Zambia: We’ll shock Nigeria in Uyo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Zambia: We’ll shock Nigeria in Uyo

Post by pajimoh »

tunde72 wrote:The match is going to be very close. But we are winning precisely we are edging them by 1 goal.
Ol boy, the way Cameruin chop goals na so Zambia go chop more than one goal margin.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ohsee wrote:Organized defending and killing your opponent on the counter is a well-established method of deflating superior and other teams. The Zambians did that very well against Algeria, though the Algerians were completely useless anywhere near the box. We need to be very careful. This is not a done deal. My hope is that we will not be as Impotent as Algeria around the goal.

Uncle, the players (Balogun in particular) indicated in their post game interviews after the Cameroon game they were disappointed they didnt win the game but that they are ready to go home and win and qualify in front of our home crowd. Nothing they have done so far suggest they are taking any of the games for granted. In fact one of the things i like most about this team is that they are very focused.

Zambia met a deflated Algerian team and beat them as they should have. They were gifted the goal from a defensive error and they capitalized on it. But between them and us given the way both teams have played so far, the team that needs to up its game to win on the 7th is Zambia. And i dont see them being able to play significantly better than they did against Algeria against us. Remember they have to win the game to have any chance of qualifying so i dont see them parking the bus against us like they did against Algeria. They cannot match our pace. They will be beaten, period.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I see Zambia as another Burkina Faso. They will huff and puff but will be subdued. We have the better team.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I have every confidence in the Super Eagles. That team that beat Cameroun in Uyo played with pride and swagger. From Ezenwa through the Oyinbo wall and the mercurial Mikel and fantastic Victor Moses, we have a team that can beat a good Zambian team. No shaking.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:
ohsee wrote:Organized defending and killing your opponent on the counter is a well-established method of deflating superior and other teams. The Zambians did that very well against Algeria, though the Algerians were completely useless anywhere near the box. We need to be very careful. This is not a done deal. My hope is that we will not be as Impotent as Algeria around the goal.

Uncle, the players (Balogun in particular) indicated in their post game interviews after the Cameroon game they were disappointed they didnt win the game but that they are ready to go home and win and qualify in front of our home crowd. Nothing they have done so far suggest they are taking any of the games for granted. In fact one of the things i like most about this team is that they are very focused.

Zambia met a deflated Algerian team and beat them as they should have. They were gifted the goal from a defensive error and they capitalized on it. But between them and us given the way both teams have played so far, the team that needs to up its game to win on the 7th is Zambia. And i dont see them being able to play significantly better than they did against Algeria against us. Remember they have to win the game to have any chance of qualifying so i dont see them parking the bus against us like they did against Algeria. They cannot match our pace. They will be beaten, period.
Make we no forget say Algeria also missed a pen. Those guys were not at the races and Zambia rode their luck. It could have been a lot different had that overrated Mahrez or whatever his name is tucked away the pen
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Coach will say what he has to say. However there is something clear to me - Zambia are not minnows...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:Coach will say what he has to say. However there is something clear to me - Zambia are not minnows...
That is why the group is aptly named "Group of Death". But they'll still chop cane
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cristao II wrote: Coach will say what he has to say. However there is something clear to me - Zambia are not minnows...
Thanks - bro! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Cristao II wrote:Coach will say what he has to say. However there is something clear to me - Zambia are not minnows...
That was never in question. They are African champions. This was the ultimate group of death because all teams were either recent African champions or World Cup participants.

Regardless, After 4 games Nigeria is clearly the superior team in the group on current form.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ok. So they are not minnows...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

What did we expect them to say? "Oh we are bricking it, Nigeria has a much better team than us, and we are thinking of just not showing up for the game because we do not really want to play in the World Cup anyway"?!!
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Abeg we will deal with Zambia easily.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

According to the theory of how the past is used to predict the future:

Nigeria has not lost a WC Qualifier at home in a long time. This piece of information is enough to predict the outcome of this match.

*disclaimer: this post is not meant to encourage gambling
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Obong wrote:I have every confidence in the Super Eagles. That team that beat Cameroun in Uyo played with pride and swagger. From Ezenwa through the Oyinbo wall and the mercurial Mikel and fantastic Victor Moses, we have a team that can beat a good Zambian team. No shaking.
Obong,

I totally disagree with your idea of "No shaking." If Emir does not shake then Nigeria no go win. Thus, there has to be shaking. Bet on that.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

They don't know what will hit them in Uyo. Nigerian players are not as soft as the Algerians. We are waiting.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

wiseone wrote:What did we expect them to say? "Oh we are bricking it, Nigeria has a much better team than us, and we are thinking of just not showing up for the game because we do not really want to play in the World Cup anyway"?!!
Maybe just keep quiet and prepare for the game. To be honest I actually.prefer them making noise . It's good motivation material for the Eagles and it will help them to.sit up
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.