Zambia: We’ll shock Nigeria in Uyo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Zambia: We’ll shock Nigeria in Uyo

Post by Sir V »

Dem dey dream.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/zam ... geria-uyo/

Zambia: We’ll shock Nigeria in Uyo ON SEPTEMBER 7, 20175:41 AMIN SPORTSCOMMENTS

Both Zambia coach Wedson Nyirenda and skipper Kennedy Mweene have expressed confidence the Chipolopolo can beat Nigeria in Uyo on October 7 to take World Cup qualification in Group B down to the final match of the series.

Nyirenda Nyirenda was bullish of his team’s chances in Nigeria next month after he achieved a double over Algeria to lift the Southern African team to second place and they are now only three points behind group leaders Nigeria.

Zambia have been unbeaten in their last seven matches, which include CHAN and World Cup qualifiers, to show they are the team on form.

And their coach declared: “Now we will focus on Nigeria. They are a good team and will desperately want a win. But I have a big team who can pick a win and that’s what I am planning for.” South Africa-based goalkeeper Mweene has shared the optimism of his coach.

He said, ”The game against Nigeria is all about preparation. “I am confident we can win in Nigeria with adequate preparations, like we had (for Algeria).

“It will definitely be tough because it will be a do or die affair, we are three points behind, which we can meet up now. “We have a good team who can do it.

“All the players have shown commitment and dedication. The morale is high in camp and that’s what gives us the motivation.” Zambia lost 2-1 to Nigeria at home in Ndola when both teams first clashed a year ago.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/zam ... geria-uyo/
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: Zambia: We’ll shock Nigeria in Uyo

Post by Mr Shows »

Is so okay.... The Eagles shall be waiting..
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

If na mouth game Hugo Roouins would have collected 4 points like he stated. We dey wait for them
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

pajimoh wrote:If na mouth game Hugo Roouins would have collected 4 points like he stated. We dey wait for them
I believe we will qualify on the 7th of October, but i don't like this kind of pressure. Anyway they say pressure is privilege.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Sir V, we are in the group of death remember... Qualification was never meant to be a stroll in the park.... The boys are unbeaten since the start of the campaign. I am not sure they are in the mood to start dashing out points to any of their opponents. Even Algeria will collect their 2 goals with no change given.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

WCQualifiers unbeaten since 2004 (when Euro-based stars shunned invitation, and the coach deployed a make-shift squad that eventually lost 0-1 to Angola in Luanda...)

This is the WCup, not AFCON...
Zambia, keep talking, please...

:glare: :glare: :glare: :glare:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

There is one incontrovertible fact the Zambia team that beat Algeria both times is a formidable team that is capable of stealing the qualification from SE. SE to qualify must bring their A team . Frankly speaking, I'm not sure the SE that confronted the indomitable lions is good enough to subdue these roaring Zambians. I have this trepidation something amiss is waiting for SE on October7 though I'm cautiously sanguine that SE may emerge victorious but my inner most recessive mind is telling me we are in for great shock. I had this same feeling when SE faced South Africa but I subdued because of my affinity with the team however their waterloo may be the match against Zambia in Uyo. I pray fervently that my doom's prophecy may not manifest.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Mr Shows wrote:Is so okay.... The Eagles shall be waiting..
No, the Eagles and Nigeria will NOT prepare. We will be sleeping and praying for a win. I wish the game is next week so we can see sooner instead of making some noises. Someone should please tell Zambia that Nigeria are NOT Algeria
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

@Bully12: Sorry dont want to sound harsh but stop praying: It's either you believe in your team or you don't and like Zambian coach said "it's all aboute adequate preparation". I dont think the Zambians will have any more preparation than Nigeria. At end of the day itall comes down to who has a better team tactic.

Remember, same was said of Algeria and Cameroon that Nigeria would drop points or get beaten by both. The rest is now history. I believe Zambia will also go down that path too. :bump: :bump:

Cheers.
Last edited by Next on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bully12 wrote:There is one incontrovertible fact the Zambia team that beat Algeria both times is a formidable team that is capable of stealing the qualification from SE. SE to qualify must bring their A team . Frankly speaking, I'm not sure the SE that confronted the indomitable lions is good enough to subdue these roaring Zambians. I have this trepidation something amiss is waiting for SE on October7 though I'm cautiously sanguine that SE may emerge victorious but my inner most recessive mind is telling me we are in for great shock. I had this same feeling when SE faced South Africa but I subdued because of my affinity with the team however their waterloo may be the match against Zambia in Uyo. I pray fervently that my doom's prophecy may not manifest.
Oga bully12; I think you are correct, but on the other hand, that is why the game is played on the pitch. If we are not able to beat Zambia in Uyo in this type of game where everything is on the line, I'd say we have no business going to Russia. Thus and like I said in one of my posts, "the fear or respect" of an opponent is a blessing.
Last edited by Odas on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Not this sh** again.

There is nothing that pisses me off more than when Minnows puff out their chests.

Notice how Cameroon didn't speak like this! Elites know how to respect other elites.

Minnows just don't know how to conduct themselves. And you might say that the minnow is still "in it" while Cameroon is out.

but this is a case of new money versus old money. The new money 'minnows' may have the success, but they lack class and etiquette.

Nothing pisses me off more than new money minnows. With time they will learn how to conduct themselves in public, they are still new to the game. Every opportunity they get is to make mouth. Abeg gerra...jor je kin gbo 'kan, nono nononsense.

Shock ko, Electricity ni.
Last edited by Tbite on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Just an odd qualifiers which kinda scares me, because we are usually the ones in Zambia's position, trying to play catch up and talking about we will beat the top team and we end up doing it more times than not. So hope the team is up for it and doesn't lose concentration and their upper hand.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Organized defending and killing your opponent on the counter is a well-established method of deflating superior and other teams. The Zambians did that very well against Algeria, though the Algerians were completely useless anywhere near the box. We need to be very careful. This is not a done deal. My hope is that we will not be as Impotent as Algeria around the goal.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Sir V wrote:
pajimoh wrote:If na mouth game Hugo Roouins would have collected 4 points like he stated. We dey wait for them
I believe we will qualify on the 7th of October, but i don't like this kind of pressure. Anyway they say pressure is privilege.

Uncle, what pressure? We have 2 games to qualify, they have practically one. If we lose or tie we can still qualify with a defeat of Algeria. They have to win 2 games to qualify. There is little pressure on us. More importantly, we have been playing with purpose all through the qualifier and I don't see us changing that.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Zambia will have to come and attack in Uyo, which is perfect for the SE..Cameroon did the same... we aren't chasing the game, we can decide to PTB in Uyo and Algeria
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Well it's within their prerogative to talk as loud as they can, after all nobody believed Zambia will even be second in a group of elite teams like Algeria and Cameroon.....but they are,even hot on our trails. That been said, I'm very confident we will beat them...
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the eyeballs - to inaccurately paraphrase Rabbi Mike Tyson
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

There will be a lot of fouls and corner kicks by Zambia.

Will we be able to take advantage of them ?
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

This is great news. Serious teams show respect and then deal with you on the pitch. Not to mouth off before the game and then run helter skelter.
If they had kept quiet, I would have my doubts but with this attitude, am very certain we will qualify Uyo
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

That must never happen. Nigeria must be ready. We need a draw, they need a Win. Dont Chase the game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

The match is going to be very close. But we are winning precisely we are edging them by 1 goal.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

If Zambia wants to shock Naija in Uyo then they better bring a generator.NEPA no go gree o
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!