NIGERIA AFTER ABRAHAM - bbc

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA AFTER ABRAHAM - bbc

Post by airwolex »

smartbrother wrote:we're neglecting top grade talent like sadiq umar but pursuing a dude that shows zero interest in playing for us
i guess the grass is always greener on the other side
shocking stuff
I honestly have never understood this reasoning. Why can't we work on Abraham with a view to capping him at the same time monitoring Umar and making sure he knows he is on the radar. It's not one or the other.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

airwolex wrote:
smartbrother wrote:we're neglecting top grade talent like sadiq umar but pursuing a dude that shows zero interest in playing for us
shocking stuff
I honestly have never understood this reasoning. Why can't we work on Abraham with a view to capping him at the same time monitoring Umar and making sure he knows he is on the radar. It's not one or the other.
i have honestly never understood how people cannot take a few secs to digest what they have read before responding
Where did I state that I believe Umar is being monitored?
My contention is that Umar is being neglected. i.e. exact opposite of being monitored
If i had confidence he was at least being monitored I would have no problem with us courting the likes of Abraham
But I believe he is being neglected.
I base this on the fact he has never been invited to SE camp
not before his time out due to injury or since his return
whereas Wolfsburg reserve players like Usimehn have been invitied on mutltiple occasions
A more reasoned response would be to challenge my view that he is being ignored
not argue against a statement i did not make
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

smartbrother wrote:
airwolex wrote:
shocking stuff
i have honestly never understood how people cannot take a few secs to digest what they have read before responding
Where did I state that I believe Umar is being monitored?
My contention is that Umar is being neglected. i.e. exact opposite of being monitored
If i had confidence he was at least being monitored I would have no problem with us courting the likes of Abraham
But I believe he is being neglected.
I base this on the fact he has never been invited to SE camp
not before his time out due to injury or since his return
whereas Wolfsburg reserve players like Usimehn have been invitied on mutltiple occasions
A more reasoned response would be to challenge my view that he is being ignored
not argue against a statement i did not make
Bottom-line is we can do both at the same time. We can reach out to both Umar and Abraham.

He might well be ignored or neglected but that's got nothing to do with trying to cap Abraham.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

^ you're entitled to your view
As for me, I have a BIG problem with us pursuing players we wouldn't have any need for if we weren't neglecting top tier players already available and willing to play for us.
it shows there is an ojukokoro mentality in the minds of the NFF leadership
Which i find very disturbing
More importantly it is unfair and unjust treatment of Sadiq who was our top scorer in RIO last year
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

airwolex wrote:
shocking stuff
Correct. No harm in pursuing all options.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

shocking stuff
There's always been a massive flaw in Nigeria's priorities and selections why do you think Shola Amoebi made the cut?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Call ups are based on scouting reports, facts and stats, and the areas of the team that still require strengthening.. There was a whole load of clamour for Kayode and Oyenkuru to be called up and in the fulness of time they were , surely others will get their chance.

Sadiq has been injured for a while and he has only quite recently nailed down a first team shirt. Let him him a hit a rich vein of form, then we can see....... The options are between him and Tammy Abraham, the jury is still out on both.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote:
marutimon wrote:Last time I checked Nigeria was a 1/8 World Cup finalist, while England was losing to Costa Rica.

As it stands Nigeria offers more chance to win stuff than England.
Maybe but with the headache of flights not being reimbursed, bonuses not being paid, abandonment after injury while serving, NFF in general, you can go on and on, definitely SE is not the sexier option, esp for real top talent that could actually be an England mainstay.
Add the fact that he sees an opportunity to be called up by England and to play along several of his longtime friends, which would not be the case in Nigeria. His home is more England than Nigeria. The arrow certainly points towards England, if you ask me. Nigeria's chance comes when the window of an England call up begins to dim and not when the light is bright. That is usually the case.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Enugu II wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
marutimon wrote:Last time I checked Nigeria was a 1/8 World Cup finalist, while England was losing to Costa Rica.

As it stands Nigeria offers more chance to win stuff than England.
Maybe but with the headache of flights not being reimbursed, bonuses not being paid, abandonment after injury while serving, NFF in general, you can go on and on, definitely SE is not the sexier option, esp for real top talent that could actually be an England mainstay.
Add the fact that he sees an opportunity to be called up by England and to play along several of his longtime friends, which would not be the case in Nigeria. His home is more England than Nigeria. The arrow certainly points towards England, if you ask me. Nigeria's chance comes when the window of an England call up begins to dim and not when the light is bright. That is usually the case.
If the truth be told, he is a long way off getting an England call up and besides the Brits aren't going to show him much love (Ask Hesky, Defoe, Walcot etc). He'll be tossed like an empty bags of chips in a very short space of time..So his longevity as an international player is another thing to bear in mind.

England don't have a tradition of building on their U17 and U21's. On the other hand, Nigeria do and it is quite interesting that both nations have a golden generation of young players coming through.. He looks a decent player..the ball is in his court.