ITSAGOAL ON JOSEPH LAMPTEY...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
ITSAGOAL ON JOSEPH LAMPTEY...

Post by anointed »

...the referee who made Ghana proud this week :tic:
HISTORY: How Ref. Joseph Lampey’s father was involved in a world cup qualifier replay 24-years ago
 0
By Tolu Davies on September 8, 2017 Africa, Features, Updates
World football has been shocked following Fifa’s decision to order for the replay of the World Cup qualifier between South Africa and Senegal after finding out that Ghanaian referee Joseph Lamptey manipulated the results.

Let me share this football history with you…

The image attached to this story is that of Late Major George Lamptey, one of Ghana’s top referees in the 1970’s to 1995. Major George Lamptey was the father of banned Ghanaian referee Joseph Lamptey.

In 1974, the late Major Lamptey officiated a World Cup qualifier between Zaire and Morroco. After the game, he was in a similar fashion, accused by Morocco of robbing them for Zaire (now DR Congo).

The Moroccan FA officials and media claimed that Major Lamptey slept at the palace of then millionaire Zaire president Mobutu Sese Sekou a night before the game. Morocco therefore insinuated that, the referee was financially influenced to rob for Zaire. The results ensured that Ziare qualified to the 1974 World Cup.

Also, Major Lamptey was in charge of the tensioned-packed World Cup qualifier between Egypt and Zimbabwe in Cairo in 1993. The game was abandoned, Zimbabwe protested of poor officiating. Guess what happened next? FIFA ordered for a replay of that game at a neutral venue in Lyon France.

43 years after that controversial Zaire vs Morocco World Cup qualifier, and 24 years after FIFA’s order of the replay of the Egypt vs Zimbabwe World Cup qualifier he commissioned, his son has repeated same record.

Culled from SportsObama
http://itsagoal.ng/history-ref-joseph-l ... years-ago/
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ITSAGOAL ON JOSEPH LAMPTEY...

Post by anointed »

On a closer inspection, maybe cos the ref is a Ghanaian, the story has been trending on Ghanaweb. com. In Africa, we love dramatic stories with a religious hook. First, Jean Fidel Diramba refereed the annulled match btw Egypt and Zimbabwe in 1993. Check the link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_FIFA ... rst_Round)
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Per the 1974 WCQ btw Zaire and Morocco, the Moroccans visited Zaire and had to win to have a chance of qualifying for the WC. They lost 3-0 and they complained of how their players were treated with rough tackles. They demanded a replay which fifa didn't grant and so they withdrew from the return leg, which wouldn't have had any effect on the outcome anyway. In fact, the Moroccans refused to come to the 1974 afcon, which Zaire by beating Zambia in a replay in Cairo. Ironically, Zambia was the only other team in the final round of the 1974 WCQ. I think the lack of the spirit of sportsmanship by North Africans has often reared its head in our contemporary times. Check the link below.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/ro ... index.html
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

BTW, I don't think that that It's A Goal is CE's version o.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

anointed wrote:BTW, I don't think that that It's A Goal is CE's version o.
On the contrary, our own IAG beta pass dia own. Even if he's a low down dirty spudite. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

In short like father like son.....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho