Tunisia&Cameroon should not be anywhere near the world cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tunisia&Cameroon should not be anywhere near the world c

Post by Orion »

smart brother wrote:Orion first of all I dispute your assertion we have more talented players
I never said we have "more talented players". I said our population has enabled us to produce more talent. They have talent, we have talent. We just have a larger pool to choose from hence it produces just that fraction of a difference even when our administration is in shambles. Poor administration plagues both countries. On a good day for them, however, they can whop us and perform better than us at the World Cup.

I'll dismiss the rest of your stuff as due to ignorance. One day you'll grow up.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Samora Machel wrote:
Makanaky wrote:Everyone and their Mom's getting all disrespectful on CE.
Cameron where in the world cup when your ancestors where wondering what that machine in the air was.

Had it not been for the IL's in 82 and 90 the world cup would have just been a dream for a lot of countries in Africa.

Sit down and STFU!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap:
Best African team ever at any world cup. I will always respect cameroon

Chimurenga Rebel I disagree, it makes no difference who goes they are all sh.it. Sorry chief
They were good back in the days. Algeria also had a thing or two to say in the eighties.
However Cameroun has not been useful to anybody in the last few decades
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Orion wrote:
smart brother wrote:Orion first of all I dispute your assertion we have more talented players
I never said we have "more talented players". I said our population has enabled us to produce more talent. They have talent, we have talent. We just have a larger pool to choose from hence it produces just that fraction of a difference even when our administration is in shambles. Poor administration plagues both countries. On a good day for them, however, they can whop us and perform better than us at the World Cup.

I'll dismiss the rest of your stuff as due to ignorance. One day you'll grow up.
If you think poor administration plagues both countries why bring it up at all?
Another example of your muddled thinking
Only 11 players can fit on a pitch at any one given time
Having a larger population Or a larger pool hardly explains decades and decades of superior results
Cameroon ivorycoast and Ghana have smaller populations than Nigeria too
But they have matched or outperformed is in recent years
I'll dismiss the rest of your drivel as being due to aforementioned suspected brain injury
In general if you wish to keep insults out of discussion don't be the first to fire insults
If you had a healthy brain you wouldn't need me to tell you this
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Undertaker wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Cameroon should not be at this WC unless they get their act together. Their play and bonus problems have been embarrassing and Africa deserves better this.

Egypt will probably be there but I don't expect much from them. Ditto for Tunisia. I don't see Guinea being able to trouble them when the chips are down.

Nigeria should qualify too. While the Zambians are young and full of running, I don't think their team is cohesive enough to beat Nigeria in Uyo. They still need to mature a bit before they can do something st the WC

I have a feeling Morocco might pip CIV for the WC spot. Unlike most other N African sides the Moroccans have done well

Final spot is Senegal. Like Nigeria they have the potential to do well if the draw is favorable. Like Nigeria they've shown they can rise to the challenge
So when is the South Africa vs. Senegal match being replayed? ....................Thanks to that midget ref for making this happen
:D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Samora Machel wrote:
Makanaky wrote:Everyone and their Mom's getting all disrespectful on CE.
Cameron where in the world cup when your ancestors where wondering what that machine in the air was.

Had it not been for the IL's in 82 and 90 the world cup would have just been a dream for a lot of countries in Africa.

Sit down and STFU!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap:
Best African team ever at any world cup. I will always respect cameroon

Chimurenga Rebel I disagree, it makes no difference who goes they are all sh.it. Sorry chief
Best and worst ever (honorable mention to Zaire). :)

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Damunk wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
airwolex wrote:Cameroon has been woeful recently but everyone that gets through African qualifiers deserves a chance to mess up at the WC. These are the best teams Africa has to offer, or do we really believe that Congo DRC, Cape Verde, Guinea, Zambia will do better? Not a chance, they will be ripped to shreds. We saw Angola and Togo go to make up the numbers years ago.

Leave Cameroon, for a small Nation they have done well enough and deserve a bit more respect.
Angola acquitted themselves for a first timer.
Way better than what Ghana did in Brazil and Cameroon or other N. Africans besides Algeria and Morocco.

Togo did what West Africans do best, fight of money. At least, they can be forgiven as it was their first time.
Nigeria, Ghana and others who have been there, have no excuse for poor organization.

That is why more progressive FAs like Cape Verde and Zambia, ...e.t.c, should go and continue to grow.
Players like Africa's finest, Onyango need to experience the WC. :thumb:

With the usual suspects, it will be more of the same. :twisted:
Africa needs fresh blood like we have with the CAF leadership :D
Well you should have used your organization to beat Egypt then.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Tbite wrote:Isn't Tunisia supposed to be one of the most organized countries in Africa in general?

It's been a long time since I checked, but if I remember clearly Tunisia does well in areas such as ease of doing business, R&D etc.

So why shouldn't the organization be among the best in Africa, in football terms?
One of the most organized in CAF is hardly a difficult attribute.

Tunisia FTF does not do well, it's Esperance and to lesser extent Etoile and Sfax that carry Tunisian football. Locally against the most CAF competition Tunisia does well but despite "great organization" where's the success....3 ANC finals, with 1 solitary victory in 2004 ...meh.... :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored:
Even that one solitary victory came courtesy of bogus "home cooked" PK award against Nigeria in the semis. :)

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Orion wrote:

:lol: i hope you are not holding your breath waiting for this to occur.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote:You are being too humble. Tunisia play a very good style of football both at NTand club level. Right now I dunno if I can list two African nations better than Tunisia at the NT level.

For me Tunisia stands among the best in player development and harmonization of the way 11 players play on the field.

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Tbite wrote:Isn't Tunisia supposed to be one of the most organized countries in Africa in general?

It's been a long time since I checked, but if I remember clearly Tunisia does well in areas such as ease of doing business, R&D etc.

So why shouldn't the organization be among the best in Africa, in football terms?
One of the most organized in CAF is hardly a difficult attribute.

Tunisia FTF does not do well, it's Esperance and to lesser extent Etoile and Sfax that carry Tunisian football. Locally against the most CAF competition Tunisia does well but despite "great organization" where's the success....3 ANC finals, with 1 solitary victory in 2004 ...meh.... :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored:
do not mind him, gets his joy bashing Tunisia( like i said they will qualify from their group) he just wants to continue the tone of complaining alas assnal CE spammers)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Wow, with all these superlatives such as 'heightened understanding' and 'cerebral brand of football' one would think Nigeria has won every club and NT tourney in Africa but this is far from the case. One would also think that Nigeria would have gone furthest at the WC than Senegal when this is not the case.

Is Nigeria a better footballing nation than Senegal? Undoubtedly. Is it a better footballing nation than most African countries? Yes. But I am sure it has little to do with this 'amazing' football IQ theory you ramble on about below.

BTW, what on earth is antelope football for example? :lol:
smartbrother wrote:
YUJAM wrote:I don't think your choice of words makes sense here. What does intelligent footballing nation mean?
smartbrother wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Cameroon should not be at this WC unless they get their act together. Their play and bonus problems have been embarrassing and Africa deserves better this.

Egypt will probably be there but I don't expect much from them. Ditto for Tunisia. I don't see Guinea being able to trouble them when the chips are down.

Nigeria should qualify too. While the Zambians are young and full of running, I don't think their team is cohesive enough to beat Nigeria in Uyo. They still need to mature a bit before they can do something st the WC

I have a feeling Morocco might pip CIV for the WC spot. Unlike most other N African sides the Moroccans have done well

Final spot is Senegal. Like Nigeria they have the potential to do well if the draw is favorable. Like Nigeria they've shown they can rise to the challenge
Senegal may get there but they are not on Nigeria's level
Nigeria is a far more intelligent footballing nation

let me clarify
by African standards Nigeria plays a cerebral brand of football based on passing, skill and heightened understanding of the game.
Its ingrained into our footballing culture. Even at street football level
Senegal produces very skillful individual footballers but they play what i call antelope football the African version of kick and rush
A very dumb brand of football based primarily on physicality and athleticism
This is why despite having produced so many amazing individual players over the years - some of whom nigeria and cameroon wouldve killed to have - Senegal has never won an African nations cup and rarely make it beyond the Qfinals
The collective football IQ of Senegal is very low compared to nigeria
thats what i mean
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Antelopian football? :D :D
It is self explanatory no?
YUJAM wrote:Wow, with all these superlatives such as 'heightened understanding' and 'cerebral brand of football' one would think Nigeria has won every club and NT tourney in Africa but this is far from the case. One would also think that Nigeria would have gone furthest at the WC than Senegal when this is not the case.

Is Nigeria a better footballing nation than Senegal? Undoubtedly. Is it a better footballing nation than most African countries? Yes. But I am sure it has little to do with this 'amazing' football IQ theory you ramble on about below.

BTW, what on earth is antelope football for example? :lol:
smartbrother wrote:
YUJAM wrote:I don't think your choice of words makes sense here. What does intelligent footballing nation mean?
smartbrother wrote:

Senegal may get there but they are not on Nigeria's level
Nigeria is a far more intelligent footballing nation

let me clarify
by African standards Nigeria plays a cerebral brand of football based on passing, skill and heightened understanding of the game.
Its ingrained into our footballing culture. Even at street football level
Senegal produces very skillful individual footballers but they play what i call antelope football the African version of kick and rush
A very dumb brand of football based primarily on physicality and athleticism
This is why despite having produced so many amazing individual players over the years - some of whom nigeria and cameroon wouldve killed to have - Senegal has never won an African nations cup and rarely make it beyond the Qfinals
The collective football IQ of Senegal is very low compared to nigeria
thats what i mean
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Wetin be antelope football :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Can Cameroon ever play like this again?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Congrats to the Super Eagles on yet another world cup appearance. May these Super Eagles play with the spirit of the 1994 team.

May I also extend my congratulations to the Pharohs from Egypt after a 28 year hiatus from the mundial I am 100% sure you will not take this opportunity you have lightly.

To my dismay those blasted Tunisians look like they will make their way to Russia. Hopefully the inferioty complex has gone and they will do themselves and Africa proud.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:Congrats to the Super Eagles on yet another world cup appearance. May these Super Eagles play with the spirit of the 1994 team.

May I also extend my congratulations to the Pharohs from Egypt after a 28 year hiatus from the mundial I am 100% sure you will not take this opportunity you have lightly.

To my dismay those blasted Tunisians look like they will make their way to Russia. Hopefully the inferioty complex has gone and they will do themselves and Africa proud.

Thanks brother, nothing but love!