dangerous. Zambia are not a team I would categorise like that. Algeria just made them look good
[5] In contrast, look at Gabon. They are pacy, nippy, sharp and tidy:
[6] I can see why Gabon beat Ivory Coast in Abidjan. It is illogical to assume that Zambia are capable of a similar feat
[7] Zambia are also rash, naive, inexperienced and juvennile
[8] At home they had a man sent off against Algeria
[9] In Algiers they conceded an early penalty
[10] Our boys will simply have too much know-how for them. Watch the Zambians commit rash fouls, concede penalties, get caught on the counter-attack and found sleeping on duty with set piece in Uyo.

For me, this is going to be the most one-sided game in the whole qualification series.
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: There is absolutely nothing to this Zambian side

Post by marutimon »

No one is afraid of Zambia, just wary.
Chances of Zambia qualifying ahead of Nigeria are slim, but we need to stay focused and not give Zambia a lifeline.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marutimon wrote:No one is afraid of Zambia, just wary.
Chances of Zambia qualifying ahead of Nigeria are slim, but we need to stay focused and not give Zambia a lifeline.

I would have been worried were Zambia a side with plenty of panache and guile like say Cape Verde:
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

They are a ball playing side and have a strong tradition... In '94 we huffed and puffed to get past them. I stand relatively assured that the Eagles will get the job done but it won't be a stroll in the park... Final score 2-0
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:They are a ball playing side and have a strong tradition... In '94 we huffed and puffed to get past them. I stand relatively assured that the Eagles will get the job done but it won't be a stroll in the park... Final score 2-0

What happened 23 years ago is totally irrelevant here.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:They are a ball playing side and have a strong tradition... In '94 we huffed and puffed to get past them. I stand relatively assured that the Eagles will get the job done but it won't be a stroll in the park... Final score 2-0

I agree but it's about momentum and confidence, right now Nigeria and Zambia are the only two teams with something to play for. So don't expect them to come to Uyo and roll over, expecting to have their bellies tickled... Anyway shall, all I am interested in are the 3 points. We can leave all the exhibition football to the last game against Algeria.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I agree but it's about momentum and confidence, right now Nigeria and Zambia are the only two teams with something to play for. So don't expect them to come to Uyo and roll over and expecting to have their bellies tickled... Anyway shall, all I am interested in are the 3 points. We can leave all the exhibition football to the last game against Algeria.

Actually, I expect the game to be sewn up by half time so the crowd can be entertained during the second period. Remember what happened with Ghana in 2001? It was 3-0 by half time.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Any thoughts on your starting 11?..
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Mr Shows wrote:Any thoughts on your starting 11?..
too early for that but if there are no injury worries, then you'd expect the same line-up. Maybe Aina might be deployed
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Sometimes i wonder why we underachieve at the world stage and then i read threads like these. SMH. RESPECT EVERY OPPONENT O. Dont come with this noise ...thankfully no be mouth them dey take play the game and our players dont listen to garbage talk. They will train as hard as theyve done for other matches if not harder to accomplish the goal of qualifying for the WC.

You guys need to cut this $#%!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

No need for too many replacements:

Maybe Onyeama could come into the team
I would like Kelechi to start ahead of Simon and use his guile
I am not sold on the two fullbacks but I doubt if Rorh will want to change them for such a crucial tie
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

pajimoh wrote:
too early for that but if there are no injury worries, then you'd expect the same line-up. Maybe Aina might be deployed
My question was hypothetical..To see what areas still need to be strengthened and access the potential personnel available.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I am not sold on the two fullbacks but I doubt if Rorh will want to change them for such a crucial tie
I reckon he will call up the same players..Any experimenting will be done in the final game, if we manage to get the job done against Zambia. Aina, Onyekuru, Ebuehi, Osimhen, Kalu, Kelechi, Esiti, Alampasu and co should all feature in this one.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Not better than Simon Moses.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

100%Naija wrote:Sometimes i wonder why we underachieve at the world stage and then i read threads like these. SMH. RESPECT EVERY OPPONENT O. Dont come with this noise ...thankfully no be mouth them dey take play the game and our players dont listen to garbage talk. They will train as hard as theyve done for other matches if not harder to accomplish the goal of qualifying for the WC.

Well spoken. This Ayo guy is all over the forum boasting and bragging. Absolutely no need to talk down on Zambia who have proven themselves to be formidable. It was just the other day that South Africa came to Uyo and humiliated us, so we haven't arrived yet, but there are good signs of progress
Fortunately, Rohr and his guys will not approach that game with the same stupid mindset that some internet coaches here have. Work hard, focus, prepare well, and respect your opponent. I pray we scale through.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Not better than Simon Moses.

I beg to disagree Sir V. Simon Moses is another Forest Gump player like Ahmed Musa, Pius Ikedia and Tijani Babangida. For me, he is not good enough to play at this level.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] As usual, our people panic and react to events on the spur after football matches but all this panicking is just rash in my opinion
[2] There is absolutely nothing to this Zambia side and I will be disappointed if we do not beat them 5-0 in Uyo
[3] Look at their win in Algiers here and tell me if the Copper Bullets are anything to write home about:
[4] Sometimes, you get a small name team that is playing well and dangerous. Zambia are not a team I would categorise like that. Algeria just made them look good
[5] In contrast, look at Gabon. They are pacy, nippy, sharp and tidy:
[6] I can see why Gabon beat Ivory Coast in Abidjan. It is illogical to assume that Zambia are capable of a similar feat
[7] Zambia are also rash, naive, inexperienced and juvennile
[8] At home they had a man sent off against Algeria
[9] In Algiers they conceded an early penalty
[10] Our boys will simply have too much know-how for them. Watch the Zambians commit rash fouls, concede penalties, get caught on the counter-attack and found sleeping on duty with set piece in Uyo.

For me, this is going to be the most one-sided game in the whole qualification series.
Recent history...
You should ask Chukwu in 2006 WCQ against Angola, Siasia against Guinea or the late Keshi in 2014 for the 2015 AFCON qualifier against SA who had nothing to play for... or the recent game against Egypt.

ALL AT HOME!

You talk like there's no precedent to us not getting the desired result at home. :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

marutimon wrote: No one is afraid of Zambia, just wary.
KPAM and thanks a lot! To me, the fear or respect (depending on the team's philosophy) of an opponent is the best blessing for an opposing team. Thus in truth, no one is afraid of Zambia, but we have be careful of them.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

100%Naija wrote:Sometimes i wonder why we underachieve at the world stage and then i read threads like these. SMH. RESPECT EVERY OPPONENT O. Dont come with this noise ...thankfully no be mouth them dey take play the game and our players dont listen to garbage talk. They will train as hard as theyve done for other matches if not harder to accomplish the goal of qualifying for the WC.

:agree: You don tok am finish.

Wha choo looking at?!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Mr Shows wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I agree but it's about momentum and confidence, right now Nigeria and Zambia are the only two teams with something to play for. So don't expect them to come to Uyo and roll over, expecting to have their bellies tickled... Anyway shall, all I am interested in are the 3 points. We can leave all the exhibition football to the last game against Algeria.
The Zambians are coming to Uyo aiming for a win - everyone knows. Thus, anyone - fans, players and NFF officials - who is taking Zambia for a piece of meat is not serious and "Chief Ayo" is one of such people
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

marutimon wrote:No one is afraid of Zambia, just wary.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cally wrote:

Well spoken. This Ayo guy is all over the forum boasting and bragging. Absolutely no need to talk down on Zambia who have proven themselves to be formidable. It was just the other day that South Africa came to Uyo and humiliated us, so we haven't arrived yet, but there are good signs of progress
Fortunately, Rohr and his guys will not approach that game with the same stupid mindset that some internet coaches here have. Work hard, focus, prepare well, and respect your opponent. I pray we scale through.
The CE contributing editor has an agenda. It will end with him promising to help the coach get the best players. For all you know, he may not have watched ANY of the matches.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wanaj0 wrote:
Cally wrote:

The CE contributing editor has an agenda. It will end with him promising to help the coach get the best players. For all you know, he may not have watched ANY of the matches.
he didn't :rotf: he only showed face after the 4-0 ( which nobody expected) this is a pattern displayed by Ayo, watch him disappear from the forum and reappear later
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved