MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL (5-0) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL (5-0) FT

Post by Kabalega »

Coach wrote:Jurgen Klopp hasn’t addressed key defensive problems at Liverpool, says the Daily Telegraph's Matt Law on the Sunday Supplement.

Klopp's men were thrashed 5-0 by Manchester City on Saturday, although Liverpool did have Sadio Mane sent off in the first half.

Liverpool showed familiar defensive frailties in the defeat as they failed to bolster that area of their back line in the transfer window, instead splashing cash on attacking players Mohamed Salah and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Speaking on the Sunday Supplement, Law said: "Didn't the result tell us more about Liverpool's defending rather than Manchester City's attacking?

"It showed they don't have a squad capable of shutting up shop - they haven't addressed problems already there.

"I wasn't impressed with them at Watford - they've conceded eight goals in two away games. I find it weird that Jurgen Klopp is going for players like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Thomas Lemar, yet it's absolutely clear they need a central defender and possibly a goalkeeper.

"I don't get why they made Virgil van Dijk their number one target and then when they couldn't get him, say that they're not interested in a central defender. There are other central defenders out there that would improve Liverpool's defence."

Sauce: Heinz Pragmaticaise
Klopp likes specific traits in particular players. If he doesn't get the right player, he will wait until he finds one.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Sakho's replacement still not found at Pool?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

txj wrote:
Cristao II wrote:If Liverpool were an African team, someone would call them naive and in need of evolution. Meanwhile it is now been referred to as pragmatism.. let me go and laugh..
I wonder if Pochettino and Spurs were being pragmatic or naive when they were throwing CL and EL games last season?
The last excuse I will make is that Spurs deliberately threw any CL and EL games last season. The glory is in the game and to Dare is to Do. We were found wanting in Europe because of the stupid mentality of some Spurs players. This season, some clubs go surely hear wen!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8