Nigeria to drop to 44th in FIFA Ranking

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Nigeria to drop to 44th in FIFA Ranking

Post by Synopsis »

Down from 38.
CHAN matches shouldn't be included in the calculation. :boo:
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria to drop to 44th in FIFA Ranking

Post by marutimon »

Yeah, that sure was Africa shooting itself in the foot.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

marutimon wrote:Yeah, that sure was Africa shooting itself in the foot.
Forget the ranking. We need to develop our game and CHAN helps the local lads. FIFA ranking I nothing more than bragging rights
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It affects our players ability to get a work permit
OCCUPY NFF!!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Synopsis wrote:Down from 38.
The natural number for Naija should be around 100. It is a fair position given your population.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

:roll: :roll: How many CHAN games did Naija play?

Cameroon won AFCON and dropped. So did many other AFCON teams, while a dormant Naija rose up in rankings.
Now that you are finally playing games and dropping, you blame CHAN in which you played only two games?
One of which you won via off side goals?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA[/color] wrote: It affects our players ability to get a work permit
Please explain.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA[/color] wrote: It affects our players ability to get a work permit
Please explain.
Onazi's failed move to Birmingham
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Kabalega wrote:

Cameroon won AFCON and dropped. So did many other AFCON teams, while a dormant Naija rose up in rankings.
Now that you are finally playing games and dropping, you blame CHAN in which you played only two games?
Are you ok? :shock: Cameroon moved up 29 spots after they won AFCON.

Nigeria lost a CHAN qualifier match and they dropped. Why should they be punished? Nigeria's CHAN team is nothing close to our strongest team. I have nothing against the CHAN, great for development, I just think it shouldn't be included in the calculation. It is unfair to teams where the majority of their players play outside of their country.

See the lopsided groups CAF has in WCQ.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Synopsis wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Nigeria lost a CHAN qualifier match and they dropped. Why should they be punished? Nigeria's CHAN team is nothing close to our strongest team. I have nothing against the CHAN, great for development, I just think it shouldn't be included in the calculation. It is unfair to teams where the majority of their players play outside of their country.

Not true! Then why didn't they climb after beating the same team by a wider margin?

Care to explain why a dormant Nigeria kept climbing after missing out on AFCON, while AFCON bound teams were dropping in ranking?

How come Nigeria that failed to qualify for the last two AFCONs, is now ranked higher than CIV and Ghana?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Kabalega wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Not true! Then why didn't they climb after beating the same team by a wider margin?

Care to explain why a dormant Nigeria kept climbing after missing out on AFCON, while AFCON bound teams were dropping in ranking?

How come Nigeria that failed to qualify for the last two AFCONs, is now ranked higher than CIV and Ghana?
FIFA ranking doesn't take into account goal margin.

Nigeria has been performing better than Ghana and CIV over the last year. CIV didn't win a single match at the AFCON and look at Ghana's recent results:

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

pajimoh wrote:
Forget the ranking. We need to develop our game and CHAN helps the local lads. FIFA ranking I nothing more than bragging rights
No one says we shoudln't play CHAN games, but since they count as friendlies they negatively affect Africa's already low rankings making World Cup pot 1 seeding virtually impossible. You can win games at CHAN and drop as a result, the more you play the lower you will be ranked, because their weighting is just 1 as compared to World Cup games having 2,5.

You win CHAN with 7 games straight and you can even drop in the rankings as a result as it massively increases the number of friendly games as compared to other confeds!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

marutimon wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
No one says we shoudln't play CHAN games, but since they count as friendlies they negatively affect Africa's already low rankings making World Cup pot 1 seeding virtually impossible. You can win games at CHAN and drop as a result, the more you play the lower you will be ranked, because their weighting is just 1 as compared to World Cup games having 2,5.

You win CHAN with 7 games straight and you can even drop in the rankings as a result as it massively increases the number of friendly games as compared to other confeds!
Where is CHAN counted as friendly's? It's a tournament and played under tournament rules
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Generalissimo Ogolo wrote:
The natural number for Naija should be around 100. It is a fair position given your population.
When people from football playing nations are talking, you should take out a notepad and write bullet points so when you return to your marathon runners forum, you can share how "they reason." olodo rabata :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Una still dey cry about rankings? SE was ranked low before the 3rd round of the qualifiers
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

marutimon wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

That's right. CHAN should be reclassified as a B team tournament so it doesn't affect the rankings.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You no well at all
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

100%Naija wrote:
When people from football playing nations are talking, you should take out a notepad and write bullet points so when you return to your marathon runners forum, you can share how "they reason." olodo rabata :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Synopsis wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

FIFA ranking doesn't take into account goal margin.

Nigeria has been performing better than Ghana and CIV over the last year. CIV didn't win a single match at the AFCON and look at Ghana's recent results:

wow 3 Wins 8 loses and 2 draws.. they've been losing a lot, that Grant really yeye ghana
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

pajimoh wrote:
marutimon wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Where is CHAN counted as friendly's? It's a tournament and played under tournament rules
CHAN games count as friendly games in FIFA ranking points.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

You're actually better off not playing friendlies - or playing a few against higher ranked teams AND defeating them. That's how Poland and Switzerland are gaming the system.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.