sunday mba released-by turkish club

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
sunday mba released-by turkish club

Post by smartbrother »

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/09/09/a ... kish-club/

These are not the best of times for AFCON 2013 hero Sunday Mba as he was finally released by Turkish club Yeni Malatyaspor, SCORENigeria can report.

The 28-year-old Mba became a household name when he scored the winner in the AFCON 2013 final against Burkina Faso in Johannesburg, South Africa.

However, the attacking midfielder shocked most people when after he was linked various high-profile clubs in Europe he eventually opted to join French lower league club CA Bastia in 2014.

They were eventually relegated to the third division and this freed him to move to Yeni Malatyaspor in July 2015.

Mba featured for the Turkish club as they won promotion to the top flight last season.

He and compatriot Austin Amutu have now been released by the Turkish club with Azubuike Okechukwu being the only Nigerian player to survive the purge at the club
akamoke
Re: sunday mba released-by turkish club

Post by akamoke »

I Hope he comes right and find a decent club
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ROHR should call him
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:ROHR should call him
I think you're joking but I seriously doubt it!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

To "wash Jersey"?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

smartbrother wrote: However, the attacking midfielder shocked most people when after he was linked various high-profile clubs in Europe he eventually opted to join French lower league club CA Bastia in 2014.
:lol: :lol:

some people still think you can just walk to the door of any club and say "i wanna join"

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:
smartbrother wrote: However, the attacking midfielder shocked most people when after he was linked various high-profile clubs in Europe he eventually opted to join French lower league club CA Bastia in 2014.

some people still think you can just walk to the door of any club and say "i wanna join"

:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

I'm not saying Mba is world class, but there was a lot about his move to Europe that stank. His hand was forced and based on his talent, he should have moved to a better club.

The subsequent freezout from the national team was really sad and an indication of factors outside the field of play at work.

Let's let sleeping dogs be. Hope the brother can find a way to make a decent income off his talent soon.
tfco wrote:

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Super Nigerian hero. And a really nice guy too. Met him and Omeruo in Houston when Nigeria played Mexico few years ago. Super Nice guy. Kenneth too. Hope he lands a new club soon.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Whatever he does from now on doess not matter. Sunday Mba's name is etched in annals of African football.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I also suspect with a name like Mba he is from the South of the continent :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

1naija wrote:Super Nigerian hero. And a really nice guy too. Met him and Omeruo in Houston when Nigeria played Mexico few years ago. Super Nice guy. Kenneth too. Hope he lands a new club soon.
Did they give you five stars after the uber ride?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
I think you're joking but I seriously doubt it!
Seriously, if some people think Enyeama should be allowed to "walk back" into the Super Eagles Team, Mba should be allowed to do same - in all fairness.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:Whatever he does from now on doess not matter. Sunday Mba's name is etched in annals of African football.

I also suspect with a name like Mba he is from the South of the continent :thumbs: :thumbs:
:thumb: Wish him all the best in his career, although he looks to be surplus to requirement at the moment. The only way he will get a look in is down to form and playing for a good club. Finally, he has to be better that what Rohr already has...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Hope he finds another club soon. If not in Europe, he can make a decent living playing for an Egyptian team.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

kalani JR wrote:
1naija wrote:Super Nigerian hero. And a really nice guy too. Met him and Omeruo in Houston when Nigeria played Mexico few years ago. Super Nice guy. Kenneth too. Hope he lands a new club soon.
Did they give you five stars after the uber ride?

Murds, can one of you find out what Uncle is talking about? Thanks in advance
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

tfco wrote:

Dude, 'opt' simply means to choose...
And Mba could have chosen to stay in Nigeria rather than go to CA Bastia.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

tfco wrote:

This is known as the Odemwingie Conumdrum.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Btw, I am watching Yeni Malatyaspor vs Kasimpasa right now...
Azubuike Okechukwu is in midfield for Malatyaspor, while Samuel Eduok is the lone striker for Kasimpasa.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

How is her performing. I thought he was one of Nigeria's best players at the Olympics.
Gotti wrote:Btw, I am watching Yeni Malatyaspor vs Kasimpasa right now...
Azubuike Okechukwu is in midfield for Malatyaspor, while Samuel Eduok is the lone striker for Kasimpasa.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Has anyone seen Mba play recently? I get the impression you are all assessing him based on his 2013 form. Has it ever occurred to you that the Sunday Mba of 2017 may be half the player he was in 2013.

Just to put it into perspective. How many of you would pick Efe Ambrose, Nosa Igiebor or Juwon Oshaniwa, who were all members of that ANC-winning team for the Eagles today?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

wiseone wrote:How is her performing. I thought he was one of Nigeria's best players at the Olympics.
Gotti wrote:Btw, I am watching Yeni Malatyaspor vs Kasimpasa right now...
Azubuike played well in a 2-3 away loss...
Tough to see who would replace in the SE though (perhaps Mikel Agu).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Has anyone seen Mba play recently? I get the impression you are all assessing him based on his 2013 form. Has it ever occurred to you that the Sunday Mba of 2017 may be half the player he was in 2013.

Just to put it into perspective. How many of you would pick Efe Ambrose, Nosa Igiebor or Juwon Oshaniwa, who were all members of that ANC-winning team for the Eagles today?
KPOM. It is amazing that this escapes many guys. As if Mba will forever be at his 2013 form. Even age will assure that he won't.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics