SUYA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

CHIEF OGOLO
Egg
Egg
SUYA

Post by CHIEF OGOLO »

Name the imposing structure in the background (Downtown Nairobi)

Hint.
There's a connection with Lionel Richie's adopted daughter (the one they adopted while living with Brenda)..

Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Is that the Nairobi Hilton?
CHIEF OGOLO
Egg
Egg

Post by CHIEF OGOLO »

Jimi wrote:Is that the Nairobi Hilton?
Jimi
That was an easy giveway.
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

CHIEF OGOLO wrote:
Jimi wrote:Is that the Nairobi Hilton?
Jimi
That was an easy giveway.
Is that right?
SUYA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by SUYA »

No insult #$% um I mean OGOLO but being 6 feet 5 I dont see anything imposing in the pic. However I believe its the Nairobi Hilton ranked number 28 on the continent behind the 3 Nigeria has herself of the same chain.

However if U must know these are the types of things that would impose on me...........and make me think I was in downtown Berlin or Washington DC. :P

Nitel Lagos

National Theater........Orile Igamu

Mosque Abuja

Our own version of your Hotel...this time in Abuja

Cathedral Owerri
CHIEF OGOLO
Egg
Egg

Post by CHIEF OGOLO »

SUYA,
I'm also 6"4 btw, and I am pretty sure you have added some inches (but I wont go there)

What happened to the park with the statue? How come the grass is not mowed?

Look at Nairobi again .

PIcture taken about 20 years ago. The tall twin towers on the right is where Al-Qaeda operatives planted da 5,000 Kg bomb (basement) It never even shook the building apart from the American embassy that was blown to shreds.

That's our old Parliament. ..and yes, it's been in use since independence. No unexplained gaps...when it was not unoccupied.

and yes,
there are all types of competitions in our multi-racial society...and not all the winners are indigenious Africans.

Nairobi Serena Hotel stands on the outskirts of Nairobi's Central Park, shaded by jacaranda, bougainvillea, and acacia trees. The tranquil setting belies its location just moments from most city attractions, including art and cultural institutions, shopping, nightlife, and entertainment, and convenient to nearby game reserves. A member of the Leading Hotels of the World, Nairobi Serena Offers exceptional standards of accommodation, service, cuisine, and amenities. As such it is the natural choice of corporate executives conducting business in Nairobi or luxury adventure travellers en route to safari. The restaurant and health club are the finest in all of Kenya.

Political dissent has always been embraced.

The young and free are allowed to express themselves

SUYA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by SUYA »

Pls #$% help me out here........but where for crying out loud are the Tall Buildings you are talking about because using a slide ruler and the photo I have determined that you guys dont build past the 12th story.

Why? Is 13 an unlucky number in Kenya as well as in Europe or are your birds blind or retarded ? Oh well - I guess you will never know what a Helicopter Pad is. A NO its not where a Helicopter lives. As for your Parliment building we have one just like it in Nigeria....stone for stone .... its called Santa Maria Primary School in Aba and it even has the same non functioning clock.

As for Hotels look at the AOHO Index and you will spot Nigeria 2 times before u spot Kenya.....plus we actually have Nigerian managers and Nigeian Guest in ours....and that to me should be summa of it all. Our Hotel experience is one of a kind..interacvtive......complete with NEPA.....and exposure to a very economical savvy populace.

I rest my case.
CHIEF OGOLO
Egg
Egg

Post by CHIEF OGOLO »

SUYA,

We are not scared of the number 13. Variety is the spice of life.
Check out the last absolute monarch in Africa (Kenyan roots) ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4215761.stm
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

CHIEF OGOLO wrote:SUYA,

We are not scared of the number 13. Variety is the spice of life.
Check out the last absolute monarch in Africa (Kenyan roots) ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4215761.stm
..OGOLO...Kenya dey try O! :shock: Not only can U guys brag of harboring more Oyibos to build your bridges U even had one as Miss Kenya! :shock: I mean....
..complete with Sidewalk Sofa and showing off her Belly Button! :shock:

Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

PaJ, how did you get a pix like this, and more importantly, why is it on your computer screen :P :P
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
CHIEF OGOLO
Egg
Egg

Post by CHIEF OGOLO »

anikulapo wrote:PaJ, how did you get a pix like this, and more importantly, why is it on your computer screen :P :P
You never know with our brothers nowadays. Desperation (Jungle fever) knows no bounds. Anikulapo, you have a keen eye . Paj is having female trouble.
SUYA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by SUYA »

Ogolo -- Please explain to me what Jungle Fever is? And I would think very hard before I replied.
CHIEF OGOLO
Egg
Egg

Post by CHIEF OGOLO »

SUYA wrote:Ogolo -- Please explain to me what Jungle Fever is? And I would think very hard before I replied.
SUYA,

Deep in the forests of Africa, there is an insect known as the mosquito.

Malaria has been known since time immemorial, but it was centuries before the true causes were understood. Previously, it was thought that "miasma" (bad air or gas from swamps - "mal air ia") caused the disease. Surprisingly in view of this, some ancient treatments were remarkably effective. An infusion of qinghao (Artemesia annua ) has been used for at least the last 2000 years in China, its active ingredient (artemisinin) having only recently been scientifically identified. The antifebrile properties of the bitter bark of (Cinchona ledgeriana ) were known in Peru before the 15th century. Quinine, the active ingredient of this potion was first isolated in 1820 by the pharmacists.

Although people were unaware of the origin of malaria and the mode of transmission, protective measures against the mosquito have been used for many hundreds of years. The inhabitants of swampy regions in Egypt were recorded as sleeping in tower-like structures out of the reach of mosquitoes, whereas others slept under nets as early as 450 B.C
SUYA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by SUYA »

Dont Patronize me.....with ur BS. Just remember that the "Animal" in the Jungle is always the black partner...explain that to your children.
CHIEF OGOLO
Egg
Egg

Post by CHIEF OGOLO »

SUYA wrote:Dont Patronize me.....with ur BS. Just remember that the "Animal" in the Jungle is always the black partner...explain that to your children.
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/jungle+fever

Definition: [n] severe form of malaria occurring in tropical regions